• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Truant

Game runs great, and looks OK with 8xAA, FXAA, 16xAF and TB/Vertical Sync.

Obviously a console game at heart.

Also, PC controls suck. Need to get my wireless reciever back so I can play this with a glorious 360 pad.

PS: Loving the game so far. Got my posessed scythes and have been feeding them basically everything. Came across some quest item, and the character who needed it actually say "Hey, you already found it!!!!" instead of bugging out like I expected to. Cool stuff.

Duffyside

Banned
The USPS can go to hell. Tracking says out for delivery, but the mail ran and I received no package.

vader-nooooo-1.jpg

I'd bet it's not the USPS's fault. This tracking is such a clusterfuck I wouldn't be surprised if I never even got shipped my copy. I say this assuming you ordered from THQ too.

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck...now I wish I didn't day 1 this :(

This is a common problem in games that try to implement a lot of RPG stuff, they forget to close the deal. Not that fetch quests aren't a problem in a lot of RPGs, but there's generally a lot of interesting stuff too. It's a growing pain for these games with molded-together genres.

This is a common problem in games that try to implement a lot of RPG stuff, they forget to close the deal. Not that fetch quests aren't a problem in a lot of RPGs, but there's generally a lot of interesting stuff too. It's a growing pain for these games with molded-together genres.

It makes me wonder if more devs aren't playing their games start to finish to see how things actually flow. It feels like nowadays, more than ever, with the size of teams needed to make games, that the games become very disjointed from start to finish because one team was working on one thing, another team working on another, and when taken as a whole things don't really mesh well.

ironcreed

Banned
I'd bet it's not the USPS's fault. This tracking is such a clusterfuck I wouldn't be surprised if I never even got shipped my copy. I say this assuming you ordered from THQ too.

In my shipping email, I also had like six different packages that was being tracked. I just found mine and tracked it through the USPS. According to my tracking number, it reached my local post office on Saturday. Then, for whatever bizarre reason, was mis-routed to Memphis, Tn. From there it came all the way back to me and is supposed to be out for delivery today, but I guess not. I am fucking livid.

Hmm, game does not run well for me.

Just like the first damn game, I see lots of weird drops and hitches while playing despite FRAPS always reporting 60 fps.

The game clearly struggles with display synchronization of some sort. They're doing something on the back end with this engine that just doesn't play nice with my machine. Of course, my PC today is 100% different from the PC I played DS1 on so it certainly isn't anything related to that build.

D3DOverrider caused the hitching for me.

Duffyside

Banned
In my shipping email, I also had like six different packages that was being tracked. I just found mine and tracked it through the USPS. According to my tracking number, it reached my local post office on Saturday. Then, for whatever bizarre reason, was mis-routed to Memphis, Tn. From there it came all the way back to me and is supposed to be out for delivery today, but I guess not. I am fucking livid.

How did you track it via the USPS? Laughably, I tried their website and the tracking number THQ gave me, and that just told me that my package had been delivered to Minnesota on the third (because that is one of the fabled six).

Once again, from earlier in the thread, for THQ shipping:

http://community.darksiders.com/go/...CIAL_UPDATE_–_shopTHQ_Orders__Shipping_Status

Essentially, everything shipped Monday. If you ordered with USPS shipping, it got upgraded to UPS 3-day and will be there by Thursday at the latest.

Thanks, I had missed that. Still more than a little peeved that my promised release-day delivery isn't going to happen, despite them having over two months to plan for it.

Edit: Oh, actually I guess it could still possibly happen, since it's now UPS. Not likely, but fingers-crossed. Wish they had sent me the UPS tracking information now...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat the first dungeon and have to say this game seems leaps and bounds improved over 1, which I loved. Can't wait to dig in more.

Also fuck gorewood.

ironcreed

Banned
How did you track it via the USPS? Laughably, I tried their website and the tracking number THQ gave me, and that just told me that my package had been delivered to Minnesota on the third (because that is one of the fabled six).

There was separate tracking for each location listed. I found the one coming to me, got the different number and have been tracking it on USPS.com.

ironcreed

Banned
Yours is one of the ones that isn't applicable to that then. Some shipped out when they shouldn't have, yours was one I guess.

Well, the mail ran and it was not delivered and the tracking also still says out for delivery. I went ahead and filed a complaint with the post office as well.

Hawk269

Is the PC version bugged to hell like the PS3 version of the game? It is hard to believe that they shipped the PS3 version in that state. I thought the game was finished a long time ago and it was nothing but polish, polish, polish until the release date?

Peterthumpa

So, for tragic / hdn, here's a summary of the issues found by myself, GAF and other sources:

- V-Sync option does not work, tearing is only gone by setting v-sync at driver level;

- Pixelated shadows while on ground covered by ice (and ice only as far as I know). Shader problem?

- "A" button to check the world map doesn't work, clicking the analog stick does the job;

- Forcing FXAA / SMAA works ok for both NVIDIA / ATI. Forcing MSAA or similar on NVIDIA requires the latest beta drivers (305.53). AA enabled with older drivers causes transparency issues with lighting. Forcing MSAA or similar with ATI does not work;

- Stuttering from DS1 still present for 90% of users (even by turning V-Sync on), it seems that forcing the game using a framerate limiter tool such as MSI's OSD solves the problem;

- Options "Yes/No" for quiting the game only appear after moving the analog stick a couple of times;

- Death 3D character pixelated on menus;

- The brightness adjustment picture only shows correctly when starting a new game. Trying to adjust it again afterwards through the options only displays a dark square without reference points;

Anything else?

Truant

So, for tragic / hdn, here's a summary of the issues found by myself, GAF and other sources:

- V-Sync option does not work, tearing is only gone by setting v-sync at driver level;

- Pixelated shadows while on ground covered by ice (and ice only as far as I know). Shader problem?

- "A" button to check the world map doesn't work, clicking the analog stick does the job;

- Forcing FXAA / SMAA works ok for both NVIDIA / ATI. Forcing MSAA or similar on NVIDIA requires the latest beta drivers (305.53). AA enabled with older drivers causes transparency issues with lighting. Forcing MSAA or similar with ATI does not work;

- Stuttering from DS1 still present for 90% of users (even by turning V-Sync on), it seems that forcing the game using a framerate limiter tool such as MSI's OSD solves the problem;

- Options "Yes/No" for quiting the game only appear after moving the analog stick a couple of times;

- The brightness adjustment picture only shows correctly when starting a new game. Trying to adjust it again afterwards through the options only displays a dark square without reference points;

Anything else?

Yeah.

Where's the promised config file?

Hawk269

- The brightness adjustment picture only shows correctly when starting a new game. Trying to adjust it again through the options only displays a dark square without reference points;

Anything else?

Well fuck me....going to wait it out until problems are fixed then. Such a let down after they delayed the game to supposedly polish it up...guess they were full of shit about that!

DieH@rd

Banned
Anything else?

K&M users don't have a way to zoom out the world map. Or at least I did not find the way.

Overall, im very satisfied with the PC version. After customizing controlls and applying D3Doveride, its great. Could be better, but this is great.

KePoW

Banned

Anything else?

On PC version, using the d-pad on a controller does not navigate through menus...only the analog stick. Pretty annoying.

Peterthumpa

On PC version, using the d-pad on a controller does not navigate through menus...only the analog stick. Pretty annoying.

Actually I know about this, but I believe that that's a design choice (and a poor one at that, but oh well). I was trying to list only critical problems first.

luffeN

Is the PC version bugged to hell like the PS3 version of the game? It is hard to believe that they shipped the PS3 version in that state. I thought the game was finished a long time ago and it was nothing but polish, polish, polish until the release date?

What's wrong with it?

Anything else?

Having the same issues :(.... but the game is awesome I'm loving it :)

They are probably drunk. :)

Easier and more streamlined version of DMC and Bayonetta. But, majority of "combat deapth" is optional. You can still button mash if you are equipped with adequate gear.

eugh. well. That's unfortunate. Maybe on the harder difficulties that won't hold as true? I can hope anyways...

Anyone else having trouble with the PRIMA strat guide promo code in order to get the hammer?

Prima's website is telling me my code has already been used. : /

UPDATE - Now it tells me they're out of codes for the 360.

Nice.

Yanno...I was willing to give Vigil the benefit of the doubt on this but yeah...great experience with all of the bullshit pre-order codes and strat guide codes so far.

Megasoum

Banned
How do you limit the FPS without using VSync? I've seen people talking about MSI Afterburner but I installed it and I can't find any options.

Top Bottom