• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

The music that plays when you reach the central hub area of the second world is fantastic. It seems like stacking +Crit, +Crit Dmg, and +HP on Crit are the way to go. Anybody else using something different on their gear?

Derrick01

Banned
Wow ok...
Gorewood
is a bitch...even at level 5 lol

Yeah I was 4 when I first found him. I can only take 2 hits before dying but I think he's still beatable. It was tough dodging all of the attacks but I was able to get him to about 40% before dying one time.

H2Yo

Is there a specific point in the game I have to get to before I can see all my rewards (having a 100% completion Darksiders save, darksiders.com/mace, and the iPhone app)?
I have just
entered the portal after killing the crowfather and have spoken to the viking
but I still don't have any of the bonus content in my inventory.

Syriel

I'm not really much of a potion guy so the health and wrath potions aren't really doing it for me. I would much prefer the game be balanced around resource regen and stats that increase that factor as opposed to what is currently present. I understand that with a finite amount of potions it's completely different than neverending regen, but still not feeling the potions.

I also miss Life and Wrath shards, but I guess they don't make a ton of sense in a loot based game.

If that's the kind of build you want, you can make it. I know I did. ;)

Just have to choose items that feature regen or health/wrath generation on kill or crit. You can also
collect items that can be traded for permanent heath/wrath upgrades

I'm still tweaking the build to optimize
for Crucible bosses
, but against basic mobs I currently have enough health/wrath returning that so long as I keep killing my health return outpaces any damage I take. It currently only fails
against very fast enemies that attack at range (similar to Death) and high level bosses

Is there a specific point in the game I have to get to before I can see all my rewards (having a 100% completion Darksiders save, darksiders.com/mace, and the iPhone app)?
I have just

You don't get the pre-order rewards until
you have access to the Tome. That occurs in the Forge Lands. It's just past (like literally around the corner!) from that first Maker you speak with after killing the Crowfather

I have just

I think you get that stuff when the game sends you to the first dungeon.

Megasoum

Banned
So did anybody who ordered from GMG get a Argul's Tomb code? I know the DLC is not you yet but when I booted the game it was telling me to make sure to keep the Argul's Tomb DLC code that I can find in the box for when it will be available...

I have just

I think you get that stuff when the game sends you to the first dungeon.

You get it by talking to
The lady in town who sells you the trinkets and potions. That's where I got the DS1 weapons anyway.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeah I failed to mention in my first post with impressions just how good the music is. I was scared they had gotten rid of the dungeon jingle with you do something of interest. DS1 nailed it so when it took a while to hear it I was getting worried. Then "dun dun dun dun" oh yeah!

Also in regards to spoilers, if I posted anything that seems spoilerish let me know, I gladly tag it, though I didn't think I gave away anything with my comments.

Such a great game only to be marred by some small tech issues and pre-order code fiascos. The preorder items for the most part are an absolute wash for many people. I'm not sure who dropped the ball of the delivery/functionality etc., but it's such a clusterfuck.

Completely fucking out of control.

Yeah it's really sad too as some of the game art community contributed to those items. If you aren't getting them when you start the game then there isn't much point to them at all as you'll quickly out level their usefulness.

I've entered three codes...and have no idea when I'm getting these things...and two more codes through email that tell me I need to register in-game to get the items and...well...yeah.

The truth of it is that the game doesn't need this shit. It's strong enough as is without all this confusing fuckery.

Megasoum

Banned
There is a "config" folder. It's just empty at the moment. :/

I just thought about something.... It's a complete guess and I can't try it myself right now but since it's the same engine, couldn't we copy the config file from DS1 to the DS2 folder (if there was one...I don't have DS1 installed right now so can't check).

chiba

Does anyone know where you enter dlc codes? I ordered from amazon, have a code for Deadly Despair. No clue where to redeem it.

iNvid02

Does anyone know where you enter dlc codes? I ordered from amazon, have a code for Deadly Despair. No clue where to redeem it.

activate product from within steam menu - pm the code and i'll do it for you

j/k lol

GIMME IIIT

So have we figured out exactly how we get our Preorder DLC when it becomes available in about a month? Especially those of us that preordered thru GMG.

RPGCrazied

Is there a Head2Head yet? On the console versions I mean, or do they not do that anymore? I think its lens of truth or something.

Top Bottom