• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

eosos

Banned
Awesome... :\

25C3600D494092DE02AA84A181BD8DBC5FD70765

And the pirates win again.

This game has one of the most amazing things I have seen so far in the past couple of years. Finishing a certain story quest, quitting the game and then returning the day after gives you a small "previously in Darksiders 2" movie. Freaking awesome!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just picked up my preorder copy, really looking forward to playing!

Also, for the Argul's Tomb DLC, should I enter the code at the site now or just wait till it's out? Does it matter?

antitrop

Pressed it once by mistake, fell, got pressed again. Omg.
I think you just have to suck it up and accept that that was probably the most unlucky thing that will happen to you this week and you and be happy you didn't accidentally get run over by a car instead.

Megasoum

Banned
For those who ordered from GMG, did they send you a separate code for the Argul's Tomb DLC?

I didn't get an extra code and there's nothing about it in my profile on the webpage. It's also not showing in the DLC section of steam's game info page (which I assume is normal since it's not out yet).

Wondering what's up with that.

TriGen

I just picked up my PS3 copy and the menus are super slow. I was stuck on that Death loading pic for a couple minutes and selecting a save slot is really laggy. Has anyone had this problem? I'm wondering if I should just take it back before I even start playing because the disc is faulty, but I want to make sure it's not just because there is some launch day issue.

As for gamers who don’t like fetch quests - this game is not for you. Seriously, the entire game is a fetch quest. All you do is run from area to area, fetching three of these, then three of these, then two of these, then three more of these with combat in between. As someone who honestly doesn’t mind a healthy dose of fetching in her games, Darksiders II still pushed my limits. You end up fetching so much and for so long that the majority of the game feels pretty pointless by the end.

Fuck...now I wish I didn't day 1 this :(

legbone

wow, so apparently if thq's servers are down you can't play the 360 copy (or at least i can't) if you are wirelessly connected to the internet. it tries to access the server and then just shows you the picture of death and dust that is shown for the pc version above. but there is no option to continue without signing in or any type of message at all. i guess it's play offline or not at all. that would be fine if they would at least let you continue offline without having to reset the game and disconnect from the internet. after playing sleeping dogs all morning (great game by the way) i decided to try this. guess i'll go back to sleeping dogs until thq gets their shit figured out. between this and the dlc codes still not being mailed to me after 5 hours i'm not getting a very good first impression with this game. it had better be good.

Adnor

Banned
I have a question, do you have a chest or something like that so you can have the legendary items without wasting space on your inventory?

I shouldn't be in this thread.

1) I got the CE for the 360, but I pre-ordered it a while ago and I ended up moving to a different city. Long story short, I had to go through a complicated process to get the CE shipped to a store here instead of where I was, so I won't be getting it for a few more days. Argh.

2) Because of the move, I told myself I wouldn't unpack my TV/360 until I got a job first. Don't have a job yet. Getting to play this is going to be my motivation I can already tell because once the CE is actually sitting in my room I'm going to want to play it so bad.

Reading all the impressions is torture. Why am I self-flagellating? WHY?!

Adnor

Banned
Oh? As in multiplayer? I did not realize it had that. That'd make some sense, it was bothering me that a single player game had an online pass of sorts.

Nah, it's single player. 100 waves of enemies, every 5 waves you have the option of having your reward (loot) or go for 5 waves more and get a better reward.
If you die in the Crucible you get nothing.

Picked it up at Best Buy earlier, comes with a sweet slip cover. Played about a half hour and I'm enjoying the combat much more then the first Darksiders. I've got Death slicing, kicking, and hammering enemies already, and the loot system seems interesting. Death is certainly more agile than War, and the story's already pretty intriguing.

Duffyside

Banned
*continues to check digital river tracking information, which shows six packages, all of which haven't updated in two weeks*

Won't buy from THQ again.

senador

Banned
Nah, it's single player. 100 waves of enemies, every 5 waves you have the option of having your reward (loot) or go for 5 waves more and get a better reward.
If you die in the Crucible you get nothing.

Interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Picked it up at Best Buy earlier, comes with a sweet slip cover. Played about a half hour and I'm enjoying the combat much more then the first Darksiders. I've got Death slicing, kicking, and hammering enemies already, and the loot system seems interesting. Death is certainly more agile than War, and the story's already pretty intriguing.

Did you actually get your angel of death code in the box? All the copies they had looked like they were opened and re-shrinkwrapped. Mine did not have a code.

Odrion

Banned
I really like how different the game feels from Darksiders 1, and how it doesn't really invalidate Darksiders 1 as a game. Developers need to take note of that.

Sliver

So what is everyone running for mods/using outside programs for AA and etc? Never really tried those before and have no clue how to get started, for the latter.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, game does not run well for me.

Just like the first damn game, I see lots of weird drops and hitches while playing despite FRAPS always reporting 60 fps.

The game clearly struggles with display synchronization of some sort. They're doing something on the back end with this engine that just doesn't play nice with my machine. Of course, my PC today is 100% different from the PC I played DS1 on so it certainly isn't anything related to that build.

Facism

there's something wrong with 1440x900 with this game for me. The game is fuzzy, as is the steam overlay, which should be nice and clean for me at that resolution.

Hmm, game does not run well for me.

Just like the first damn game, I see lots of weird drops and hitches while playing despite FRAPS always reporting 60 fps.

The game clearly struggles with display synchronization of some sort. They're doing something on the back end with this engine that just doesn't play nice with my machine. Of course, my PC today is 100% different from the PC I played DS1 on so it certainly isn't anything related to that build.

Try some of the things here:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Darksiders_II

Top Bottom