• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Uthred

So have we figured out exactly how we get our Preorder DLC when it becomes available in about a month? Especially those of us that preordered thru GMG.

Presumably GMG sends us out a code for it at some point in the next thirty days? Perhaps drop them an email?

Adnor

Banned
I'll ask again, is there a chest or something like that to storage your items? I don't want to sell or kill the legendary drops.
Agh, so hyped, I curse you all, stop playing :(

sflufan

Banned
The guy who wrote this:

http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

Had to follow it up today with this:

Today is release day for Darksiders II. I got the PC retail version tonight and fired it up.

While the game is still truly awesome, I am disappointed that a lot of the glitches and bugs I noticed in the beta are still present, most notably texture problems. It’s especially jarring because for the most part the game looks amazingly beautiful, and then you see a low-res texture here and there and it just really sticks out, bad.

There is no graphic options at all other than “resolution”, which kind of boggles my mind since I was told point-blank that there would be more graphic options. I was also told that the graphics would be further tweakable via .ini file, but there’s nothing to be found.

The game is worth buying, for sure. There's a bajillion hours of content, deep and satisfying combat, beautiful graphics, a gratifying storyline, and enough variety for any kind of gamer… but the PC version is not what I had hyped it up to be. It doesn't feel quite like a console port, but the disappointments I've experienced are valid.

I realize that my glowing preview probably sold many people on the PC version. That is why I'm writing this follow-up. The preview was based on a mixture of the beta I was playing and the promises of the developers I spoke with. I'm holding out hope that patches will solve my admittedly minor complaints quickly. Please don't take this as a recommendation to not buy the PC version. I'm simply being forthcoming in telling you guys that the version I am playing now is essentially the same as the beta I played a few weeks ago.

The guy who wrote this:

http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

Had to follow it up today with this:

Today is release day for Darksiders II. I got the PC retail version tonight and fired it up.

While the game is still truly awesome, I am disappointed that a lot of the glitches and bugs I noticed in the beta are still present, most notably texture problems. It’s especially jarring because for the most part the game looks amazingly beautiful, and then you see a low-res texture here and there and it just really sticks out, bad.

There is no graphic options at all other than “resolution”, which kind of boggles my mind since I was told point-blank that there would be more graphic options. I was also told that the graphics would be further tweakable via .ini file, but there’s nothing to be found.

The game is worth buying, for sure. There's a bajillion hours of content, deep and satisfying combat, beautiful graphics, a gratifying storyline, and enough variety for any kind of gamer… but the PC version is not what I had hyped it up to be. It doesn't feel quite like a console port, but the disappointments I've experienced are valid.

I realize that my glowing preview probably sold many people on the PC version. That is why I'm writing this follow-up. The preview was based on a mixture of the beta I was playing and the promises of the developers I spoke with. I'm holding out hope that patches will solve my admittedly minor complaints quickly. Please don't take this as a recommendation to not buy the PC version. I'm simply being forthcoming in telling you guys that the version I am playing now is essentially the same as the beta I played a few weeks ago.

It sounds like the wrong files got uploaded to steam.

Uthred

Has Vigil apologized for the low character menu textures on Death, the broken in game Vsync or the stuttering in the PC version??

Unless I've missed it Vigil have said exactly zero about any of the various fuck ups. It would be nice to even get a "We're working on it".

Salaadin

Yeah, no dice. There are literally pockets where the game appears to render at 30 fps regardless. If I remove the limits my framerate jumps to like 200+ fps.

You using the in game Vsync? Ive seen Vsync drop a games FPS down to 30 if it had to in order to prevent tearing. Just Cause 2 was a big stickler for this.
If so, try turning that off and using d3doverrider.

suikoden352

Neo Member
so i got some possessed scythes in the lost temple area and i upgraded them to about level 8. i got to the challenge arena area where you have to fight the construct sentinels and their minions and at some point, my scythes disappered from my inventory. my character was still holding them and using them but it's like they don't exist and i don't know what happened to them. has anyone else had something like this happen to them so far??

vaelic

Banned

TentPole

Should I be worried if I pre-ordered a digital copy from amazon and have not received a cod for Argul's Tomb?

Also does everyone on Steam have off-center aiming when using the reticle.

Edit: Forget the first question. According to the official forum:

If you have Pre-order from Steam they will unlock Argul's Tomb for you when the content is available. You will not need to input a token or code.
Darksiders II Community Manager

-THQSledgehammer

-PXG-

Dear developers,

Please make your options screen available before you start a new game.

Regards,
Everyone with a PC

That annoyed me. Should come with a pre-game launcher to change settings, IMO. Hell, more settings would have been nice, but oh well...

Christ things are sounding bad.

As someone who absolutely hated the first game, this one is very good. Low character textures and jittery screen movement are the only issues on PC. Control panel, Inspector and even D3D Overrider only help a little. They don't fix it entirely, at least for me.

I'm forcing AA and my other graphic settings with Inspector and still easily locked at 60 fps. Then again, that's what two 560s can do :p

So in the first forest area I swear that there was
something invisible following me! Freaked me the hell out!!

Also, in the charred pass - what is
that glowing blue stone that I see near a treasure chest off to the side of the road. I tried to climb but I can't reach it.

Great music, btw.

bridegur

I just made it to the first dungeon. Game is pretty great so far -- it feels like it was made by people who actually enjoy playing games. My only complaint is that it's a bit weak technically, but otherwise, it's amazing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This codes thing has been a debacle(360).

Registered account. Re-registered after weird error messages. Changed password. Unlinked account from console. Re-established my account link on 360. One code finally succeeded, the other gave me a success splash screen with no code attached. After an hour of this mess, I am still not receiving my pre-order codes correctly.

What a clusterfuck. Who knows if my code for Argul's Tomb will even process correctly after these events when it releases in a month or so. I haven't even played the game yet! This nonsense sapped all my motivation to even touch the game.

malfcn

At this point..is the Season Pass content in jeopardy? No wonder THQ is in bad shape. They can't even release the game properly.

LogicStep

Let us know how it plays for you.

Alright, so I just played for a while. The game is fantastic, so fun, runs so smooth and the graphics and art style are amazing. I had no idea this had such deep rpg elements (I stayed away from info and videos about the game) so that was an awesome surprise.

Now for performance which is what most people are interested in. I played the game in 720p and it look great and had no screen tearing during the whole beginning of the game. After I got to the first area where you can actually have a look at the open world I started seeing tearing. The tearing only happened when I was looking in the direction of the open world. If I look at a small area in scope I do not see any tearing. I decided that was a good place to switch over to 1080p and see if there was any difference. The results are exactly the same so from what I see, there is no real difference between 720p and 1080p.

Now honestly, the tearing is barely noticeable, you have to be looking for it. I don't know why, but the tearing is different to me in this game. It seems to be more subtle so it isn't as noticeable as in other games. It doesn't bother me at all. Hope the helps.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I like DS2 - it's a fun hack'n'slash.

But, this launch? Disgraceful.

Two games launched last night. Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs is also a console port - one which treats PC gamers with respect, is actively engaged with the potential of the platform, and which doesn't insult the enthusiast market by simply omitting what are now standard features.

Darksiders II effectively has no graphics options, no FOV slider, and the code system is a fucking mess.

Not impressed. THQ will never get their shit together if they keep having launches like this.

What did I miss? Game isnt out yet but it is supposed to be? Was at work today and got this weird urge to buy it when I got home (pc) but it looks like I shouldn't?

Top Bottom