• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

gdt

What did I miss? Game isnt out yet but it is supposed to be? Was at work today and got this weird urge to buy it when I got home (pc) but it looks like I shouldn't?

It just doesn't have any options. Aside from that, great game, and really well optimized.

Yeah this game is fantastic, it's just annoying to see some great art design compromised by some bothersome technical issues which shouldn't exist.

Mairu

So since I ordered Darksiders 2 almost a year ago from the THQ online store, I did not get the Pre Order Season Pass DLC when I originally received the key yesterday. I sent in a support ticket, and then they emailed me a key for the Season Pass as well as stating "Your pre-order also automatically qualifies you to receive the Limited Edition of the game, which includes the Argul's Tomb 30-day DLC pack"

I redeemed the Season Pass key and then tried to redeem the Argul's Tomb DLC key... but Steam told me product was already redeemed. Did THQ just send me an extra copy of Darksiders 2? I don't have Argul's Tomb listed under my DLC unless it's the "Crucible Pass" DLC.

I'll ask again, is there a chest or something like that to storage your items? I don't want to sell or kill the legendary drops.
Agh, so hyped, I curse you all, stop playing :(

Sadly there isn't. You get some nice room to store your loot, but you will have to make the decision to sacrifice/sell it.

Khezu

I wonder how well the game is going to sell. I know its not exactly a great metric, but the game doesn't seem to be having much traffic on Gamefaqs.

How well is it doing on steam so far?

My review of the Darksiders 2 PC port:
-I didn't have to hex edit a config file to play at 1440p this time
-The cutscenes so far have been in-game instead of horribly compressed FMV of a game that looks like it was rendered on consoles

2 thumbs up

aparisi2274

Hey QQ to All...

has anyone figured out how to get Darksiders II to read your Darksiders save file? I thought it would have read it automatically when you selected a new save file, but nothing happened...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loving this so far, my only complaint is I don't no what I'm suppose to do with extra weapons. What are you all doing GAF? Sacrificing to Possessed weapons or selling them to NPCs? I'm level 8 and just finished the 2nd story dungeon, have 5 possessed weapons and 4 Legendary weapons, idk if its worth leveling these lvl 5 possessed stuff, seems like I've already outleveled them...

Hey QQ to All...

has anyone figured out how to get Darksiders II to read your Darksiders save file? I thought it would have read it automatically when you selected a new save file, but nothing happened...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm curious about this as well. I have no idea when/how to get any of the bonus content. Got an e-mail after registering for the Van der Schmash and the Mace - the VdS link gave me a code which I don't know what to do with and the Mace didn't even give me a code. Also, I have the pre-order/LE DLC weapons but they're not in my inventory, so I'm guessing those show up later?

Dahbomb

OK, sorry to not read 3300+ posts but did I hear something about combo videos?
They are coming soon. People are still getting the game. Or for some trying to tinker with it until it becomes playable.

Why don't you get the game and add some stuff on your own?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I was stuck on Thane for like an hour holy shit.

gunbo13

They are coming soon. People are still getting the game. Or for some trying to tinker with it until it becomes playable.

Why don't you get the game and add some stuff on your own?
Sorry, I wasn't asking for combo videos. ;)

I wanted to know if it is true that they are viable. If you've been following the game, I'm sure you can enlighten me to whether I can break it open.

Megasoum

Banned
The game really is super buggy...and I'm not even talking about the PC specific stuff. There's a TON of collision issues (invisible collisions on the floor or bad markup when you climb around).

For example, a SUPER obvious one is in the second dungeon
In the dungeon for the Tear of whatever. The room with the statue in the center and a ball on each side that you need to roll in the slot to open the gate. On the left side there's a little platform with a pressure plate on it. You need to climb the platform and step on the plate. There's only one way to get on top of the platform (only one side has a rail thinghy that you can grab) well every single time I tried to climb it I would get stuck in the collision between the wall and the floor.

This is fucking ridiculous. I've been working in QA for almost 5 years now. This kind of issues is really common in a game (I've even worked on games centered around traversal so I've ran into similar issues dozens of time) but those issues are found early and FIXED early. That's not a code issue, that's not a "bug" per se, it's a level design error that the level designer can fix in like 2 minutes. That's the kind of issue that you see 6months before the game comes out and they are all gone long before submission.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest lol... I'll go back to the game now lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, after getting depressed further about DmC, I decided to migrate for a bit and potentially check out Darksiders II. Is either version of the game better than the other?

Wait, there's only one save slot per file? That kind of worries me, had the bad luck of running into 3 different game breaking bugs (costing me about 20 hours of play time) in the first game. Dramatic shit like that tends to stay with you for a very long time.

Mupod

I was stuck on Thane for like an hour holy shit.

Normal or Apocalyptic? Need a quick answer.

I started on Apocalyptic...lost way too many times to Thane despite refusing to go level up, change gear or turn down the difficulty. Kept getting hit by that triple long ranged slash he does. Got him eventually though.

But yeah my tune changed rather rapidly after encountering that vine-shooting tree thing that was hitting me for 450. I gave up on Apocalyptic right there, although I guess it was way over my level based on the drop I received.

Anyways game looks great with 2xSGSSAA. Took too much of a performance hit at 4x and it didn't look any better, I'd rather have 80-90fps. Make sure you get the newest nvidia beta drivers if you want to use Inspector (305.53).

Dahbomb

Sorry, I wasn't asking for combo videos. ;)

I wanted to know if it is true that they are viable. If you've been following the game, I'm sure you can enlighten me to whether I can break it open.
Haven't put in more than 3 hours into the game so it's hard to tell how far you can push the engine. Game is pretty awesome though so I know I am going to be playing it for a while. Will be playing the Crucible (basically DS2's version of Bloody Palace) a ton.

So, after getting depressed further about DmC, I decided to migrate for a bit and potentially check out Darksiders II. Is either version of the game better than the other?
PC version has been a hit/miss for folks but it has the highest potential framerates compared to the consoles (people say 360 version is a bit better, don't know for sure). It's hard to tell, if you got a good rig then you can try PC otherwise console version.

-PXG-

darksiders22012-08-14nhsev.png

darksiders22012-08-14n5s1b.png

darksiders22012-08-14gssug.png

darksiders22012-08-14nssvo.png

darksiders22012-08-14hts05.png

darksiders22012-08-14stsql.png

darksiders22012-08-14e8sax.png

darksiders22012-08-14o2sdb.png

darksiders22012-08-14d8s9p.png

Are you guys just forcing different modes of AA through your drivers or are you using an injector? When I try to override the application settings for AA in the CCC the game doesn't load a bunch of textures. No problems on the Nvidia side?

Mupod

Are you guys just forcing different modes of AA through your drivers or are you using an injector? When I try to override the application settings for AA in the CCC the game doesn't load a bunch of textures. No problems on the Nvidia side?

Nvidia AA works just fine but as I said above you need the brand new drivers. Unless someone found some Inspector settings that work while i was playing just now.

-PXG-

I'm using 8x CSAA ( 0x00000026 ) in Inspector.

I've also used 0x00000027 too

Nvidia AA works just fine but as I said above you need the brand new drivers. Unless someone found some Inspector settings that work while i was playing just now.

This too.

He's refering to 305.53 beta drivers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
PC version has been a hit/miss for folks but it has the highest potential framerates compared to the consoles (people say 360 version is a bit better, don't know for sure). It's hard to tell, if you got a good rig then you can try PC otherwise console version.

Alright, I may pick up the 360 version. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Since it gets asked a lot, here is how you get your DS1 bonus items for achievements, mild spoilers (First 2 hours level spoilers):

in the first world you go to, there is a shaman maker on her own pavillion, opposite of the pavillion that the forge woman and her brother is on. She has a staff and a white hair with blindfold. One of the dialog options will be about war, select that and she will give you the items

Aeana

The game really is super buggy...and I'm not even talking about the PC specific stuff. There's a TON of collision issues (invisible collisions on the floor or bad markup when you climb around).

For example, a SUPER obvious one is in the second dungeon
In the dungeon for the Tear of whatever. The room with the statue in the center and a ball on each side that you need to roll in the slot to open the gate. On the left side there's a little platform with a pressure plate on it. You need to climb the platform and step on the plate. There's only one way to get on top of the platform (only one side has a rail thinghy that you can grab) well every single time I tried to climb it I would get stuck in the collision between the wall and the floor.

This is fucking ridiculous. I've been working in QA for almost 5 years now. This kind of issues is really common in a game (I've even worked on games centered around traversal so I've ran into similar issues dozens of time) but those issues are found early and FIXED early. That's not a code issue, that's not a "bug" per se, it's a level design error that the level designer can fix in like 2 minutes. That's the kind of issue that you see 6months before the game comes out and they are all gone long before submission.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest lol... I'll go back to the game now lol
Yeah, I ran into that one too. It didn't happen every time, but a good 90% I'd say.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't know much about steam, but is there any chance they could be rolling out a patch regionally or is that guy just full of it?

There's a good chance the guy is full of it but Steam has been known to take it's time for updates. It's not like they flip a switch and suddenly everybody has the patch. It can take a couple of hours before everybody has it.

Since it gets asked a lot, here is how you get your DS1 bonus items for achievements, mild spoilers (First 2 hours level spoilers):

in the first world you go to, there is a shaman maker on her own pavillion, opposite of the pavillion that the forge woman and her brother is on. She has a staff and a white hair with blindfold. One of the dialog options will be about war, select that and she will give you the items

Thanks for that.

Do you know how to retrieve any of the pre-order weapons/armor and the stuff from signing up for THQ/FaceBook thing?

vermadas

Finally at a point in my day where I can fire this up... but the more I read about the PC version the more evidence mounts that they released an old build of the game.

I think I'll hold off for now.

I was a dumbass and thought auto loot meant auto equip. Oops. Still in first dungeon and having a blast. Can't think of any game I've played this year that I've had more fun with.

sflufan

Banned
It appears that the Steam update is an actual re-download of the game itself. So, it looks like we'll be getting the REAL version of the game!

Top Bottom