• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

What's in the box is based on your level sooooooo....

original.0

DieH@rd

Banned
They're Vulgrim tokens, you can buy boxes of different rarities that contain loot for tokens and glit. For example, a purple box is 10000 gilt and 5 tokens while the orange boxes are 50000 and 20 tokens.

Will those boxes always give me loot that I can wear right now, or they can be of higher level?

edit - level based loot... meh

neoism

You can try copying your fxaa injector files to C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\Resources\DX9 if you have a custom one.

Oh yeah, it seems the vsync + triple buffering on radeonpro only stick if you launch darksiders 2 exe directly, if you launch the game from steam it won't load your radeonpro profile settings.

The exe path is steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2\Darksiders2.exe

Hope it helps.

I have
AA8x
Af16x
VSync
Tripbuff
on CCC and D3OD with tripbuff and vsync... look good and not getting any texture problems.... or stuttering or tearing.

JohngPR

Finally got to play...I got sucked in playing Sleeping Dogs last night.

:p

Really enjoying it so far. Just met up with Thane and met the others.

It's a bummer that I can't force AA through Catalyst...everything goes transparent. :(

Luckily I can downsample from 2560x1440 down to 1920x1080 to make up for it and I haven't dropped any frames because of it so there's that.

Looking forward to playing more later!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Will those boxes always give me loot that I can wear right now, or they can be of higher level?

edit - level based loot... meh

That's the reaction I had. Chest drops are level based as well. I dont know if zones have a level cap to them but if not...

KorrZ

Jesus first world optional dungeon:
The Scar is fucking beating me senseless, the difficulty just jumped up like massive compared to everywhere else on the first world so far. I'm at this fight where you have to fight 2 waves of 5-6 constructors (who all take massive damage to kill) and then a wave of 2 giant constructors comes out, oh and there's lava fountains as an environmental hazard that effect you but not the enemies. WTF is this.

DieH@rd

Banned
The Scar is fucking beating me senseless, the difficulty just jumped up like massive compared to everywhere else on the first world so far. I'm at this fight where you have to fight 2 waves of 5-6 constructors (who all take massive damage to kill) and then a wave of 2 giant constructors comes out, oh and there's lava fountains as an environmental hazard that effect you but not the enemies. WTF is this.

Same. At lvl11 that dungeon destroyed me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

LOL shit I forgot to go back there and check that place out once I got all my tools. I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING

Truant

Are you using the FXAA injector?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojk4bs
^
I'm using the same one that was put together for DS1 on pc here on GAF. The settings get rid of the washed out look and bring out the colors a bit more. Looks amazing ;)

How do I go about doing this? The readme is a bit confusing.There's a folder with the FXAA tool, and another one inside that called injFX_Shaders or something. What goes where?

Also, what settings should I use?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How do I go about doing this? The readme is a bit confusing.There's a folder with the FXAA tool, and another one inside that called injFX_Shaders or something. What goes where?

Also, what settings should I use?

Don't alter the settings at all it's preset already.

Just drop all the files into your darksiders 2 directory and you are set.

You can enable and disable it in game by pressing the pause button on your keyboard

I ran into that problem as well. I just gave up and moved on with the story. I plan to go back when I finish my current dungeon.

It's odd, one minute I was level 4 working my way to 5, and then next thing I realize I'm level 6. The only thing I did between then was
beat Thane
. Was that worth two levels?

Gambit61

WTF, I just stopped playing 20 minutes ago because of that same section. I'm only at level 12 and had zero health potion so I kept getting destroyed by the last 2 enemies. Might have to come back another time.

Truant

Don't alter the settings at all it's preset already.

Just drop all the files into your darksiders 2 directory and you are set.

You can enable and disable it in game by pressing the pause button on your keyboard

Thanks! Works great. But damn, the game looks bland without this stuff. So washed out and boring.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok time to explain all the melee weapons now :p

Arm Blades: Ground charge attack = Projectile, Air charge attack = 360 blade explosion around you

Claws: Ground charge attack = Super fast dash into auto combo, Air charge attack = A diagonal charge attack downwards, like the meteor strike War uses.

Guantlets: Ground charge attack = A downwards strike followed by an uppercut, Air charge attack = a charge version of the meteor attack you train for

Bucklers: Ground charge = a counter, Air charge attack = an explosion of force knocking foes away.

Thanks! Works great. But damn, the game looks bland without this stuff. So washed out and boring.
Haha I know, at first I thought it looked great. Then after I started using it man.... I can never go back. It really really brings out the art design and color choices. Playing through DS1 with it was a treat. This one thing alone makes the console versions meh to me.

KorrZ

WTF, I just stopped playing 20 minutes ago because of that same section. I'm only at level 12 and had zero health potion so I kept getting destroyed by the last 2 enemies. Might have to come back another time.

I ran into that problem as well. I just gave up and moved on with the story. I play to go back when I finish my current dungeon.

Same. At lvl11 that dungeon destroyed me.

Managed to beat that section and clear the dungeon at level 12 but I had to warp out and buy health potions, took me all 5 just for that section. I only had 1 for it before and it wasn't cutting it. Found a scythe with +inferno damage from the boss, inferno seems to do massive damage. Scythe itself only has 120 dmg but +15 inferno and it makes my primary weapon dmg shoot up to 250.

Khezu

Nice to see other people loving Darksiders art.

With DS1 it was just like me and two other people, and everyone else shitting on its artstyle.

I will admit Mad's art isn't for everyone, but god do I love it.

RPGCrazied

I hope there isn't a black throne in this game. :p I hated that place so much in 1. I had to youtube most of those puzzles.

"The beams.... redirect the beams..."

With DS1 it was just like me and two other people, and everyone else shitting on its artstyle.

Same here. Its colorful and filled to the brim with a lot of nice details.

Is anybody hacking an issue on the 360 with starting the game up? It asks me to select my hard drive, contacts the THQ server, asks me to sign in and then hangs.

Skilletor

I love Joe Mad. I love Darksiders art.

I hate Joe Mad. He didn't finish Battlechasers.

I'm so conflicted. :(

Kwanzaa Tim

Neo Member
Is anybody hacking an issue on the 360 with starting the game up? It asks me to select my hard drive, contacts the THQ server, asks me to sign in and then hangs.

Actually yeah, I am too, in a manner of speaking. Signed in to Live-- it prompts you to create a THQ account, which I did. It brings you to a Terms of Service agreement page that you can't scroll through. None of the sticks, d-pad, face buttons or triggers will work to scroll through and agree to it. I submitted a help ticket through their support site, but the 818 support number they have in the case just rings to a fast busy. For me at least, as it stands now, I can't log in to the game. (You can't not sign up either... the option to opt out doesn't work now either).

Hope its a glitch on their end and gets fixed quick... and doesn't require that I kill my saves or anything. Haven't heard anything about the ticket I entered, about 30 minutes ago. Bummer.

RPGCrazied

Can you change difficulty in game, I want to start on apocalyptic.

I'm sure its just like Darksiders 1.

Easy
Normal
Apocalyptic

And when you beat it, Nightmare gets unlocked. New to II. Don't think I'm going to mess with that. Your save gets deleted if you die.

Top Bottom