• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Dahbomb

My only real concern with the game is that it takes like 3 seconds to load a menu. Could be my PC but this certainly breaks the flow of the game especially since you have to access a menu so many times.

Also I did not get the jaggy Death in the menus.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My only real concern with the game is that it takes like 3 seconds to load a menu. Could be my PC but this certainly breaks the flow of the game especially since you have to access a menu so many times.

Also I did not get the jaggy Death in the menus.

It doesn't take anytime for me to load the menu and I use the PC version. So I think it might be you.

rybrad

I never saw the dialog option.
Both my games are the same region
Did you go through all of the dialog options? I remember it being something that didn't sound like I was going to get gear at all and then she mentioned War and gave it to me. I would just try clicking through all of them again.

I found it funny how much shit you had to go through to get to the start of the game, some special pass for game guides and videos, a THQ account screen, and an online pass screen, jesus.

Anyway I'm not to far in but liking it, the combat is fun, I'm glad I went with apocalyptic, I'm barely getting touched.

Dahbomb

Anyone know the tier of the gear color?

I sold a green item because it had crap items only to remember that green items are usually set items. I hope I didn't bone myself.

benjobong

Neo Member
Anyone know how well it plays on 360 without the optional install? I'd rather get it for 360 than ps3 but won't be able to install it due to tiny hard drive...

I wonder whats going on with the console versions? My buddy has the PS3 version and got a similar message. I'm still having the issue of not being able to even boot up into the main menu if I'm connected to LIVE. Their support phone number just rings busy, so I imagine there is something amiss.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the way the game connects with your THQ account and verifies your dlc or something. I guess it timed out trying to connect to THQ and just assumed I didn't have the dlc anymore instead of looking at my HDD.

Also: is it just me, or is it full retard that you can't use the d-pad in any of the menus?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Playing on hard and I'm getting fucking destroyed. I wish I could cancel out of any attack instantly into an evade.

Not sure if I'm not getting the drops I need but I can't seem to kill shit, enemies are just hanging around for too long.

RPGCrazied

If you play Normal first time, will you see any orange at all? I'm guessing those only drop on major bosses or maybe even just the final boss.

Dahbomb

Playing on hard and I'm getting fucking destroyed. I wish I could cancel out of any attack instantly into an evade.
You can but it has to be on the particular frames of an attack. You can't just throw out attacks with impunity it has to be more deliberate than that.

Try a heavy weapon out, farm in the open areas and try to buy better gear from the shop. Kill everything that moves, explore more areas and smash all objects.

KevinCow

Banned
I have a few questions:

1) What is Arcane?

2) What is Thorn?

3) What are these green doodads I keep collecting? They're like floating green diamonds with a skull in them. They always appear next to my money on my HUD when I'm in shops. I thought they were things I could sell like in the first game, but I can't figure out how.

Peterthumpa

Great, now the game refuses to launch for me. Just a maximized blank screen with the executable name as a title and "not responding" following.

Already tried to check the cache integrity, restarting the PC, setting a fixed resolution in the game launch options inside Steam, removed my saves, started Steam in offline mode, started the game exe with admin rights... nothing.

Gonna try redownloading the whole thing again.

Holiday breaking for me.

Syriel

If you play Normal first time, will you see any orange at all? I'm guessing those only drop on major bosses or maybe even just the final boss.

Got multiple possessed (orange) scythes as well as two different possessed secondary weapons on first playthru.

Possessed weapons can be extremely powerful if you feed them correctly, however they are self limiting by the fact that they can only be upgraded five "levels" of their own. After that, their stats are fixed just like any other weapon.

That said, the Level 15 posessed scythes I found, I kept from char lvl 15 - clvl 21 which is when I finished my first run thru normal.

Got my first possessed weapons in one of the main quest dungeons in the Forge Lands pretty early one. It was loot from a regular chest.

Raxum

I've found a fair few possessed weapons on Normal, actually thinking of upping my difficulty though, or maybe playing apocalyptic on NG+. Anyway, back on topic, I've gotten about 6-7 possessed weapons so far and I'm level 16.

DieH@rd

Banned
I have a few questions:

1) What is Arcane?

2) What is Thorn?

3) What are these green doodads I keep collecting? They're like floating green diamonds with a skull in them. They always appear next to my money on my HUD when I'm in shops. I thought they were things I could sell like in the first game, but I can't figure out how.

1. Basic ability stat that determines how powerful your magicks are.

2. Modifier that determines how much damage enemies will receive when they hit you.

3. They are bargaining chips for some Vulgrim items [chests with random magic items].

ironcreed

Banned
Glad you guys are enjoying the game. That's really awesome. ... Yup...

We can always start a Digital River victim support group.

Support-group-hug-e1313005151701.jpg

But at least most of us are supposed to get the game tomorrow as a free copy, and then the original we ordered as well thereafter. I guess we will see.

Khezu

How many possessed weapons have you guys got so far? Jeff in his review said he got like 3 through out the whole game, and I have been playing like 3 hours so far and all ready got 3.

KevinCow

Banned
1. Basic ability stat that determines how powerful your magicks are.

2. Modifier that determines how much damage enemies will receive when they hit you.

3. They are bargaining chips for some Vulgrim items [chests with random magic items].

Thanks.

How about Strength? I thought it would figure into my attack power, but that doesn't seem to go up when I equip something with a good Strength stat.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
3rd world arrived, no sidequests done yet and 11 hours played.

love this game.

Nirran

So I'm stumped here.
I'm in the Scar and I got to the part where you fight the two waves of contructs and the two giants. I couldn't do it at level 11 so I left. I've come back since gaining five levels and the guy you ride over the lava with is still over by the gate. What can I do to get over there since there is lava blocking the way? Pretty much screwed out of doing this quest?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
How many possessed weapons have you guys got so far? Jeff in his review said he got like 3 through out the whole game, and I have been playing like 3 hours so far and all ready got 3.

I just made it to the
construct hulk
and I have found 0.

Duffyside

Banned
We can always start a Digital River victim support group.

Support-group-hug-e1313005151701.jpg

But at least most of us are supposed to get the game tomorrow as a free copy, and then the original we ordered as well thereafter. I guess we will see.

Whoa, is that free copy confirmed? Cuz that's almost worth it, even though I don't like to resell games...

Megasoum

Banned
So guys, what's up with the Argul's Tomb code for the GMG orders? I know the content is not available right now but the game keeps telling me to go to http://community.darksiders.com/tomb To redeam my "Special edition" code found in my box (sic) and that they will send me the proper DLC token as soon as it's available... But on the GMG site the only code availalable is the one for the game proper and it doesn't work on that THQ page.

Necrovex

This is a little sad, but the PC version of Darksiders 2 must have more video options than what is actually present in the video section of the menu. Anyway I can alter the appearance, or does the game only have V-sync and a resolution option?

Did I hear the fellow right when he said there's no going back after going to the
Foundry?

Can't fast travel out?

Am I an idiot? How am I supposed to use my specials with LB when I'm holding LT to lock on an enemy?

Middle finger on trigger, pointer on LB?

Or at least on PS3, I can hit L1 with the middle part of my pointer finger while the tip is holding down L2.

MrDaravon

Am I an idiot? How am I supposed to use my specials with LB when I'm holding LT to lock on an enemy?

Yeah, I'm incapable of using my middle fingers to hit the triggers, which means I've just been completely ignoring the LB attacks, which kind of sucks.

Necrovex

Wait a minute, where's the gamepad support? Don't tell me that isn't included in the PC version either. I can't find it in the option, and it isn't automatically recognize a plugged-in gamepad.

Top Bottom