• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dat FXAA hardcore blur ;/

I really wouldn't call it blur moreso color enhancement :p

ve0Ot.jpg
1ZQGe.jpg

Ehhh, I didn't like the screenshots I saw. The colors looked way too saturated.

?

Zeth

Just finished the foundry. What an incredible dungeon. Really impressive design and super fun to play. I love this game. And I don't think I'm half way through the main quest.

I really wouldn't call it blur moreso color enhancement :p

?

Just personal preference really. Those last 2 comparison shots, I would actually take the one on the left. While the other has more saturated colors, its also looks like the brightness or gamma is cranked down. I also have a really good 120hz monitor, so my colors are plenty vibrant.

To each his own.

Ok time to explain all the melee weapons now :p

Arm Blades: Ground charge attack = Projectile, Air charge attack = 360 blade explosion around you

Claws: Ground charge attack = Super fast dash into auto combo, Air charge attack = A diagonal charge attack downwards, like the meteor strike War uses.

Guantlets: Ground charge attack = A downwards strike followed by an uppercut, Air charge attack = a charge version of the meteor attack you train for

Bucklers: Ground charge = a counter, Air charge attack = an explosion of force knocking foes away.

This is awesome. The game has a pretty deep combat system but does a horrible job of explaining it to you. I still dont think I am close to really understanding it. Also the camera is an issue, you lock on to an enemy and the camera swings around making dodging in a certain direction sometimes a guessing game as what you thought was your left a second ago is now your back.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just personal preference really. Those last 2 comparison shots, I would actually take the one on the left. While the other has more saturated colors, its also looks like the brightness or gamma is cranked down. I also have a really good 120hz monitor, so my colors are plenty vibrant.

To each his own.

Just slap the thing in and test it yourself... x.x/ Everyone is giving positive replies about it. It looks better in motion if anything.

As for my brightness. I'm playing with the recommended brightness levels of the game.

Just got home, loaded up the game (PS3), went to load my game. "This game save uses previously downloaded content and cannot be loaded."

What. The. Fuck.

Quit and went back in which LUCKILY fixed it, but still. I can't imagine how much rage would flow through my veins if it HADN'T worked and I was further in the game.

Khezu

Does anyone else have trouble with the controls? I am terrible at holding LT and using face button skills, since you have to hold LT+LB, my hands just don't work that way.

I don't remember it being much of a problem in DS1.

Kwanzaa Tim

Neo Member
Just got home, loaded up the game (PS3), went to load my game. "This game save uses previously downloaded content and cannot be loaded."

What. The. Fuck.

Quit and went back in which LUCKILY fixed it, but still. I can't imagine how much rage would flow through my veins if it HADN'T worked and I was further in the game.

I wonder whats going on with the console versions? My buddy has the PS3 version and got a similar message. I'm still having the issue of not being able to even boot up into the main menu if I'm connected to LIVE. Their support phone number just rings busy, so I imagine there is something amiss.

forrest

formerly nacire
∀ Narayan;41069268 said:
This game is so fucking good. You cannot deny.

Is anyone getting a visual glitch where the sun shines through walls and stuff? Any way to fix it?

Probably has to do with your AA settings. Follow some of the others in this thread based on your card ATI/Nvidia

Ok GAF...need your help FAST. I'm at Target and am torn in between Darksiders 2 (360 or PS3) or Mass Effect 3. Help! Thoughts?? Need to move quick here.

I've tried to keep up with this thread some, but I may have missed it; is anyone else's PC w/ xbox controller setup unable to toggle between the level map and overworld map? With k/m, I can toggle fine (and thus fast travel), but with the controller, nothing happens when I hit A in the map menu. Is there a well known fix for this? Google's let me down, thus far.

gdt

Ok GAF...need your help FAST. I'm at Target and am torn in between Darksiders 2 (360 or PS3) or Mass Effect 3. Help! Thoughts?? Need to move quick here.

You can get ME3 for cheaper at this point. If you want something new, get Darksiders II, then ME3 when its on sale.

Blu10

You're in the darksiders topic, so you are going to get darksiders as an answer, but seriously darksiders.

Lothars

If they are the same price Darksiders 2 if Mass Effect 3 is cheaper than go ME3 because if not you will be able to find it cheaper than 60 bucks.

Both are great games and worth playing.

Triz

how the hell does
soul splitter
work. I can get it to activate but how do I cancel it so I can actually open doors lol.

gdt

I've tried to keep up with this thread some, but I may have missed it; is anyone else's PC w/ xbox controller setup unable to toggle between the level map and overworld map? With k/m, I can toggle fine (and thus fast travel), but with the controller, nothing happens when I hit A in the map menu. Is there a well known fix for this? Google's let me down, thus far.

Click the left stick.

Top screen just seems a bit darker to me... :/

This is why I ignore 80% of the whining in PC gaming threads. Basically they just complain about stuff you only notice if you pause and stare at the screen. Once you get into the game it makes no difference at all whether it is 8x or 4x Antiscopic filtering or whatever. That stuff only impresses in close scrutinizing screenshots and even then it is hard to tell the difference.

Game looks awesome on my system outside of the V-sync issues which hopefully are fixed soon. Those are significant enough to be a bother.

IHaveIce

Banned

lol what a question, of course Darksiders 2.

Some got through it? Pls link me to the Spoiler thread, I have some questions

Does anyone else have trouble with the controls? I am terrible at holding LT and using face button skills, since you have to hold LT+LB, my hands just don't work that way.

I don't remember it being much of a problem in DS1.
Ill admit I don't like letting go of the left trigger to access my spells, but Ive just adjusted to this by moving away from the crowd do a spell or move then go right back into the combat.

Top Bottom