• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Don't know if this should go in this thread, but for those of you who ordered PS3/360 versions direct from THQ (like me) and have not received your copy yet, you can better track the shipment using these instructions I found on the THQ Community Forums:

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29317435/Digital_River_Victims_-_Get_UPS_Tracking_!!!?pg=1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found this out on the UPS website. If you are one of the many, many people screwed over by Digital River and their atrocious shipping fiasco, there is a way to get your new UPS tracking number even if DR are too incompetent to get it for you!

You will need your THQ order number for this to work!

1) Go to: www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en...

2) Paste your THQ order number into the "Shipment Reference:" field (your order number should look something like 10470XXXXXX)

3) Click "Track"

4) Weep tears of joy (even though mine wont be arriving until Thursday)

Hopefully this can put some of you at rest that your package isnt sitting in the back of a USPS truck lost forever!

JambiBum

Alright, when fighting
Gorewood, how in the hell do you avoid the homing ground.... weeds that he sends after you? I can avoid them until my third dodge, when Death has to pause for a moment before he can dodge again.

What I would do is just space out my dodges and make sure that I ran at an angle toward him. If you don't dodge instantly back to back it won't go into the third dodge animation.

Part of me is still really umming and ahhing over this. Is it really that much better than the first? I can't really afford to buy games Day 1 anymore but all the stuff I've heard (loot, hardcoremode, dungeons, combat, music) are intriguing me. Sounds almost like this year's Arkham City. I could get it on release day next week or wait a while and borrow it from a frind/get it on the cheap. Argh,decisions.

Sorry to self quote, but I'd love some more gameplay impressions. I'm very tempted as I would like a birthday present to myself but because I buy so few games I'd like to be positive of it's quality. Am I going to be playing it lots, or is worth just borrowing?

ironcreed

Banned
Don't know if this should go in this thread, but for those of you who ordered PS3/360 versions direct from THQ (like me) and have not received your copy yet, you can better track the shipment using these instructions I found on the THQ Community Forums:

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29317435/Digital_River_Victims_-_Get_UPS_Tracking_!!!?pg=1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found this out on the UPS website. If you are one of the many, many people screwed over by Digital River and their atrocious shipping fiasco, there is a way to get your new UPS tracking number even if DR are too incompetent to get it for you!

You will need your THQ order number for this to work!

1) Go to: www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en...

2) Paste your THQ order number into the "Shipment Reference:" field (your order number should look something like 10470XXXXXX)

3) Click "Track"

4) Weep tears of joy (even though mine wont be arriving until Thursday)

Hopefully this can put some of you at rest that your package isnt sitting in the back of a USPS truck lost forever!

Well I'll be damned. I have had USPS tracking that even went so far as to say it was out for delivery yesterday, although it never arrived. I put my order number in as per your instructions and what do you know, it is on the way and will be here tomorrow by the end of the day. Glad to see that, but still, what bullshit. Digital River did great getting Dragon's Dogma to me 3 days early through the Capcom store, but I am never ordering from them again after this. Thanks for the info.

-PXG-

Darksiders 2 actually has it's own profile with NVidia's Beta drivers 305.53. The AA code is 0x00001241 I believe. Then you're able to force SGSSAA. I've noticed one issue with it though. In the menu screen where you can equip items and such, Death does not show up at all. Disabling it and Death then shows up in the menu screen. Very strange issue.

Yeah, I have the new drivers. I've located the profile too. I use that code for Antialiasing Settings right? When, I click on it, I get a long list of options. I've never noticed SGSSAA though. I'll try manually typing the code in.

thanks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb try out the melee weapons when you get a chance too. Claw charge attack in air = DS1 meteor strike, Ground attack charge with claw = ninja gaiden charge attack combo.

I found the best heavy weapon to be glaves. The charge attaack for them is a long ass reaching thrust attack pretty much stinger.

Dahbomb

Sorry to self quote, but I'd love some more gameplay impressions. I'm very tempted as I would like a birthday present to myself but because I buy so few games I'd like to be positive of it's quality. Am I going to be playing it lots, or is worth just borrowing?
If you can't afford it then you can't afford but this game has solid single player content so if you are borrowing it make sure its for an extended time. Game is significantly better than the original in terms of speed, length/size, combat and rpg/customizations. Honestly if you liked the first one then you are wasting your time here by not playing it.

Q I am using Gauntlets right now because that's my best weapon right now. They are solid and dish out good damage for their speed. They also come with a counter.

only 5 hours so far, and honestly, the pacing is a bit too slow imo, not really the game's fault, but more of my playstyle. because of the big map, and lots of hidden stuff to find, 5 hours in and I'm only in my 2nd dungeon (not counting tutorial) because I kept exploring, finding hidden entrance etc and find optional boss etc ( and got destroyed), the story barely moved at all in that 5 hour playtime. I think I may have to force myself a bit to keep focus on the main mission so I didn not get distracted exploring the world.

the game is great fun, world design is amazing, the hidden path is often time unexpected and satisfying to find.

Download the newest beta of radeonpro, it has built in fxaa injector and vsync+triple buffering. All 3 works fine for me.

There doesn't seem to be a big change in the colour using Radeon Pro though (certainly not as much as I noticed using the other FXAA injector anyways), and yet even Radeon Pro doesn't seem to want to force V-sync when I have the other FXAA injector in the Darksiders root folder. Any advice?

Its difficult for me to tell what dlc I have installed or not. I installed a few packs prior to getting the game, including the season pass. Then I added a few more after getting it. So far all I've noticed is the mortis item from preordering the book, and the 4 shadow of death items. All 5 were given to me at the first tome by vulgrim.

I can't tell if deadly despair is activated for my horse or not, and I'm worried that my season pass won't work when its official dlc time. My 2 items for signing up for a THQ account haven't shown up yet and the link for the mini prima guide from amazon doesn't work. At least I got the soundtrack but they thought it would be cool not to tag any of the MP3s.

Game wise, I love it, but its notably harder than ds1 and sometimes death decides not to run along walls regardless of my angle of attack. Music is amazing, and graphics are great too except for the tearing. No game breakers yet.

Uthred

So what should we be turning on in Nvidia Inspector? Forced v-sync, triple buffering on, forced framerate to 60fps? What anti-aliasing settings would one recommend?

Somewhat enjoying the game so far, but they really just copy/pasted the graphic options from the last game. I mean seriously, V-sync and resolution only? And why is the latter applied with a bar? Has this got something to do with that disgruntled ex-Vigil dev? As for V-sync, it still tears horrendously even with it on just like the last game.

Alright, when fighting
Gorewood, how in the hell do you avoid the homing ground.... weeds that he sends after you? I can avoid them until my third dodge, when Death has to pause for a moment before he can dodge again.

Dont dodge 3 times just do it twice and move a little then you can dodge again. If you want to reset him dodge then go right up to him which forces him out of it.

neoism

Download the newest beta of radeonpro, it has built in fxaa injector and vsync+triple buffering. All 3 works fine for me.

:/ i tried this and got a black screen i tried the fxaa injector and it looks great when you get it tweaked right, but I have tearing like a motherfucka.. :/
useing D3OD and Af16 on my card. best I can do and I still see a little tearing... :(

Torn on whether or not to finish Darksiders 1 before moving into 2 (only a couple hours into 1, got it on a Steam sale a year or two ago; caved and bought 2 when I heard about the season pass deal from the THQ site). I'm enjoying 1, but I have very little time for games lately and I'm wondering if I should just skip to 2 so I actually get to play it before winter, lol.

If you can't afford it then you can't afford but this game has solid single player content so if you are borrowing it make sure its for an extended time. Game is significantly better than the original in terms of speed, length/size, combat and rpg/customizations. Honestly if you liked the first one then you are wasting your time here by not playing it.

Q I am using Gauntlets right now because that's my best weapon right now. They are solid and dish out good damage for their speed. They also come with a counter.

I can afford it, it was my birthday yesterday so I got a little money and I'd like to buy a game. It's either this or Borderlands 2 I think. It does sound really good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can afford it, it was my birthday yesterday so I got a little money and I'd like to buy a game. It's either this or Borderlands 2 I think. It does sound really good.

Honestly if you got friends to play with and time to do so I'd say borderlands over this. Otherwise go straight for this game no hesitation :p

Oh yeah I wanted to try out the gauntlets but by the time I got them they were kinda redundant.

I'd have to say Hammers are the worst weapon in the game though.

TGMIII

Alright, when fighting

Target and move in a small circle rotation. If you cut the corners right it will never touch you.

Einbroch

Banned
Alright, when fighting

You only have to dodge once. Just stand right up in his grill, when he launches it, dodge. I think if you dodge right as he releases it the game doesn't know you "exist" since you're in an invulnerability frame, and it just keeps going straight. Cheesy? Hell yeah. But whatever, it works.

Honestly if you got friends to play with and time to do so I'd say borderlands over this. Otherwise go straight for this game no hesitation :p

No friends to play with, I used to play Borderlands with my ex. This is probably my best bet. I just don't want to see a GOTY edition in a few months with all the extra shizzle. I'll be a sad panda.

scitek

Somewhat enjoying the game so far, but they really just copy/pasted the graphic options from the last game. I mean seriously, V-sync and resolution only? And why is the latter applied with a bar? Has this got something to do with that disgruntled ex-Vigil dev? As for V-sync, it still tears horrendously even with it on just like the last game.

Just for future reference. If there's ever any tearing when you have vsync selected, that means it isn't working. Use an outside program to force it instead.

Skilletor

I had the same PC frame stutter everyone is mentioning. Forcing Vsync in the control panel doesn't help, but Forcing it on the control panel AND using D3DOverride does fix my problem. Without setting both of these on (vsync and triple buffer on both devices) the stuttering exists. For those with the problem, try enabling it in both programs (and obviously disabling it in game).

Playing at a silky smooth 60, no stutters.

This worked perfectly! Jacked my AA up, no tearing, silky smooth 60fps.

Time to enjoy this beautiful game. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
What do I doo with those collectibles that are shown right where the money is? I have 37 of them...\

edit - after reseach, they are called Boatman Coins and they can be traded for Vulgrim's random loot boxes.

Gav47

What do I doo with those collectibles that are shown right where the money is? I have 37 of them...

They're Vulgrim tokens, you can buy boxes of different rarities that contain loot for tokens and glit. For example, a purple box is 10000 gilt and 5 tokens while the orange boxes are 50000 and 20 tokens.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What do I doo with those collectibles that are shown right where the money is? I have 37 of them...\

edit - after reseach, they are called Boatman Coins and they can be traded for Vulgrim's random loot boxes.

What's in the box is based on your level sooooooo....

didamangi

There doesn't seem to be a big change in the colour using Radeon Pro though (certainly not as much as I noticed using the other FXAA injector anyways), and yet even Radeon Pro doesn't seem to want to force V-sync when I have the other FXAA injector in the Darksiders root folder. Any advice?

:/ i tried this and got a black screen i tried the fxaa injector and it looks great when you get it tweaked right, but I have tearing like a motherfucka.. :/
useing D3OD and Af16 on my card. best I can do and I still see a little tearing... :(

You can try copying your fxaa injector files to C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\Resources\DX9 if you have a custom one.

Oh yeah, it seems the vsync + triple buffering on radeonpro only stick if you launch darksiders 2 exe directly, if you launch the game from steam it won't load your radeonpro profile settings.

The exe path is steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2\Darksiders2.exe

Hope it helps.

Carm

So my PC CE finally came today. I got everything installed, but I'm a bit confused with some DLC. The Van Der Schmash and the Mace Maximus DLCs. I was under the impression I just had to link the game to my account. Nothing happened though, I don't really need to use that mobile app do I? I don't have a phone that can use apps.

Also, apparently I was suppose to get the PC preorder DLC weapons and there aren't listed in my DLC.

DARK TALONS WEAPON
SKELETAL AXE OF RENDING

Going by this post here it looks like I'll have to deal with customer support. Did anyone that purchased a retail PC preorder get these two weapons?

Top Bottom