• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Skilletor

I had the same PC frame stutter everyone is mentioning. Forcing Vsync in the control panel doesn't help, but Forcing it on the control panel AND using D3DOverride does fix my problem. Without setting both of these on (vsync and triple buffer on both devices) the stuttering exists. For those with the problem, try enabling it in both programs (and obviously disabling it in game).

Playing at a silky smooth 60, no stutters.

I'll try this when I get home. Thanks.

Badgerst3

Alright- I'm dumb.

How do I activate Teleport slash or map it to the d pad?

Can't find its description under moves. I have mapped summon ghouls to L1 and x.

Thx.

-PXG-

i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz (overclocked)
2 x GTX 560s (SLI)
16 gb RAM
305.xx leaked beta drivers

1080p, vsync enabled, with 8 x CSAA (easily) locked at 60 fps (never drops...EVER). Tell me how to push it more while still locking at 60 fps

A screenshot of someone's control panel and inspector conflicts would be nice.

Mupod

i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz (overclocked)
2 x GTX 560s (SLI)
16 gb RAM
305.xx leaked beta drivers

1080p, vsync enabled, with 8 x CSAA (easily) locked at 60 fps (never drops...EVER). Tell me how to push it more while still locking at 60 fps

Sparse grid supersampling, force it through nvidia inspector. I use 2xMSAA, 2xSGSSAA with a -.500 LOD bias to offset the blurring.

Dascu

Alright- I'm dumb.

How do I activate Teleport slash or map it to the d pad?

Can't find its description under moves. I have mapped summon ghouls to L1 and x.

Thx.

Press down on the D-pad, move the cursor over that move and then assign it to L1 and whatever face button you prefer.

-PXG-

Are there newer nvidia drivers than what is available through the nvidia system update prompt?

There are links a few pages back. I'd repost, but it's a pain to find them on mobile GAF.

Sparse grid supersampling, force it through nvidia inspector. I use 2xMSAA, 2xSGSSAA with a -.500 LOD bias to offset the blurring.

Do you know the numerical code for SGSSAA? I don't think I've ever seen it. I've always wondered how you guys have forced it in inspector.

If you could send me a screen of your settings, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mupod

Do you know the numerical code for SGSSAA? I don't think I've ever seen it. I've always wondered how you guys have forced it in inspector.

I'm at work right now but the 305.53 beta drivers have a profile. I think the compatibility bit was 1241...?

-PXG- said:

Darksiders 2 actually has it's own profile with NVidia's Beta drivers 305.53. The AA code is 0x00001241 I believe. Then you're able to force SGSSAA. I've noticed one issue with it though. In the menu screen where you can equip items and such, Death does not show up at all. Disabling it and Death then shows up in the menu screen. Very strange issue.

Mupod

Darksiders 2 actually has it's own profile with NVidia's Beta drivers 305.53. The AA code is 0x00001241 I believe. Then you're able to force SGSSAA. I've noticed one issue with it though. In the menu screen where you can equip items and such, Death does not show up at all. Disabling it and Death then shows up in the menu screen. Very strange issue.

Haha, I never would have noticed that. Odd but no big deal unless other issues are found.

Skilletor

I'm a super noob at PC stuff. I'll be able to find the drivers, but how do you find profiles and put in these numbers when I do?

I'm a super noob at PC stuff. I'll be able to find the drivers, but how do you find profiles and put in these numbers when I do?

Just download and use Nvidia Inspector. Once you run it, you should see a drop-down list of profiles that you can change graphic settings for. The profile you're looking for in this case would be Darksiders 2 which should be there as long as you have the 305.53 Beta drivers. Once selected, you'll be able to force various forms of anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, vsync, and other stuff as well.

Khatoz

Where is the skeleton key for the Weeping Craig?

To the right side of the locked door, there is a wall path you can use to run, just follow it and jump on the different beams and ledges, this will bring you to the a new room where you must fight a Skelly beast. I think the key is around there after defeating the beast or in a room around that area that opens up after defeating it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
XPSYY.jpg

Took a screen with my current settings. Looks amazing. FXAA Injector <3

Syriel

Okay guys. I've been doing some research about Darksiders II. I really want this game, but I don't want the myriad of glitches it seems to come with. Forum talk has revealed a lot of horrible things to me, including falling through the floors, screen tearing, no textures, slowdown, freezes, and some gamebreaking happenings.

The last thing would kill me. I can't stand having to go all the way back and redo something just because the game wasn't properly tested.

I'm okay with a few problems, but if they are up to the extent described above I'm gonna have a heart attack.

Edit:On the PS3 versions. So, something that won't get fan-patched.

I played through the entire game on Xbox 360. There was some minor screen tearing and ocassional frame rate drops, but nothing major that impacted the gameplay. Never had an issue knowing where I was or what I was doing (save for the few times when I got over eager and would hit the jump button too early on a wall run).

I did hit one bug that required a quit and reset, but was unable to duplicate. And it was the kind of thing that I've seen in games all the way back to the 8-bit NES. During one boss fight I was in Reaper form and tried to switch back just as I happened to get hit by a massive blast which devestated my health. Net result was that the game had me stuck in Reaper form with navigation that appeared to be based around the standard Death model. I was unable to die and unable to use the quick inventory (tho accessing through the menu still worked).

Given that I should have died anyway, I wasn't too worried. Bugs like this happen when there's an odd race condition in the code and the player death fails to register. You can actually make something similar happen on the original SMB if you are small and hit a power up and an enemy at the same time. The game registers both, but not in the correct order.

I get a Solu Reaver vibe from those screens which is great. Can you play DSII without having played DSI?

Very much so. You'll pick up on smaller details if you've played DSI, but won't be locked out of any major points if you just jump in to DSII.

Is it possible to upgrade your potion carrying capacity? I just broke a dozen ceramic jars and there are a few potions lying around that I'd rather save for later than leave to expire.

Get items with health regen. Or power up the Murder skill. Murder means large mobs are basically health farms.

How the hell do you use that counter?
I hold the button and i get whacked

Also, what skills is everyone using? I think we should start talking about builds.

Im using max teleport slash and max shield, with a few skills that help both.

I'm partial to Necro.

Zombies -> To distract large enemies while I bash on them.
Crows (Murder) -> To farm health/reaper energy.
Gun -> To quickly refill wrath energy.

Oh something I noticed with the gun. It's really fucking good in combat as the wrath regen on shots with it is crazy

If you can land your shots, no need for wrath potions.

Can anyone give me more info on 360 version frame-rate.

The Giantbombcast said there are some pretty significant problems.

Got me kind of worried.

Small drops from time to time. Nothing that impacted gameplay. Was pretty minor overall, IMHO.

Ugh this
Guardian
fight is horrible.

Learn to dodge. Wait, dodge, counter, repeat.

I have decided to cancel my uk xbox preorder until I hear a definte opinion on the framerate problems.

Framerate issues in an action game is a massive problem for me.

See my comments above.

Dascu

Level 7 and I haven't used any skill points yet, trying to decide which path to go.

Ghouls seem extremely weak, but could be useful as a distraction..

First of all, you don't really need to choose a path. You can get some skills in one tree, then the other, then back. Second, you can buy a not very expensive respec item from Vulgrim.

Dahbomb

I am not using any potions in Apoc but its going to be the opposite in Nightmare mode. You don't have good regen options in the beginning at all and health orbs are scarce.

Thank god platforming does not count against your death in nightmare because most of my deaths in the game (not actual deaths but still a form of retry) have come from just falling in pits.

I must be retarded. I'm stuck on the orb puzzle in the drenchfort, and have no idea what to do.

edit:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Didn't see a ledge thanks to my colour blindness.

Level 7 and I haven't used any skill points yet, trying to decide which path to go.

Ghouls seem extremely weak, but could be useful as a distraction..

Ghouls are a little weak at first but get better with each lvl. At higher levels they also have chance to aggro enemies to give some breathing room.

Teleport slash is also get for gathering health without having to use potions. I am kind of messing with both ravanger and necromancer skills. I will probably respect though ones i see all the moves and find what tailor best to my play style.

Gav47

When and where do you get the items from the DS1 achievements? I just got the makers key and I still haven't gotten them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I am not using any potions in Apoc but its going to be the opposite in Nightmare mode. You don't have good regen options in the beginning at all and health orbs are scarce.

Thank god platforming does not count against your death in nightmare because most of my deaths in the game (not actual deaths but still a form of retry) have come from just falling in pits.

I've used a few, getting cleaved for 600 damage vs the optional bosses = oh hell no

Syriel

quick question:

Can you go back to the Forge Lands once you've left for the second area?

Can travel back to any area until the very end of the game.

Crowfather
even warns you that there is no going back at that point and gives you a chance to finish up anything you want to get done.

Also, if you miss that chance, the game gives you the option of NOT starting a NG+ right away. If you choose to pass on NG+ it doesn't overwrite the final save. You can go back and finish any side quests, then refight final battle before moving on.

So is there any way to force Vsync through D3DOverrider while still using the FXAA injector for us poor ATI users? It just looks so damn good with FXAA....but dear god the tearing.

Alright, when fighting
Gorewood, how in the hell do you avoid the homing ground.... weeds that he sends after you? I can avoid them until my third dodge, when Death has to pause for a moment before he can dodge again.

Top Bottom