• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

sephi22

What does the charge on guantlets do? It seems like a shield but its been pretty useless for me so far.

***spoiler***
Also, the bat boss in the nook (forgot the name) is super easy. Beat her without using potions or getting hit in apocalyptic using just teleport slash and pistol.

Get at my level, tragic

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What does the charge on guantlets do? It seems like a shield but its been pretty useless for me so far.

Also, the bat boss in the nook (forgot the name) is super easy. Beat her without using potions or getting hit in apocalyptic using just teleport slash and pistol.

Get at my level, tragic

It's a parry

Also,
the bat boss in the nook (forgot the name) is super easy. Beat her without using potions or getting hit in apocalyptic using just teleport slash and pistol.

Get at my level, tragic

Seriously guys, there are still people waiting for their copy....

Can anyone post a screenshot of their Nvidia Inspector settings?

I want to get sgssaa working.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing so I don't have to spend hours tweaking.

Just completed the first temple - pretty good. Easy puzzles, easy boss. The part that gave me trouble were those two red
Ravagers and the spiked ball Contructs.. those bastards.

Oh yay, more advanced skills later on? Nice.

any skill recommendations from the advanced players?

I wouldn't call myself advanced by any stretch of the imagination, but I found whirlwind immensely useful during my playthrough. It generates reaper energy, does a 360 very wide spin and, the last swing flings anything it hits away providing relief if too many guys get close.

derwalde

I wouldn't call myself advanced by any stretch of the imagination, but I found whirlwind immensely useful during my playthrough. It generates reaper energy, does a 360 very wide spin and, the last swing flings anything it hits away providing relief if too many guys get close.

thank you.

one more question: can one target lock enemies with the 360 pad?

Aeana

I got through the 10th wave in
The Crucible
and the guy appeared and I can't even talk to him. :(
The bugs in this game that I've been encountering are getting kind of irritating.

Dahbomb

***spoiler***

Get at my level, tragic
Its a counter. When an opponent hits the shield tap the secondary button again for the counter hit. Honestly speaking that counter is the only reason to be using that weapon because it lacks in range and damage.

Carm

Question about the first town.
Can you beat Thane the first time you see him?

Also, I dunno whos idea it was to not have LT just lockon instead of hold, bad decision. Trying to use LB+button is very cumbersome. Trying to play with middle fingers on the triggers is uncomfortable.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Using the ingame vsync or D3DO?

edit
question for tragic:
How do I pull off the dragon punch with the gauntlets? Either I was seeing things or I definitely pulled off a ridiculous spinning uppercut.
in game v sync doesn't work I force it through nvida panel

Kem0sabe

Also, I dunno whos idea it was to not have LT just lockon instead of hold, bad decision. Trying to use LB+button is very cumbersome. Trying to play with middle fingers on the triggers is uncomfortable.

Nope you can´t, he will one hit fuck you up. I only managed to beat him towards the tail end of the first world, with some creative dodging.
You get some hitman style contracts to do once you defeat him.

the game is amazing, but this mighty shitty pc port is getting on my nerves

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You can beat him, he has a really simple pattern.

Beepos

Nope you can´t, he will one hit fuck you up. I only managed to beat him towards the tail end of the first world, with some creative dodging.

Beat him at lv3 after a few attempts. Pretty easy just dodge (Rb) his attack. At around 30% of his total life he will do a three in a row attack combo so make sure you are back for that, and then go in again... Pretty easy overall to be honest and this was on Apoc difficulty.

Carm

Hrm, got to quarter health, then he got buggy, his ai doesn't seem very good. Would be facing away from me numerous times, which throws off how attack animations look. Messed me up quite a bit.

Kem0sabe

Beat him at lv3 after a few attempts. Pretty easy just dodge (Rb) his attack. At around 30% of his total life he will do a three in a row attack combo so make sure you are back for that, and then go in again... Pretty easy overall to be honest and this was on Apoc difficulty.

Hmm, guess the difficulty was my clear lack of murdering skills, will have to improve :)

Beepos

mm, guess the difficulty was my clear lack of murdering skills, will have to improve :)

To be fair I guess I have some 'yellow' items you get from DS1 or whatever. The crits murdered him which I think is from a item I got. But yeah it is a one hit KO and it took me about 10 times to get it spot on :)

Can anyone tell me what the best way of getting possessed weapons is? Most of the time that I get one, it sucks.

It's all about upgrading Possessed Weapons and adding bonus attributes to them. Found this on GameFAQs and it might be helpful to some:

Possessed Weapons are rare items that you usually obtain from difficult boss fights, but they can also be obtained from various NPC and large treasure chests. You can tell a Possessed Weapon by its name and color of the box in your inventory (dark orange/Red). Having a Possessed Weapon allows you to customize its name, as well as improve its stats, and even add new ones.

When you have a Possessed Weapon in your inventory, click it and select upgrade. This will bring you to a new screen including the rest of the items in your possession. Sacrificing these items to your Possessed Weapon can increase the stats and effects of the weapon, or even add new ones

The upgrading process is simple. Enter your inventory and select your Possessed Weapon, then choose the upgrade option. A list of all possible upgrade items becomes available, allowing you to choose which weapons, armor and talismans you want to sacrifice to your weapon. There are three different colored items that you can use to upgrade your Possessed Weapons, White, Green and Blue. White items give the least amount of weapon experience points, while Blue offers the biggest increase. There is an exception though as Talismans are the best items for improving Possessed Weapons. A White Talisman will offer more experience on your Possessed Weapon that its armor or weapon counterpart. The same goes for Green and Blue Talismans.

When the weapon reaches a new level (maximum of 5 improvement levels) you can select a new enhancement to be placed onto that weapon. The enhancement does not stack with current enhancements. So for example your Possessed Double Scythes have +12 Fire Damage and your next level enchantment offers +14 Fire Damage, the overall at the end will be +14. You need to be cautious too because if your current stat is Critical 22% and you choose an enhancement offer Critical 10%, you will lose 12%. You can select the enhancements yourself, you don’t have to choose the one at the top of the list. It is also worth noting that the stats and effects from your Primary and Secondary weapon both apply as long as equipped, regardless of what you’re using.

Ideally you want to build 2 weapons that support each other. For example

Primary:
Critical Damage
Execution Chance
Health On Execution

Secondary:
Critical Chance
Critical Damage
Strength
Elemental Damage

From my experience, it’s far more beneficial to excel in one particular area rather than spreading out. At about level 12 I was getting critical hits at around the 4.5k mark, enough to destroy anything that wasn’t a boss in 2-3 hits. And some of the bosses didn’t take much more than that.

Another helpful guide on Possessed Weapons here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=383846

Possessed weapons are the best weapons in the game if you plan your upgrades accordingly.

What's up with the Skeletal Champions? I was fighting a group and whenever I got hit the recovery was long as shit, which led to me getting bum rushed by all of them without being able to dodge

Sid

Played around 1-1.5 hours of this game on the pc,maxed,it looks very good not as good as god of war 3, ascension or even ac3 but yeah looks excellent and runs well even with forced aa,v-sync and af and ofc it is very fun,already better than dks1 imo

Kem0sabe

This game would make for an awesome co-op action rpg, much better than D3 will ever be.

Imagine these awesome dungeons tuned to require 2 players or more, the pvp...

KevinCow

Banned
Is it too early to say that this is one of the best games ever made?

Like I haven't even beaten it yet. But damn. It's so good.

Kem0sabe

Is it too early to say that this is one of the best games ever made?

Like I haven't even beaten it yet. But damn. It's so good.

My experience so far is approaching GoW 3 levels of fun, within the genre, the gameplay is amazing... wish i bought the PS3 version tho.

remz

The game has too many instances of, 'do this 3 times'

It's fun, but it's weird playing as fucking Death and being an errand boy

At the start at least they comment on this in dialogue. Death complains and the makers basically say "tough shit"

sephi22

I beat Thane at level 2, so yes its definitely possible.

Also my favorite two modifiers on weapons are:
'Critical chance' and
'Frost/ice damage'

Frost slows em down, which is amazing for dodging those one shot kills, made those crucible waves easy that i was struggling with

I fucking love this game. The only low point I experienced so far has been
the portions that take place on Earth. I understand they were going for something to chance pace for a bit,
but it really doesn't work for me and isn't really fun. Also experienced some glitches for the first time with the sound cutting in and out.

Still, I'm lvl 19 now and fuck... this game is stellar!

I beat Thane at level 2, so yes its definitely possible.

Also my favorite two modifiers on weapons are:
'Critical chance' and
'Frost/ice damage'

Frost slows em down, which is amazing for dodging those one shot kills, made those crucible waves easy that i was struggling with

Yes, I also beat him around lvl 3. The trick for me was teleport slash whenever he was about to attack, get in some quick hits then dodge back and keep a distance.

So I forced Vsync from the Nvidia control panel with triple buffering. I've also used D3D alone and with the nividia forced vsync and the game is STILL stuttering.

Does anyone have any idea of notice of a patch b/c this is ridiculous! I just can't play the game this way!!

Mr_eX

In order to get the pre-order bonus stuff on the steam version I assume you have to link your steam account with your THQ account but I can't because the stupid thing wont pop up for me when I start the game. Does anyone know how to register in-game? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but that didn't work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Claws are just too damn fun I don't think I'll EVER go to another weapon. Doesn't help that I love the animation/design of them as well.
2BXEr.jpg

Top Bottom