• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

forrest

formerly nacire
Boatman Coins carry over (though your in-game stat will show 0... because it represents how many you've collected THAT play-through).

First zone puzzles are definitely on the easy side by design. Maybe a tad too easy? I definitely agree they pick up in challenge after that!

Hey Tragic, why was the R1 functionality removed from certain traversal modes. In Darksiders 1 it let you climb walls quicker, shimmy ledges quicker, etc. If Death is supposed to be more agile that War, it kind of feels like a step backwards.

Also, is anyone able to sacrifice items that aren't in the first three rows of the Possessed Upgrade UI? Anytime I highlight an item that isn't in the first three rows and hit "A" it does nothing. It means I have to sacrifice scythes and secondaries more often which leads to an over abundance of armor and talismans.

Also, what does the
DemonHeart
ability do from the talisman?
Increasing quality of items looted?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey tragic, do the stat growth stones stack each playthrough? :lol

Hey Tragic, why was the R1 functionality removed from certain traversal modes. In Darksiders 1 it let you climb walls quicker, shimmy ledges quicker, etc. If Death is supposed to be more agile that War, it kind of feels like a step backwards.
If you think about it, death does move faster at a standard speed. It makes sense for war because he's using his brute strength to lunge himself forward kinda like the hulk

Ricker

Argul's Tomb is not out yet...I got the e-mail saying they will send the code when it's ready...or was that for the SeasonPass...never saw so many codes and the like needed before starting a game...

EDIT: nm,that was the season Pass Crucible thing that we have to wait for,Argul's worked fine for when I entered it...not sure in game though lol...

forrest

formerly nacire

If you think about it, death does move faster at a standard speed. It makes sense for war because he's using his brute strength to lunge himself forward kinda like the hulk

I agree it still feels faster in general, but when climbing walls etc. it just feels like I should be moving differently that I am. I'm glad R1 still boosts your swim speed at least :D

Anyone else having that issue with not being able to sacrifice items that aren't in the first three rows of the UI when upgrading possessed weapons?

ironcreed

Banned
The days of getting a meaty color manual are still dwindling away, I see. Now it is usually just a fold out card. Ah, whatever. Just glad to have the game.

ironcreed

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché;41108492 said:
So is the PS3 version stable? I have the original on PS3 and would like to maintain platform parity of the series, plus have access to the unlocks.

I just got the PS3 version and will chime in later tonight, but most reports are that it is fine. I have heard a few reports of freezing, though.

tragic

Developer

It's funny cause Death covers as much ground (on walls) as War did except he doesn't need to dash. I guess its psychological... people would think he was moving faster if we slowed him down and gave him the wall dash.

Also, what does the
DemonHeart
ability do from the talisman?

Posted this earlier. It turns any common weapon that would have dropped into a Possessed weapon drop.

Yes, indeed! This is one of the reasons there isn't NG+++++.

MMaRsu

The days of getting a meaty color manual are still dwindling away, I see. Now it is usually just a fold out card. Ah, whatever. Just glad to have the game.

Oh man..a real adventure game like this deserves a true manual. Probably thqs fault..

MyEpitomeCliché;41108492 said:
So is the PS3 version stable? I have the original on PS3 and would like to maintain platform parity of the series, plus have access to the unlocks.

Yep.

Aside from a mid-loading of 3-4 seconds in big areas and very minor tearing, it's very much stable. Hasn't froze on me yet, either.

At least it came in a sweet 3D lenticular slip cover and a shiny art work insert.

aparisi2274

HEy can anyone answer this for me...

The serpent tomes that give you gifts from in-game characters or from XBL friends, is there a reason why I can not access the XBL inbox? Every time I try to access it, it tells me that because of Family settings I can not access it. I save my game, head over to system settings and check family settings, and they are all OFF.

Any ideas??

I think I'm going to switch to Apocalyptic difficulty. I keep finding this equipment with bonuses when you execute someone, but I think I've only managed to do a finishing move once, and it was by accident. Everything dies so quickly, I catch a quick flash of the execute prompt, and then it's too late.

forrest

formerly nacire
I think I'm going to switch to Apocalyptic difficulty. I keep finding this equipment with bonuses when you execute someone, but I think I've only managed to do a finishing move once, and it was by accident. Everything dies so quickly, I catch a quick flash of the execute prompt, and then it's too late.

I started on Apocalyptic and all I can say is it feels really balanced in terms of difficulty. If your not ever in danger of dying in normal, I would definitely switch over.

I've encountered a pretty big glitch right at the beginning of the second world,
right after getting to the tree of Death I don't have a main quest marker on my map, so I can't advance, ostergoth didn't tell me to go the the flying ship so I can't do shit!
Does anyone have a save near that part on apocalyptic so I don't have to begin the game anew?

It seems I'm not alone - http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29319391/The_main_quest_disappeared

Now that I think about it, I believe the game CTD just as I finished talking to
ostergoth

If anyone could help, any save near the end of world 1 or beginning of world 2 is appreciated (apocalyptic difficulty), if not I have an old savegame I'm going to use.

Dahbomb

I have a question.

I bought this Talisman from Vulgrim for a decent amount of gils and some coins. It said its some legacy Talisman so I bought it thinking it might be good. Well it has NO stats on it and I can't equip it until I reach LVL40. Did I just waste my money or is it good for something?

Agreed about the camera being too zoomed in during lock on mode.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
After much trial and error, I have found a way to completely remove all the stuttering and vsync issues with the game.

(560ti, windows 7 64 bit, 305.53 Nvidia Drivers, D3D Overider)

So from experimenting here's what I found.

V-sync from game ( does not work )
V-sync from control panel ( massive stuttering)
V-sync from D3D ( less stuttering )
V-sync from D3D and Control Panel ( about the same )
V-sync from D3D in windowed mode = Perfect.

Here's the magic combination.

Set Vsync In the in Nvidia control panel to "Use 3D applications setting"
Set Triple Buffering to "on"
(you can freely set anistropic filtering to what ever value you want, and FX Antialiasing works just fine)

In D3D overider Set Vsync to "on" and Triple Buffering to "Off"

Now in the game make sure V-sync is not checked, and run the game in a window.

You should now have the game running in a window perfectly v-synced with zero stutter.
At this point, I used This Program to make the window go into border-less full screen mode.

The border-less window program did require an self update to work on the game, but its a simple procedure.

So there you have it.. a few hoops to jump through, but you will get a super smooth v-sync with zero stutter. ( this same principle applied to AOE online, running that game with forced v-sync in a border-less window removed similar stutter)

Also, when running in border-less window mode the in game gamma is ineffective. The game will just use whatever you native desktop gamma settings are. You can remedy this by using nvidia's built in Gamma and contrast correction from within the control panel. I had to do this, as the game was a bit too dark.

Hope this helps anyone with stutter issues. As always with the vast array of different hardware and drivers out there, your mileage may vary.

If you need help just ask.

Edit: helping just one person to enjoy the game was worth the post

Mupod

I have a question.

I bought this Talisman from Vulgrim for a decent amount of gils and some coins. It said its some legacy Talisman so I bought it thinking it might be good. Well it has NO stats on it and I can't equip it until I reach LVL40. Did I just waste my money or is it good for something?

maybe you can feed it to a possessed weapon? Is there a level restriction on that?

I don't buy that at all. Just because a game has content doesn't mean it's always applied well.

All you are basically talking about is the story. Instead of them saying you need to recover three objects to meet this guy there could have been no NPCs and simply a door needing three keys. There is no difference at all, its just a story crutch. Now if your issue with the story then fine but as a game mechanic it is what all action/adventure games do.

Dahbomb

Oh and I definitely recommend D3DOverrider for this game.

I ran into something peculiar yesterday. There was this section where you had to wall run and use
Death Grip
to go across some lava right before you had to get the first Heart Stone down to power up the giant construct. There was a chest right there in that section hidden on top of the spot where you had to use the
Death Grip
. Now I was easily able to get to that spot... but I couldn't get back to another spot to continue my quest. I tried wall running, tried jumping and using the grip but all my methods ended me in the lava. I eventually fell so much that I died and reloaded the checkpoint... this time I didn't bother going for the chest (there wasn't anything really valuable in it). I don't know what I was supposed to do here.

legbone

Just curious, has anyone received their code for the fletcher's crow hammer yet? i am waiting to play the game until i get my code. i'm currently in customer service hell trying to get it. just wondering if any of you guys or gals actually got the email yet. really want that hammer.

D3doverrider is mandatory for any game I play, its always on.

There is a issue though even if you have it on it will not work, just restarting the ap fixes it, annoying but just a heads up for people who might not be able to get it to work.

sephi22

Crucible attempts:

So far I've reached wave 15. Cleared it but didn't have the courage to carry on. Got 2 elite (purple) weapons 1 level below mine (they were 15, I was 16), one of which is a very sick axe that encases enemies in ice blocks sometimes.

Right now trying a max damage build. Its working okay, but I prefer a more teleport slash built playstyle

Bruiserk

Can I fight
Gorewood
before going out of the Forge Lands? I just can't find the damn thing.

he is
in the mini-temple on your way to the forest area on the right side of the map. There is a hallway in this mini temple where you have to wall-run all the way to a chest with a bunch of water below. This hallway is quite skinny. Dive under the water to a cave.

edit: sorry for the double post. Didn't even think about it.

neoism

8.3MB patch on steam?
-checks for config file-
Nope, they just removed the Config folder instead. Not sure what the other changes are.

16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I have a question.

Check the description of the Talisman, it may have no stats but it could have a bonus ability.

Top Bottom