• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

neoism

Blademaster = Unlocks ALL combat moves while equipped. Demonheart makes all common weapon drops turn into POSSESSED weapon drops. =)

I mentioned this a few posts back (or a few dozen by now!). Glad something more official and visible was posted! Definitely wanted to clear up that Jay/Mat weren't purposely misleading anyone.

I believe that when you start a game on Nightmare, it acts like starting a new game... so any items that you originally were mailed should show up. Not items that were mailed during gameplay, however. That being said, I'm not 100% sure though. I will check and get back to you as soon as I can confirm (or someone here can also!).

very pleased hope everything is fixed.....

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, there's more? Haha. Guess I'm used to the short games of this generation.

Wait you thought that would of been it for the game? You are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from done. You just finished the extended tutorial :p

yeah, about that

HOW do I kill that one?
I was under the impression he was unkillable so you had to die to move the story forward
You have a gun, it has glowing shit on it that you have been using in dungeons up to this point.

1+1=?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Should I proceed to the Dead Plains or do all the side stuff first in the Forge Lands?

Is the Blackroot sidequest a long one?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Should I proceed to the Dead Plains or do all the side stuff first in the Forge Lands?

Is the Blackroot sidequest a long one?

Do all the forgelands stuff first. Save the page reward area for later due to chest = current level

*I understand this design but they should of freaking level capped zones*

In other words DO NOT open chest if you are using decent gear already. Go back and get them later.

Syriel

yeah, about that

HOW do I kill that one?
I was under the impression he was unkillable so you had to die to move the story forward

Think of it as an action version of
SotC

You have to
knock him down, grapple up the arms and destroy the gems powering him

I think I might be at the last dungeon of the Forge Lands and I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOOOOVE THIS GAAAAAAME!

Anybody who doesn't have Darksiders 1 wants the War stuff? I have better gear now.

I'm not home right now, but do you still have it?????

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm not home right now, but do you still have it?????

Still have it.

PS3 version, btw.

Also, the top 8 in the Fastest Completion Time Leaderboard is all 000:00:00

Get on that shit, Vigil!

And nobody has completed Nightmare Mode yet, and only 2 completed The Crucible.

pyros

Played about 10 hrs, loving the game so far, but playing this game after replaying darksider 1 has me trying to double jump all the time

Still have it.

PS3 version, btw.

Get on that shit, Vigil!

Fuck, 360 version.

Thanks anyways TT__TT

Still have it.

PS3 version, btw.

Get on that shit, Vigil!

I wouldn't mind the war stuff? I'm unable to get it as I played DS on my old PS3 before it YLOD

Thorhald

is it possible to grind xp in this or is that not part of the game mechanics? i'm finding some content to be pretty tough. i'm 6 hours in the game and level 4. seems like i'm getting 1% xp per kill on the corruption.

Dascu

If its the one I'm thinking of.
Go on the platform with the yellow bomb, grab it manually, then go on the platform below the bomb one (the one you use to get up). From there, you should be able to jump and throw the bomb midair at the crystals. That's as far as I got there, lol.

Man, can't pull this off. This can't possibly be the intended way to do this.

Lothars

Well, they made the statement, so I am holding them to it. But in all honesty, I just want the one copy I paid for, which is due tomorrow according UPS tracking that I would not even have known about were it not for someone over on the official forums. They did not even bother to email those of us affected with new tracking.
I really hope that I would get an extra copy since tracking isn't working for me as well and I am really excited to get the game but hopefully will be here today.

Syriel

is it possible to grind xp in this or is that not part of the game mechanics? i'm finding some content to be pretty tough. i'm 6 hours in the game and level 4. seems like i'm getting 1% xp per kill on the corruption.

You can only get XP on enemies within 3 lvls, IIRC.

Ahh, I can't wait to find out; do Strife or Fury make any appearances in this game? Spoiler tag for the others, please.

Only in cutscenes.

JJD

Fuck...defeated Thane just to have the game freeze on me as soon as I pressed select to spend a skill point.

Now I have to do it again.

This game is off to a great start...

JohngPR

both change darksiders 2 exe so no one one at a time.. I'm in your boat use the injector and get tearing I'm using ccc and have AA 8x Af 16X and vsync and tripbuff on my card and d3od and it looks great now...

When I tried forcing AA through CCC, all of the textures become transparent and all I can see is the world's skybox. :(

Duffyside

Banned
Don't know why I was waiting til I get the game to ask this; there are trophies for Normal and Apocalyptic difficulty, right? Can one platinum this game in one playthrough? If not, I'm thinking of doing Normal first run, and then Apocalyptic the second with NG+. That sound smart? Don't think I'll want to play it three times.

Question: I started Darksiders II last night and forgot about the DS I save unlockables.
How do you get your items if you have your Darksiders I save still (Do you just create a new save profile)?
How do you know if you got the items-when/where will I know if it worked?

Ridley327

As cool as finding those hidden bosses were (well, three of them are hidden, at least), I thought it was kinda disappointing that Thane doesn't do anything to actually recognize what you've done. You do get some great unique weapons out of the deal, so there's that.

I wonder if Argul's big strike is as much of a one-hit kill on lower difficulties as it is on Apocalpytic...

Fuck...defeated Thane just to have the game freeze on me as soon as I pressed select to spend a skill point.

Now I have to do it again.

This game is off to a great start...

Yeah, I defeated a boss and right when the loot or boss-kill animation triggered, the game crashed.

Disheartened, I turned off my PC for the night and watched White Collar instead =)

Question: I started Darksiders II last night and forgot about the DS I save unlockables.
How do you get your items if you have your Darksiders I save still (Do you just create a new save profile)?
How do you know if you got the items-when/where will I know if it worked?

It's based on the Trophies/Achievements you've unlocked on your account. You get your items from Muria at Tri-Stone.

Top Bottom