• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

I could really see myself playing through this at least one more time. It would be great to try the necromancer side too. Honestly the more I play this game the more I love it. Can't wait to get into it a lot more over the weekend.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
Ati5850 Driver12.6

*Got it fixed, had to go to the exe then properties and check the box that disables display scaling. That let me get back in game to change it back to full screen. Shew, thought I was a goner! :D

good good.. I was looking for options and was about to dive into the registry.

Dahbomb

Anyone tinker around with Possess weapons to see how you get the Attributes in the upgrade?

I am thinking when I have maxed out Death, I am going to hoard a bunch of Life on Hit/Crit/Strength/Defense weapons and pump them all into a Possessed weapon and see how much I can get those values to stack.

Also anyone know how we get the Crow Armor?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I still can't decide between this and Sleeping Dogs. The main reason I want to hold off on this one is I haven't finished the first. By the time I do, I might catch it on sale.

Dahbomb

I tried out the game in Windowed mode and not only did it improve performance but it also removed the load times from the menu!!!

Thank you for that tip, game feels so good now.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
I tried out the game in Windowed mode and not only did it improve performance but it also removed the load times from the menu!!!

Thank you for that tip, game feels so good now.

Alright my work here is done. If others have issues spread the word. ^_^

"Off to the Crucible for the evening."

When does life on hit and life steal start showing up?

Only recovery stat I've seen so far is life on crit

The first one I got was a lvl 20 scythe. The crazy good fist weapon I'm talking about is a named legendary that you after finishing third dungeon in the second world. I want to say its has a min requirement of lvl 15.

So my game froze while auto saving, had to turn the xbox off. Now the save is corrupted and I have to start over, except fuck that. Nice one vigil...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeah, I can understand skipping fixing some issues due to deadlines, but as a QA Tester myself, this... this is just sad.

I love the game, but it's damn buggy.

So I just faught
the deposed king
at level 12 and got decimated in one hit. Which of
thane's bounties
should I be going after first?

Yeah, I can understand skipping fixing some issues due to deadlines, but as a QA Tester myself, this... this is just sad.

I love the game, but it's damn buggy.

Seriously I mean I loved the game but I was right at the end and I had all the
book of the dead pages
I just cant do the whole thing over again.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay so I'm not sure why, but it seems to me like Up on the directional pad should toggle between Dungeon Items. I'm pretty far into the game and it's gone unused thus far. It would make things so much simpler and easier to use. I understand it would change the functionality of the
Soul Splitter
, but you could either leave it out of the rotation and access it like you currently do, or actually make it trigger with R2 like the rest of the items.

HDN or Tragic, any comments on this suggestion?

KevinCow

Banned
Okay so I'm not sure why, but it seems to me like Up on the directional pad should toggle between Dungeon Items. I'm pretty far into the game and it's gone unused thus far. It would make things so much simpler and easier to use. I understand it would change the functionality of the
Soul Splitter
, but you could either leave it out of the rotation and access it like you currently do, or actually make it trigger with R2 like the rest of the items.

HDN or Tragic, any comments on this suggestion?

You can map gear items to L1+face button quick select, just like magic abilities.

Anyone tinker around with Possess weapons to see how you get the Attributes in the upgrade?

I am thinking when I have maxed out Death, I am going to hoard a bunch of Life on Hit/Crit/Strength/Defense weapons and pump them all into a Possessed weapon and see how much I can get those values to stack.

Also anyone know how we get the Crow Armor?

I posted this guide a few pages back, it's helpful when making PW builds:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=383846

I am definitely going to take my time playing this game. Going to do all the side quests on the hardest difficulty and get all the best armor(well...try to anyway).

I've listened to the soundtrack back and forth, but there seems to be a song missing. The song that plays on the PS3 dashboard when highlighting the game, same song that plays during the intro cutscene.

malfcn

LOL - just got my first couple of deaths due to spotty platforming. Was exploring and was trying to jump a gap, for some reason I would press jump and Death would just walk off the edge like no input happened. Tried a couple times and made the jump, nothing was there. That sucks.

Pretty sure I ran across another game-breaking glitch at the end of Act 2. There's no portal or anything to the third world, even though it tells me to go there.

Well, the game was fun while it lasted!

Duffyside

Banned
Didn't think UPS delivered as late as 8:30. I might be one of the last pre-orderers to get their copy in the whole United States. Of course, guy knocked on my door about three minutes after I gave up hope and took my pants off.

BUT WHATEVER SON TIME TO SAVE MY BROTHER!

malfcn

Didn't think UPS delivered as late as 8:30. I might be one of the last pre-orderers to get their copy in the whole United States. Of course, guy knocked on my door about three minutes after I gave up hope and took my pants off.

BUT WHATEVER SON TIME TO SAVE MY BROTHER!

Congrats. I got mine yesterday, and just started a bit ago and barely made any way into the game. It'd be cool to get a second copy still (some people are?) so give to a friend or something.

Finally managed to get that damned construct unlodged.

Phew.

Did you do anything specific? I think I'm about to enter the same area you were (just started the game) and I'm concerned something similar is going to happen with all the Bug Reports.

I may just play Sleeping Dogs first... Either way, if you did do anything specific it may help others who have had this issue.

Dahbomb

I posted this guide a few pages back, it's helpful when making PW builds:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=383846
Sweet...

Although I already fucked my first Possessed weapon. Next one I am going to be more careful about it.

Can someone explain to me what Auto-Collect does?
Basically picks up all items for you without you having to manually collect them. I have it on Auto Collect too and after doing a dungeon I go through all my collected stuff, put on the ones that are upgrades, sell the ones that aren't or save the ones that might be useful for feeding into my Possessed weapon.

So I just faught
the deposed king
at level 12 and got decimated in one hit. Which of
thane's bounties
should I be going after first?
He is real easy if you have the right specs. If you have Teleport Slash maxed you should be able to beat him at that level, though you should wait until you have good weapons with some crits, preferably something with fire damage. If you keep your distance, pop him with the pistol to replace your wrath, and TS him when he winds up for the big smash that sticks his mace in the ground, you can get some easy damage while he tries to break free. Just watch out for his tornado attack when he gets down to half health.

I can't remember the last time I've played a game with this many game-ending bugs and glitches. If you do anything of any kind out of order, it seems like the game will just not function properly afterwards. 12 hours, and now I can't do anything
KuGsj.gif

Bruiserk

So, I just beat it. One question:

I thought Strife/Fury were supposed to have a role in this game? Didn't I read that somewhere? I guess we got Strife's gun..

This is my GOTY so far. We will see what AC3 has to bring but I think that is the only contender that could dethrone this game. A couple points:

- great art style. Although some of the textures were blurry when zoomed in, when you get a giant vista to look at and just take in everything as a whole it looks really good.

- music was excellent throughout.

- I think playing as Death was a lot more fun/unique than War. I feel like the developers put a good amount of effort into building his character and showing that through different animations/dialogue. I really enjoyed his voice as well.

- gotta love loot

- combat was better than DS1

- I really enjoyed learning about the history of the four horseman and
the nephilim

- temples galore. Even if they weren't mandatory they had smaller ones for side quests.

A couple negative points:

- Of course everyone is going to complain about lack of PC graphics options, so I have to as well. Wtf Vigil?

- I don't know if this can be considered a spoiler so I will put it in tags anyways.
The first environment was a good size. From then on, it got smaller and smaller. I would have liked more time spent in other areas. For instance, I think I only spent close to an hour in the final environment.

-
They were trying to create some emotional connection through Death and the Nephilim, but I never really felt it. I could see what they were trying to do with it, that Death wants redemption from destroying his own kin and feels guilty about it, but they never really got me to care.

edit: Damn it 50th post... someone quote so this effort wasn't completely wasted

Top Bottom