• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Knight > Begins >= Rises.

Rises is probably the worst of the bunch but in more of a Return of the Jedi way than a Spider-Man 3 way. There are some things I really, REALLY like about it.

Penguin

Rises is probably the worst of the bunch but in more of a Return of the Jedi way than a Spider-Man 3 way. There are some things I really, REALLY like about it.

Wait wait wait... are you the Inferno313 on Twitter?
haha

Folks should give me the head's up on these things! :p

trTUMGrpaXuxhpDMu80Z_2nzXmzq3C_Yk8Z9o85YLAw

Wait wait wait... are you the Inferno313 on Twitter?
haha

Folks should give me the head's up on these things! :p

Haha, yep. That's me!

Also found this, legitimacy is obviously questionable: https://twitter.com/ConnorFilm/status/707321739693268992

Rooster12

Only things I liked about DKR was the opening scene, a few Catwoman scenes...Ras cameo...that's about it

GeeTeeCee

If Clark Kent wore a pair of Superman 3d glasses instead of his regular glasses, would people finally figure out that he's Superman? Food for thought.

I've been messing about with the Batmobile in Rocket League today. I wasn't overly fond of the design before (it looks a little flat), but I'm starting to come around to it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Is this really happening guys? Are we really getting a good to great Batman/Superman movie?!

*must temper expectations...

BadAss2961

Begins is outdated, doesn't feel the same anymore. Seeing it back in its day was incredible, but standards and expectations were relatively low at the time. Rises is a better movie, it just leaves the weakest first impression of the trilogy at its time of release.

I'm wary because the dude is obviously a fan of DC. I have no doubts people that love MoS will love BvS. I want to hear impressions from people that either hated MoS or thought it had some issues but thought it was good/ok.

I just want to see how this film will perform with general audiences but I guess I won't really know until opening weekend :(.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Impressions are starting to trickle in.

Buckle up guys, either there'll be a lots of crow served or we'll have to put up with a new cycle this time for BvS.

Only things I liked about DKR was the opening scene, a few Catwoman scenes...Ras cameo...that's about it

How can you not like Bruce climbing out of the prison? Shit was hype!

Verendus

Banned
Impressions are starting to trickle in.

Buckle up guys, either there'll be a lots of crow served or we'll have to put up with a new cycle this time for BvS.
This is what will happen.

Childish as I think the whole aspect of crow serving is.

Cooter

I wonder what the new hate circle will be :p
I'm sure some staples will stay. Too dark, no fun, rushing the universe, Cavill da bald Superman, ect... whatever. If it gets bad I'll just have to avoid those threads.

Verendus

Banned
How can you not like Bruce climbing out of the prison? Shit was hype!
I've always thought The Dark Knight Rises could've been the best of the trilogy with a few tweaks. Rather than bringing in Blake and Talia, they should've been cut from the movie. They're really unnecessary additions from a story point of of view. Talia is there as fan service to comic fans, and for the sake of a twist, and Blake is the physical manifestation of a theme that doesn't need it. The Batman statue at the end brings the point home subtly enough.

Bane and Catwoman could remain as the new additions, but keep the focus on the old cast like Wayne, Gordon, and Alfred. It would've allowed them to tighten up the movie, and avoid some of the flaws.

It's still great, but it could've been the best.

IconGrist

I'm sure some staples will stay. Too dark, no fun, rushing the universe, Cavill da bald Superman, ect... whatever. If it gets bad I'll just have to avoid those threads.

The OT gets posted a week before the movie is out. That will be a "fun" week.

Cooter

The OT gets posted a week before the movie is out. That will be a "fun" week.
If positive impressions continue to come in it will be mildly entertaining for sure. Instead of being happy we have a quality Comic book movie they will attempt to invalidate said impressions. Such strange behavior.

Vinter

Nolan movies were great, loved how his take was more about Bruce Wayne than it was about Batman. Add the villains, the score etc. Nolan delivered.

Also: TDKR>BB>TDK
fight me
Great movies obviously. But TDKR is easily the weakest one. If only because of the ending

I this movie turn out to be awesome I just hope people will learn to not shittalk about something before a single frame of it has been seen and then continue to shittalk it every step of the way.

But they won't.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've always thought The Dark Knight Rises could've been the best of the trilogy with a few tweaks. Rather than bringing in Blake and Talia, they should've been cut from the movie. They're really unnecessary additions from a story point of of view. Talia is there as fan service to comic fans, and for the sake of a twist, and Blake is the physical manifestation of a theme that doesn't need it. The Batman statue at the end brings the point home subtly enough.

Bane and Catwoman could remain as the new additions, but keep the focus on the old cast like Wayne, Gordon, and Alfred. It would've allowed them to tighten up the movie, and avoid some of the flaws.

It's still great, but it could've been the best.

I agree, also making Bane a lackey of Thalia diminished the character. He should've been the villain throughout the entire movie, at the end it switches to Thalia and the impact is just not the same.

I liked the movie, though. Never understood the massive hate it gets here on GAF.

Verendus

Banned
Great movies obviously. But TDKR is easily the weakest one. If only because of the ending
Aside from the whole Blake thing, I really liked the ending. Seeing Bruce Wayne actually move on with his life was great. He cleaned up Gotham, made a difference, but didn't ruin himself because of it. (At least, not permanently.)

It's part of why I like new Batman. Like Morpheus once said, "He's beginning to balee."

a916

I'm wary because the dude is obviously a fan of DC. I have no doubts people that love MoS will love BvS. I want to hear impressions from people that either hated MoS or thought it had some issues but thought it was good/ok.

I just want to see how this film will perform with general audiences but I guess I won't really know until opening weekend :(.

Didn't MOS have a really good audience score? It was the critical mass where it was divisive or am I wrong on that?

Cooter

What's with all the crying emojis? All for the lack of GL? Did he like it or not?

Vinter

Aside from the whole Blake thing, I really liked the ending. Seeing Bruce Wayne actually move on with his life was great. He cleaned up Gotham, made a difference, but didn't ruin himself because of it. (At least, not permanently.)

It's part of why I like new Batman. Like Morpheus once said, "He's beginning to balee."
I suppose thats fine. Its just the whole Talia thing and the rather anti-climatic Bane fight in the end that ruined it for me.

Verendus

Banned
I suppose thats fine. Its just the whole Talia thing and the rather anti-climatic Bane fight in the end that ruined it for me.
Oh, I don't like the Talia thing either. My main criticisms of TDKR are her and Blake's inclusion. Simply because I felt Bane being the anti-Wayne is a good story in itself, and Blake just serves to distract from focus that would have been better spent elsewhere, like Gordon. I feel for a character that was a big part of the journey, he got shafted pretty hard in TDKR, especially when you consider he had hit rock bottom due to their efforts. The Bruce Wayne arc over the trilogy is still strong enough for me to overlook those flaws though.

Vinter

Oh, I don't like the Talia thing either. My main criticisms of TDKR are her and Blake's inclusion. Simply because I felt Bane being the anti-Wayne is a good story in itself, and Blake just serves to distract from focus that would have been better spent elsewhere, like Gordon. I feel for a character that was a big part of the journey, he got shafted pretty hard in TDKR, especially when you consider he had hit rock bottom due to their efforts. The Bruce Wayne arc over the trilogy is still strong enough for me to overlook those flaws though.
I agree.

Didn't MOS have a really good audience score? It was the critical mass where it was divisive or am I wrong on that?

A- cinemascore, and 76% audience approval on RT.

Far from bad, but I'd be more comfortable with an A and 90%+.

So is that emoji review how they felt throughout the film? I don't understand.

Tears of Joy? I'm guessing? The big strings of tears being the BvS fight and Doomsday?

Someone should probably post a spoiler thread soonish, considering that not-secret screenings have happened, that shit's probably gonna be in the wild soon.

edit: I also need someone to translate the emoji review into English. Damn kids and their pictographic languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom