• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Just got my Legion of Collector's box. Armored Batman looks cool, the T-shirt is insanely dope. The Dorbz are okay and I might give them to my girlfriend.

That was in response to "Overall, will it appeal to the big audience?"

If that's in regard to mass appeal... that's not a good thing. At least if we're talking mass appeal.

If he was asked about quality and he responded that way, I'd be more excited (if that's possible).

Not to put too fine a point on it or anything, but the only comics with lower readership than graphic novels are the sunday funnypapers.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I think he was simply saying it was better than other comic book movies.

He also has a twitter pic of Zack Snyder text for his background picture lol.

Sorry I'm being pessimistic, I'm just not trying to get too hyped up. I know Verendus enjoyed the film and MoS wasn't even in his top 10 CBM.

I haven't really sat down and done my list recently. I think MoS would be my in my top 10, but toward the upper range.

I've watched these films atleast twice since they came out, but my top 10:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman Returns
5. Iron Man
6. Spiderman 1 (I love origin stories and Dafoe's Goblin)
7. First Class
8. Spiderman 2
9. Man of Steel (my favorite Superman film so far)
10. Guardians of The Galaxy

I really like a lot of parts of the marvel movies but usually there's one act where it just falls apart for me. The second half of avengers is superior to the first, Captain America's first 2/3rds is great (for both films), etc. The movies I listed feel great throughout the entire film. I can usually find atleast one scene I enjoy in most comic book movies.

Ahasverus

You know nothing, Jon Stewart
Uv6MLX2.png

Maddocks

I know this thread is not really full of spoilers, but I don't want to take any chances this close to release, so I make my exit. I shall return on March 22nd, after the screener. Not to spoil, but just to read.

Vinter

I know this thread is not really full of spoilers, but I don't want to take any chances this close to release, so I make my exit. I shall return on March 22nd, after the screener. Not to spoil, but just to read.
I wish I had the strength. I simply must have the latest news ;_;

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Just wait for a credible source, all these 'reviews' so far come from fanboys.

Mostly spoiler free if up to date with trailers. Only specific info is screen time of certain characters.

Context, guy says it's above a B+ and that MoS and Avengers 2 are B-, Jurassic World is B, and Star Wars TFA is A. Take it as you will.

Mostly spoiler free if up to date with trailers. Only specific info is screen time of certain characters.

Context, guy says it's above a B+ and that MoS and Avengers 2 are B-, Jurassic World is B, and Star Wars TFA is A. Take it as you will.

That's cool. Tomato watch will be a lot of fun then. That's about how I feel, though I think I'd swap Man of Steel and Jurassic World's rating and probably give TFA an A-.

a916

That's cool. Tomato watch will be a lot of fun then. That's about how I feel, though I think I'd swap Man of Steel and Jurassic World's rating and probably give TFA an A-.

If it settles in the 80's I'll be doing back flips... even the mid 70s will be good compared to all the crap you have to wade through in the early BvS threads.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
If it settles in the 80's I'll be doing back flips... even the mid 70s will be good compared to all the crap you have to wade through in the early BvS threads.
Mid 80s and I'll be throwing you in the air for a double back flip!

Ahasverus

I trust absolutely none of these reviews
You sure trust this last guy, he's legit legit.

What I liked is that he describes the movie as "Dark as fuck", that's music to my ears because I can already imagine the salt from the "comics should be" fun" even when they are about sad things "camp, or the DC haters. Ha. I love it.

You sure trust this last guy, he's legit legit.

What I liked is that he describes the movie as "Dark as fuck", that's music to my ears because I can already imagine the salt from the "comics should be" fun" even when they are about sad things "camp, or the DC haters. Ha. I love it.

Fun is such a terrible, meaningless buzzword because of it's subjectivity. I enjoy seeing these high stake fights and dramatic scenes. That's "fun" to me.

Yeah I'm expecting 75-85 but I could easily be wrong now that some of these reviews are coming in. I still think critics are going to come down on the tone and Snyder's visual style. Eitherway as long as I enjoy the movie and it's a financial success, I couldn't care less.

Bleepey

CdDpXwYVIAASKCg.jpg

honestly... im trying to be as objective as possible right now... but if people honestly hate this... they're doing it just to hate. I think even Duck is going to be pleased.

bro. Im so speechless I can't even show emotion right now...

Also,
------- Flash
cameo is like when a girl sends you nudes without asking, and she makes you turn into this dude you dont even know you could be... thirsty as **** for that movie.

I'm so glad Snyder got a hold on Batman... And Terrrio. ****ing Terrio got me on Team Supes for a little bit. I'm not even gonna lie. Til I remembered how GOAT Batman is with this one ****ing action scene and line.... ****.
I give it a 9/10. That's the best i could do ahah

+Minus on 41 minutes ago
What's the weakest part

few moments. don't involve any of the main characters.
I'll rank it as #1, but disclaimer I'm a huge Batman fan, and my favorite of that trilogy is Batman Begins because it's the closest Nolan got to a true Batman. I still think TDK is a Rich Guy in a Batsuit Chicago Crime Movie, not a Batman movie. And lets not get started with the **** TDKR was.... So BvS tops TDK trilogy for me, easily.

Tell you this much... the movie is gonna be ****ing lit... HER VOICE GAVE ME THAT FEELING YOU GET WHEN YOU SEE A ****ING HOT ASS GIRL. THAT KINDA SMALL HIGH COCAINE GIVES YOU SOON AS YOU GET FIRST HIT.

does it compare to any marvel movies

Not sure how sensitive to spoilers you are, Not really a spoiler:
Dead Zod
a better villain than any marvel villain in the movies so far..

OH MAN AND WHEN WW IS INTRODUCED IN THE ****ING COSTUME............ THAT TINGLY FEELING.

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=58856.56340

Talking about the validity:
It was WB employee screening. There was a sign in where a friend who works for Conan O'Brien signed me in. I have no physical proof for the film. They didn't give anything out because of NDA's. Best I can do is to tell you to look at my IMDB and look at my credits for my Conan work... which was like 3 years ago.
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=58856.56340

nah man, I'm not gonna do that. trust. go into it knowing you know nothing and you will fully enjoy the ****ing movie.
So are you confirming that BvS is amazing and will be a classic?

for me, yes. I'm kind of upset because I wanted to watch MoS right before watching but I got the call so last minute and the screening was at 2pm. PST. i was at work about an hour away from Burbank at 1230pm ha
How does it compare to Watchmen and MOS?

Closer to Watchmen. MOS didn't feel Snyder-esque becasue it had that first 2 act Nolan influence for me. It was Snyder in the 3rd act.

This feels like Snyder beginning to end. Also, parts remind me a bit of Sin City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom