• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love, love, love this film. Just so beautifully shot, and I actually now appreciate the flash-backs. But the considered, careful tone of the film in the first half just brings the character to life for me.

Until Zod arrives. It falls apart.
And then I read the impressions above and see this...

Oh

Honestly, I'm a Nolan fan, but having him out of there is probably a good thing. Man of Steel's weakest aspects were when it felt like a rip-off of Batman Begins.

strafer

I love, love, love this film. Just so beautifully shot, and I actually now appreciate the flash-backs. But the considered, careful tone of the film in the first half just brings the character to life for me.

Oh

Hold on....you like Man of Steel?....shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

*Adds Meus to favorite user list*

Busty

Banned
Positive screening reactions? Better than MOS?

I want to believe, but...early screenings... ;_;

Very wise, my friend.

Superhero films are constantly overrated to a ludicrous degree by these early fan 'reviews'.

The worst being the early fan review of the first Captain America film that stated that the relationship between Cap and Carter was one of the best love stories ever committed to film.

I hope whoever wrote that is hanging their head in shame now.

Penguin

I dig Lex's fashion sense

CdG_E1lUEAA5O7a.jpg

Rooster12

Oh

I'm the complete opposite.

Snyder just isn't good at exposition and character growth, that's why the first half of the film was just weird and unbalanced to me.

The film didn't take off until Zod.

Ahasverus

Wonder Woman trailer before Suicide Squad or after ? Isn't the filming already done ?
Filming goes until beyond may (which is funny because JL starts shooting in april, having her play the same character in two different films at the same time). But a trailer is probably coming at Comic Con, with a public premiere in Suicide Squad

shingi70

Banned
I enjoy Man of Steels narrative up until after the smallville fight. Everything afterward is weaker on plot but really awesome comicbook punchy puch fufhty fighty sequences.

strafer

Filming goes until beyond may (which is funny because JL starts shooting in May, having her play the same character in two different films at the same time). But a trailer is probably coming at Comic Con, with a public premiere in Suicide Squad

I just want the cam footage of the WW trailer at Comic Con. I love those, the audience reactions are the best.

Filming goes until beyond may (which is funny because JL starts shooting in april, having her play the same character in two different films at the same time). But a trailer is probably coming at Comic Con, with a public premiere in Suicide Squad

I think WB has learned there lesson to just release the footage.

Yeah WW will get some teaser footage at least. We've entered an age where they can start the hype train super early. We got squad trailer (though it was "leaked") more than a year early.

They probably won't have much cgi finished by the time SDCC rolls around though. JL will barely have anything but I'm hoping for some concept art.

I have to say I'm a little surprised we don't have more Civil War and Dr. Strange footage. I feel like only having one month to market Civil War is odd, maybe it's because I'm not as interested in it as I am in BvS.

I look forward to seeing two awesome movies within a period of 40 days, and then seeing Squad & Strange only a few more months away. Wish we had a third dc movie slotted for march next year but w/e.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah WW will get some teaser footage at least. We've entered an age where they can start the hype train super early. We got squad trailer (though it was "leaked") more than a year early.

They probably won't have much cgi finished by the time SDCC rolls around though. JL will barely have anything but I'm hoping for some concept art.

I have to say I'm a little surprised we don't have more Civil War and Dr. Strange footage. I feel like only having one month to market Civil War is odd, maybe it's because I'm not as interested in it as I am in BvS.

I look forward to seeing two awesome movies within a period of 40 days, and then seeing Squad & Strange only a few more months away. Wish we had a third dc movie slotted for march next year but w/e.
Everyone forgets X-Men is in May too :(

a916

Civil War will pick up right around the time of BvS's release. There's no point having their marketing going 100% while Batman V Superman hype is at an all time high. It's similar to not hearing anything except a trailer for BvS when Star Wars was in full force.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This summer is going to be fantastic. Hell this entire year should be great. There's no movie I'm looking forward to more than BvS but SS is damn close and my excitement for Civil War is way up there too. Roque One, Strange, and XMen are just icing on the cake. I may even go see WoW if it gets decent WOM.

Yager

Banned
Considering how big is BvS, I have no doubt that both Marvel and Fox decided to wait before starting to promote their movies, at least after BvS hits cinemas.

I'm sure that in the very first days of april, they're gonna start pumping the hype machine with those 2 films. If you think about it, in a time span no much longer than one month we're gonna get this three movies. And then Suicida Squad. Oh lawd hold me.

Penguin

Suicide Squad by a country mile

Then Batman v Superman

Then actually TMNT 2 (I am and will always be a Turtles fanboy!)

Then Civil War

Then X-Men

For non-comics, interested in the video game movies Warcraft>Ratchet>Angry Birds>Assassin's Creed

Finding Dory
The Jungle Book
JASON Friggin Bourne! (though hate the name!)
Ghostbusters
Star Trek (I guess, been quiet on that front)
The Purge...
Fantastic Beasts

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, I was just making some food. Phone in the other room. Deciding to check Twitter, the tickets were available! Freaked the fuck out, almost dropped my phone. Try to order them, error.

Opened up my laptop, got 4 tickets. 2 for the midnight release, and 2 for the Sunday after. So fucking pumped, bring it! All great seats too.

Yager

Banned
Then actually TMNT 2 (I am and will always be a Turtles fanboy!)

Haven't seen the first one yet. How is it?

I've got to say that from those videogame movies, the only one I'm a little insterested in is Assassin's Creed, and only because of Fassbender.

Firemind

So, I was just making some food. Phone in the other room. Deciding to check Twitter, the tickets were available! Freaked the fuck out, almost dropped my phone. Try to order them, error.

Opened up my laptop, got 4 tickets. 2 for the midnight release, and 2 for the Sunday after. So fucking pumped, bring it! All great seats too.
Where? Pathé has bugger all for the past weeks but I haven't checked today.

strafer

What did you make?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Where? Pathé has bugger all but I haven't checked today.

Rotterdam, Schouwburgplein. They posted it on Twitter and there they were. Should be the same in other countries that have Pathé.

Civil War will pick up right around the time of BvS's release. There's no point having their marketing going 100% while Batman V Superman hype is at an all time high. It's similar to not hearing anything except a trailer for BvS when Star Wars was in full force.

I'm sure it will be fine but I still think it's pretty bad market strategy. BvS is atleast going to dominate mind share for the first two weeks of april, and that leaves less than 2 weeks for the April 29th release date. Attaching a civil war trailer to BvS would make a lot of sense and I expect it at this point.

I don't think it's reaching the hype levels an avenger film usually gets, but tbf it is marketed as a Cap film with a lot of cameos.

Everyone forgets X-Men is in May too :(

lmao, for whatever reason I thought July or June or something. I'll end up seeing both. People hating on it, but at least Singer is consistent and established as an X-men director. I'm happy to see nightcrawler again, was super disappointed he wasn't in x3.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I can go to Amsterdam Arena but that's like a 40 minute drive + parking.

Someone convince me IMAX is worth it.

3D kinda sucks, but the screen and audio are just so much better than the regular versions. For a movie like this, I think it's worth it. Parking in Amsterdam is a pain in the ass tho.

40 minutes to Amsterdam? Sounds to me there is probably a Pathé closer to you than that.

Penguin

Haven't seen the first one yet. How is it?

I've got to say that from those videogame movies, the only one I'm a little insterested in is Assassin's Creed, and only because of Fassbender.

I enjoy it for the most part

Like you can tell at one point the villain was a single character that they switched after filming

And loathe Turtles design, but some good action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom