• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Here's Harley's

CdIuiVuW4AAyBRf.jpg

Never saw the news about Ricardo Segarra being casted for some role.

He's a big guy, I wouldn't mind a latino Shazam. I always found it odd there's so few latino heroes, considering they're massively under represented.

Have no idea what movies he's been in. He could be Kyle Rayner as well.

The sad thing is though there are a vocal group that just want that; scenes lifted straight from comic-book strips that involve CGI figures going through walls.

Somewhere, somehow, there are people who have rewatched the Hulkbuster scene in Avengers 2 countless times.

Personally, I love the artistic trailers of Man of Steel, especially the teasers with the shots of sea water rushing on rocks; seagulls; a foggy Smallville at dawn. Just beautiful shots. That appealed to me.

It made me want a Terrence Malick Superman movie that's for sure.

Dead

well not really...yet
Personally all the shots used and Zimmer's "Journey to the Line", for me, made the Comic Con MOS footage one of the best trailers/sizzle reels for a CBM ever produced. It was powerful stuff and ended up loving the final product.

I think though the "punchy comic book stuff" is unfortunately a direct result at the feedback or complaints from Superman Returns. Again, I liked the action in MOS and never really sat around to think about "those affected by Superman's want for destruction" given it's just a movie. lol

The positive side of course is that it's seemingly made for a great narrative to set up what is now Batman v Superman, so score for everyone! lol
The one thing I felt was missing most from Man of Steel was more scenes of Clark traveling the world.

I felt they should have leaned more on Superman Birthright (definitive modern Superman origin story IMO) for inspiration and have had Clark be an amateur photographer or whatever traveling around. They definitely established he's been wandering around for a long time trying to find himself, I just wish wed seen more of it.

Also I hate the product placement. The Smallville action scenes are great, I just hate the use of brands like ihop and sears, it just comes off as cheap

Zack Snyder claims he talked to Christian Bale for a role in BvS. Not Batman. Can't tell if he's joking.

Owlman, Prometheus, or Wrath would be pointed casting.

Simo

The one thing I felt was missing most from Man of Steel was more scenes of Clark traveling the world.

I felt they should have leaned more on Superman Birthright (definitive modern Superman origin story IMO) for inspiration and have had Clark be an amateur photographer or whatever traveling around. They definitely established he's been wandering around for a long time trying to find himself, I just wish wed seen more of it.

Also I hate the product placement. The Smallville action scenes are great, I just hate the use of brands like ihop and sears, it just comes off as cheap

Oh yeah there's a bunch of stuff they could of improved and expanded. I mean I'd be happy with a 3.5 hour cut of the film to see some of that stuff or even the filmed stuff like more of the oil rig rescue and whatnot. Love Birthright too and figured Supes first flight and in Africa was a nod to that!

Zack Snyder claims he talked to Christian Bale for a role in BvS. Not Batman. Can't tell if he's joking.

Eh that would of been pretty stupid honestly so glad that idea got axed. It's a new universe and new Batman. We know the Nolans film exist so there's point throwing in the previous actor who played the role even if it's just a wink to the audience.

The sad thing is though there are a vocal group that just want that; scenes lifted straight from comic-book strips that involve CGI figures going through walls.

Somewhere, somehow, there are people who have rewatched the Hulkbuster scene in Avengers 2 countless times.

Personally, I love the artistic trailers of Man of Steel, especially the teasers with the shots of sea water rushing on rocks; seagulls; a foggy Smallville at dawn. Just beautiful shots. That appealed to me.

but you can't have a whole (comic book) movie be just that.

So now that we know she's in the movie; will she be in a wheelchair or walking?

Assuming this is real, I'd say we're getting wheelchair bound Barbara. Probably Oracle. I'm not even the biggest Oracle fan and I find this fantastic. As long as she's not Carrie Kelly, I'm very okay with this. ^^

I'm struggling to understanding the logic behind keep it a secret. Sure, Jena's character can be referenced and that in itself is a surprise. But from time to time the deep secrecy about these films is lost on me.

Tabby

I'm struggling to understanding the logic behind keep it a secret. Sure, Jena's character can be referenced and that in itself is a surprise. But from time to time the deep secrecy about these films is lost on me.

Some people just like to go in completely blind and be completely shocked that they're in the movie.

It's like when The Flash TV show references and shows Supergirl. Can you imagine us not knowing beforehand and then just watching the episode? We'd be freaking the fuck out.

Regarding the list. Don't believe everything aw you know the rest.

Some people just like to go in completely blind and be completely shocked that they're in the movie.

It's like when The Flash TV show references and shows Supergirl. Can you imagine us not knowing beforehand and then just watching the episode? We'd be freaking the fuck out.

From a business sense, I mean. Take Luke in Star Wars 7. That is, to me, smart because it makes audiences want to go asap to be in on it.

Simo

"Would you like for us to focus our advertising on a character and actor you won't even see in theaters? Oh, OK!"

lol

They were both attached to the same project a number a years back. It was going to be Zack's first non-genre movie.

I remember there were a few shops of Bale as Luthor floating around when fans were talking about who should get the role.

MisterHero

I hadn't visited the toy aisle in Target/Walmart in sometime, but the all the stuff for BvS was looking terrific. It felt like marketing was spot-on whereas the internet has me thinking that it's a mire of mediocrity.

Granted, maybe a movie that features Batman is MADE to sell toys, but the toys were pretty good. The Multiverse line is turning out really cool! I didn't know they were making a Calvin Ellis President Superman figure!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

they tip toed around it, the EW dude said she wasn't Batgirl, but didn't say anything about her not being Barbara Gordon.

I guess they wanted to keep her role secret until the r-rated version was released.

Simo

I hadn't visited the toy aisle in Target/Walmart in sometime, but the all the stuff for BvS was looking terrific. It felt like marketing was spot-on whereas the internet has me thinking that it's a mire of mediocrity.

Granted, maybe a movie that features Batman is MADE to sell toys, but the toys were pretty good. The Multiverse line is turning out really cool! I didn't know they were making a Calvin Ellis President Superman figure!

Hmmm I haven't paid a visit to Target or Walmart in a while either. I was going to check out Walmart last weekend but talked myself out of it because during MOS my local Walmart had a few of the 3-3/4" basic stuff and no Movie Masters and that was it.

Now I'm curious to see what they have. lol

Dislike his description of how Batman sees Supes at the end of the movie. It implies
Batman wins their fight
, which is so ridiculous and frustrating to me as a Superman fan that it can take me out of the movie.

Magwik

Banned
Was talking with a friend recently and we came to the conclusion that it's strange people don't (jokingly) quote stuff from Man of Steel as they do with TDKR. There's plenty of material there too, mostly Zod's stuff.

So the Box Office Z guy is back and he sorta hints that
Superman flies Doomsday into the Sun
. This lines up with something someone said somewhere.

guek

Banned
Was talking with a friend recently and we came to the conclusion that it's strange people don't (jokingly) quote stuff from Man of Steel as they do with TDKR. There's plenty of material there too, mostly Zod's stuff.

I don't ever hear it referenced in real life but online you see plenty of Pa Kent gifs and an occasionally "where did you train? ON A FARM??!"

Penguin

I quote

"You're a monster! And I'm gonna stop you!"

All the time.

i don't hear any of this superhero shit quoted in real life. who does? lol

the most i heard was like a couple why so serious? back in tdk days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom