• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

3D kinda sucks, but the screen and audio are just so much better than the regular versions. For a movie like this, I think it's worth it. Parking in Amsterdam is a pain in the ass tho.

40 minutes to Amsterdam? Sounds to me there is probably a Pathé closer to you than that.
Yeah, but it's in 3D without IMAX. For some reason Pathé doesn't offer IMAX 2D.

IMAX is amazing if it's 2D and not worth it if it's 3D.

Really that simple.
I see. Fuck you, Pathé.

guek

Banned
Hmm there are still good seats left for opening night at my local theater with assigned seating. Impulse buying is becoming more and more tempting...

I hope for his sake he his playing Hal. If not the backlash of all the teasing might not be pretty.

I don't see why they'd bother keeping Green Lantern a secret though considering they've already named the casting for every other Justice League member so far. I think he's just playing up to the hype for publicity right now.

Tabby

I don't see why they'd bother keeping Green Lantern a secret though considering they've already named the casting for every other Justice League member so far. I think he's just playing up to the hype for publicity right now.
Exactly. If he is playing Green Lantern then we would have known by now.

There's no reason why they'd announce who's playing and cameos for Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman but not Green Lantern.

I think there's very little to gain from WB not announcing GL's casting. I mean we know who is playing Cyborg and he's not even Cyborg in this film.

Just saying GL fans shouldn't get their hopes up.
You can join me at the Shazam table.

BadAss2961

I doubt WB would keep Hal a secret this long just to have the actor spoil it a couple weeks before BvS.

Everyone kept quiet about their JL roles until they went official. Momoa had to lie about Aquaman for months.

I think there's very little to gain from WB not announcing GL's casting. I mean we know who is playing Cyborg and he's not even Cyborg in this film.

Just saying GL fans shouldn't get their hopes up.
You can join me at the Shazam table.

Don't even know why they'd be getting their hopes up. Not like he screams "quality acting". I mean, I haven't seen the Hallmark movie "William and Kate", but he doesn't exactly have the best resume, even in comparison to Gal Gadot.

Bigby

Just 3 of them right now:

CdH_GizUAAACfCl.jpg

That's cute that rope guy is getting a pity poster. Enchantress is my fav out of those 4.

Don't even know why they'd be getting their hopes up. Not like he screams "quality acting". I mean, I haven't seen the Hallmark movie "William and Kate", but he doesn't exactly have the best resume, even in comparison to Gal Gadot.

I don't think too many heroes required a wide acting range. The only time I've thought of Hal being real deep is dealing with being a mass murderer & a god, but they've essentially retconned his responsibility for that away. Otherwise I think of him as kind of thrill seeker maverick that relies on his gut feeling. A more tame Guy Gardner :p.

Shazam > Green Lantern

The truth hurts, don't let Halfans hear that though :3

i wonder if dc fanboys would be as salty about race-swapping as some marvel dorks online.

because i was thinking michael b jordan would be an awesome dick grayson tbh. i wonder if he'd even be considered/agree to it considering his last comic book effort and the amount of shit he got for it. but if they ever start casting for that part i seriously think he should be on that shortlist.

enchantress logo is the best. haha these are all so tacky but so fitting to their style.

Enchantress' is definitely best, but Slipknot's is good too.

The deadest kid I know, he's got a good poster.

i wonder if dc fanboys would be as salty about race-swapping as some marvel dorks online.

because i was thinking michael b jordan would be an awesome dick grayson tbh. i wonder if he'd even be considered/agree to it considering his last comic book effort and the amount of shit he got for it. but if they ever start casting for that part i seriously think he should be on that shortlist.

ooh, he'd be great as Dick.

The only Robin who definitely shouldn't be black is Jason because jesus making the only ex-criminal Robin black would be a mess.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

I'm more than good with that.

Rope guy tramp stamp tattoo incoming! Who's with me?

enchantress logo is the best. haha these are all so tacky but so fitting to their style.

Well considering so far in the DCCU we have Hawaiian Aquaman, black Deadshot, black Perry White, Asian Mercy Graves... and the maybe the most jarring of all, a Native American Slipknot, I'm guessing that maybe they'd actually get away with that.

Wanted that back in 2013 when the Nightwing rumors came about. And when Ezra Miller's name came with the rumors, I wanted him for Jason Todd.

Always peculiar how the Robins were dead-ringers for a younger Bruce. Wouldn't mind mixing it up for movies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

off-topic, but I started watching The Wire like 3 weeks ago and just now realized he played the kid that gets killed by Brodie and Poot on season 1.

Well considering so far in the DCCU we have Hawaiian Aquaman, black Deadshot, black Perry White, Asian Mercy Graves... and the maybe the most jarring of all, a Native American Slipknot, I'm guessing that maybe they'd actually get away with that.

didn't realize that. yeah there's been a lot of precedent already in the DCU

but you could argue that possibly aside from aquaman (and even that's debatable), none of them have as big a following as nightwing.

off-topic, but I started watching The Wire like 3 weeks ago and just now realized he played the kid that gets killed by Brodie and Poot on season 1.

Avon and Wallace reunion in Creed breh.

and Wallace/D'Angelo reunion in Friday Night Lights.

Effect

I think DC fans would overall might be more accepting of it. DC I believe has embraced their multiverse far more then Marvel has outside of Spider-man section of Marvel. The Crisis events at DC have multiple versions of characters (different ethnicities, genders) that might show up. It wouldn't be anything new. The more minor the character is the easier it is to make changes and go with that change as the primary. If it's a bigger character you just have to do it and push through with it and make sure the depiction is good. Like when they changed the West family on the Flash. What the TV show did was really good when it came to actors, story, etc. The comics on the other dropped the ball badly from what I can tell and that was why there was considerable push back. You can't make the change and push out crap story wise. The characters still have to be written well regardless of their gender and skin color. Kaldur/Aqualad on Young Justice was really popular and one of the best characters on the show. Granted he was new but he did take the name Aqualad from Garth/Tempest and in that universe Garth never became Aqualad.

Now I think some people that will complain and moan about it no matter what and more so if it's not down well. However from what I've seen in some places like comicbookresources when it comes to some of those people their issue at times could be something far darker. In that case to hell with them.

The films and live action tv shows have always been very different from the comics anyway. Perry being black in MoS/BvS as said above. Changes to Aquaman. So it would be par for the course for a lot of people if they decided to make Dick Grayson for example black. They've already made that change on the Wally West level like I said too.

Rooster12

Never cared for Nightwing or any of the Robins much at all.

Batgirl is still my favorite Batfamily character.

I'd rather see a Barbara Gordon or Cassandra Cain movie than one of the Robins.

I enjoy Man of Steels narrative up until after the smallville fight. Everything afterward is weaker on plot but really awesome comicbook punchy puch fufhty fighty sequences.

The sad thing is though there are a vocal group that just want that; scenes lifted straight from comic-book strips that involve CGI figures going through walls.

Somewhere, somehow, there are people who have rewatched the Hulkbuster scene in Avengers 2 countless times.

Personally, I love the artistic trailers of Man of Steel, especially the teasers with the shots of sea water rushing on rocks; seagulls; a foggy Smallville at dawn. Just beautiful shots. That appealed to me.

Simo

The sad thing is though there are a vocal group that just want that; scenes lifted straight from comic-book strips that involve CGI figures going through walls.

Somewhere, somehow, there are people who have rewatched the Hulkbuster scene in Avengers 2 countless times.

Personally, I love the artistic trailers of Man of Steel, especially the teasers with the shots of sea water rushing on rocks; seagulls; a foggy Smallville at dawn. Just beautiful shots. That appealed to me.

Personally all the shots used and Zimmer's "Journey to the Line", for me, made the Comic Con MOS footage one of the best trailers/sizzle reels for a CBM ever produced. It was powerful stuff and ended up loving the final product.

I think though the "punchy comic book stuff" is unfortunately a direct result at the feedback or complaints from Superman Returns. Again, I liked the action in MOS and never really sat around to think about "those affected by Superman's want for destruction" given it's just a movie. lol

The positive side of course is that it's seemingly made for a great narrative to set up what is now Batman v Superman, so score for everyone! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom