• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madchad

Booked in to see Man of Steel - Batman V Superman IMAX double bill at my local cineworld for next Thursday with 4 mates will be epiiiic

Just watched the Suicide Squad trailer again (the one intended for general release)...

I almost can't believe that that is going to be their followup to their cinematic universe launch. It's just so unbelievably off-the-wall looking. Certainly not like anything I've ever seen out of a comic book movie. It's the kind of thing where if it flops or hurts the brand we'll be calling DC/WB idiots for attempting it and if it succeeds it'll be a clear sign of genius because without genius nobody would ever think of it.

I think it's gonna be the latter. Shit looks great.

Gleethor

Just watched the Suicide Squad trailer again (the one intended for general release)...

I almost can't believe that that is going to be their followup to their cinematic universe launch. It's just so unbelievably off-the-wall looking. Certainly not like anything I've ever seen out of a comic book movie. It's the kind of thing where if it flops or hurts the brand we'll be calling DC/WB idiots for attempting it and if it succeeds it'll be a clear sign of genius because without genius nobody would ever think of it.

I think it's gonna be the latter. Shit looks great.

Apparently certain people in the know have seen early cuts of SS, and apparently its pretty great.

strafer

That's a tiny mouse

ben-affleck-bruce-wayne-batman-vs-superman.jpg

How often do they record and release a podcast? I could see this being the HitFix stuff from a few weeks back.

It's a pretty wide gap. I remember Jon Schnepp announcing on one of his youtube shows that he was going to be on Fatman on Batman the next day, and the episode didn't air until the following week. So it's most likely the HitFix report.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yea this has always been a thing. I remember in some interview during the MoS press tour she was asked what villains she would like to see in the future. She said Bizarro.

2 Henry's.

Fucking hell :lol

Let me guess; he heard it from Faraci?

lol. You mean THE only person reporting mixed reviews that I can find?

Guys... Stop with this shit. People are allowed to dislike something, and vocalize their dislike of something, especially when they're film bloggers whose job is to do that shit.

All the harassment of Faraci and other people who aren't into what DC is doing is just embarrassing and makes DC fans look like clowns.

Just because someone isn't actively fueling your hype doesn't mean they deserve your ire.

Penguin

Guys... Stop with this shit. People are allowed to dislike something, and vocalize their dislike of something, especially when they're film bloggers whose job is to do that shit.

All the harassment of Faraci and other people who aren't into what DC is doing is just embarrassing and makes DC fans look like clowns.

Just because someone isn't actively fueling your hype doesn't mean they deserve your ire.

Devil's advocate, Faraci admitting that... does bring to light a certain angle on his DC reporting.

I mean everyone has their biases, but you try to keep them inside when a reporter. Being overt with them... leads to situations like this

But I do agree, being aggressive or snarky to any and everyone who may or may not like something you enjoy is just as bad

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Tbf this is the first time I've actually referenced Faraci (usually I just say I don't care what he says), and only because that is pretty much the only source Bernardin could have heard it from.

Devil's advocate, Faraci admitting that... does bring to light a certain angle on his DC reporting.

I mean everyone has their biases, but you try to keep them inside when a reporter. Being overt with them... leads to situations like this

But I do agree, being aggressive or snarky to any and everyone who may or may not like something you enjoy is just as bad

Well, Faraci is a little more than a reporter. He's also a critic, and I think the point of him publishing that post is that there's no such as in impartial critic. A review is an account of someone's subjective experience with a film, and there's no way that can be impartial. Every critic, whether it's Roger Ebert, A.O. Scott, Faraci, or Harry Knowels have their own opinions on what works, what doesn't. They each have their own biases in film. That's not a bad thing, it's simply a human thing.

If Faraci's tastes don't align with yours, don't put a lot of stock into his reviews, that's ok to do! But he's not doing anything wrong by feeling the way that he does.

Just my 2 cents.

IconGrist

Well, Faraci is a little more than a reporter. He's also a critic, and I think the point of him publishing that post is that there's no such as in impartial critic. A review is an account of someone's subjective experience with a film, and there's no way that can be impartial. Every critic, whether it's Roger Ebert, A.O. Scott, Faraci, or Harry Knowels have their own opinions on what works, what doesn't. They each have their own biases in film. That's not a bad thing, it's simply a human thing.

If Faraci's tastes don't align with yours, don't put a lot of stock into his reviews, that's ok to do! But he's not doing anything wrong by feeling the way that he does.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't mind he admitted to having a bias. I don't think anyone does. The problem was him shitting on the project at just about very turn while pretending he didnt have a bias.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

In the podcast was talking about the hitfix report, though. A lot of people ran with it, and it spread quickly.

guek

Banned
I don't mind he admitted to having a bias. I don't think anyone does. The problem was him shitting on the project at just about very turn while pretending he didnt have a bias.
Faraci comes across as a blogger that the internet treats like a journalist because he used to be one.

ryan299

Frosty says international press are seeing the film tonight and they're doing interviews tomorrow.

Deadline. Coming after release sucks

Conan O’Brien’s late-night show has landed the sit-down with the stars and director of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Ben Affleck, who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman, and Henry Cavill, who plays Clark Kent/Superman, will be joined by fellow cast members Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Laurence Fishburne, Gal Gadot, Holly Hunter and Diane Lane. Director Zack Snyder also is set for Conan‘s Thursday, March 31 telecast. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on Friday, March 25.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Just my 2 cents.

Fanboys have biases too. Does not mean their opinion on everything needs to be respected or not criticized. He has a hatred for everything DC so when people mock him they are doing exactly what you are advising they do ( bolded ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom