• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus that shot of Bruce on the ground seeing the heat vision. That's actually pretty freaky. First time since x2's Whitehouse attack where it really sells superpowers in the real world imo and how fucked things could get for the normal ppl

Agree with those two. Dr Manhattan in Watchmen exploding people into gibs is another. It's gross.

OYY10wH.gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Guys... things are looking real good!

2m2 minutes ago

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty

Just spoke to someone that's not the biggest superhero movie fan and he absolutely LOVED Batman v Superman. Said it's his favorite so far.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Guys... things are looking real good!
Bullshit Faraci said today it's getting mixed reactions.

lol

I'll try to avoid spoilers for JL, good thing we don't have to wait 3 years like with this thing.

Penguin

Well promising

https://twitter.com/Deadline/status/709565305312313344

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-...ahead-deadpool-avengers-furious-7-1201720435/

Latest word on advance tickets sales for Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases. One non-Warner Bros. analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M.

Dead

well not really...yet
$160 would be very solid. Anything north of $180 would be amazing

Getting to $200 would be phenomenal.

If the movie outgrosses Avengers at the WW BO, WB will go crazy and greenlight Sucker Punch 2: Electric Boogaloo to reward Snyder.

Bleepey

180m-200m ow is not looking unlikely now.

I don't know why everyone is acting surprised. If Deadpool can pull in $135 mill with only one star who has had a string of flops leading up to the film and most of its marketing online and from word of mouth. Then BvS with positive word of mouth, brand recognition and everything from fictional airline spots to fictional travel guides to everything and anything under the sun being merchandised should do $200 mill easily. Don't even get me started on Jurassic World. Full disclaimer I ain't seen it, but word of mouth from critics and average film goers said the film was nothing special yet people kept seeing it. I still don't get it.

Cooter

Oh man! If this ends up with solid reviews and a 200+ OW and good legs I shudder to think what JL will be capable of.

Draconian

$160 would be very solid. Anything north of $180 would be amazing

Getting to $200 would be phenomenal.

If the movie outgrosses Avengers at the WW BO, WB will go crazy and greenlight Sucker Punch 2: Electric Boogaloo to reward Snyder.

I could see this. His schedule has an open slot in 2022. They could make it happen.

Cooter

I'm still expecting $195m - $205m.
I've predicted 205 for a month now and if it happens it has a chance for biggest WW OW. China may be good for 100 alone. Exciting times for DCEU fans like us and the implications a huge BO will have on the future films.

Effect

So be careful people. It seems those that don't give a F about others are hitting twitter and youtube comment sections with the spoilers, even in unrelated topics. So be wary of comment sections on pretty much any site. Standard twitter and facebook rules apply. Don't use them or double check who you're following and maybe turn off retweets. Didn't run into any of this myself but heard about it on another forum. It's what was feared but thought I'd give the heads up all the same.

duckroll

Are they really having tons of screenings, or are there just a ton of people claiming to have been to screenings? I'm still not sure which is which!

Cooter

If they are really gonna be having a lot of them, then they are confident and want the word to get out, spoilers be damned
Exactly. This is a good sign. After the early fan screenings next week positive buzz will be out of control. You already can assume it will be positive because you are showing thousands of hardcore DC diahards. It's a brilliant marketing campaign.

guek

Banned

Advance ticket sales aren't great for predicting an accurate OW but that's pretty promising nonetheless.

Though this little snippet from the article does give me a bit of pause

deadline said:
Average age for a Thursday night audience member is 30.3 years old versus Jurassic World’s average opening night ticketbuyer of 30.6 years old. Guys per Movio are anticipated to rep 82% of the Thursday night audience, compared to Jurassic World’s 64% male on Thursday night.

For comparison, google tells me Deadpool had its OW audience made up of 38% females, Avengers was 40% females. Even Man of Steel had an OW audience that was 44% female. More likely than not, this just means that advanced ticket buys are more likely to be men for this movie and the female audience % will go up drastically on opening weekend. At least that's what I think will happen.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Are they really having tons of screenings, or are there just a ton of people claiming to have been to screenings? I'm still not sure which is which!

There was the exhibitor screening a few days back. Some members of the international press got to see it in another screening. Then there are some random screenings in Pakistan apparently where they screened it. Lol I am not sure which ones actually happened but if all of them did then it feels like overkill when there are still a few days to go for the movie.

Penguin

It is also Warner Bros fault for having so many screenings before releasing it to the public. Is this normal?
Actually, this has been a very quiet screening season for this movie.

I've seen films weeks, sometimes months out

I saw Kingsman twice before it released.

Yeah, I think there's been a handful but so many people claiming this and that, it mostly gets mudded on what's fact and fiction

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Wow. Never knew this was a thing. Hmm.. wonder how Studio's prevent spoilers from going out then. Do you sign some NDA's before entering the theater? Some of the people claiming to have seen it ( like the pakistan one for example ) dont seem to have signed any NDA's.

guek

Banned

I never saw you answer publicly in the thread - did you get to see BvS already at a screening?

duckroll

Wow. Never knew this was a thing. Hmm.. wonder how Studio's prevent spoilers from going out then. Do you sign some NDA's before entering the theater?

It really depends on the film. The thing is, you must realize that a single preview screening is ultimately just a couple of hundred people at most. Most of those people will not care to go online and specifically talk about spoilers. Other than press screenings, NDAs and embargos aren't really a thing. But security does tend to be extra tight with regards to possible recording devices, etc.

generic_username

It really depends on the film. The thing is, you must realize that a single preview screening is ultimately just a couple of hundred people at most. Most of those people will not care to go online and specifically talk about spoilers. Other than press screenings, NDAs and embargos aren't really a thing. But security does tend to be extra tight with regards to possible recording devices, etc.

Oh interesting. Damn I hope everyone can stay spoiler free for a few more days. I am just hoping I dont mess it up on the fan screening day when there is going to be an avalanche of spoilers out in the wild. Will only browse GAF and nothing else.

Quite surprised there are bootleg pics from screenings! I'm guessing security was lax in whatever country they were taken from for that screening. The screenings i've been to had a zero tolerance for phones and they implied they'd like, straight up shoot me and my cat for having a phone. I know when i saw Kingsman two weeks early we were supposed to turn them completely off and never reach for them during the movie, and for Ant-Man which i saw a week and a half early we straight up could not have them with us and had to put them in numbered baggies outside the theatre on a table by security.

duckroll

Quite surprised there are bootleg pics from screenings! I'm guessing security was lax in whatever country they were taken from for that screening. The screenings i've been to had a zero tolerance for phones and they implied they'd like, straight up shoot me and my cat for having a phone. I know when i saw Kingsman two weeks early we were supposed to turn them completely off and never reach for them during the movie, and for Ant-Man which i saw a week and a half early we straight up could not have them with us and had to put them in numbered baggies outside the theatre on a table by security.

You could bring your phones in? Wtf. I saw Star Trek 2009 early at a preview screening and they had a full security team collecting phones before the screening. One guy came in late and brought his phone in, was really obnoxious about it, 20 mins into the film he was taken outside and came back in without his phone. Lol.

You could bring your phones in? Wtf. I saw Star Trek 2009 early at a preview screening and they had a full security team collecting phones before the screening. One guy came in late and brought his phone in, was really obnoxious about it, 20 mins into the film he was taken outside and came back in without his phone. Lol.

I think it depends - I've been to three movie screenings (Evil Dead, Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, Winter Soldier) and two show screenings (Doctor Who both times). For the movies, they took my phone. For the shows, we kept our phones - but we were asked kindly not to record anything + keep our phones in our pockets.

since we're sharing screening stories, my only claim to fame was seeing Zombieland about 3 weeks early at my university. Was totally last minute on my part and so so worth it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Outside of eager fans that got to see the movie early as a +1, no professional reviews have hit. Embargo is over on the 22nd, iirc.

Boooo. Ohh well, single digits....like 8 days to go (not counting today).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom