• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Superman's in his mid thirties in Batman v Superman. He is indeed old enough to be a grandpa. Cutting it real close, but I'll allow it.

I enjoyed Gal's scene with Affleck, more than that Amy Adams scene. I just could never buy into Amy Adams being Lois Lane.

Someone made a comment about Amy when MoS came out and it has been stuck in my head ever since. Actually I think it was Grace Randolph that said the casting of a redhead as Lois was a mistake because they basically casted Lana Lang to be Lois. I know it's a super nit picky fanboy compliant but I would be lying if I were to say it didn't bother me. Also I guess I have a bit of a bias toward Amy Adams because she does not fulfill my dream casting of Mila Kunis as Lois Lane. Otherwise, Amy's performance was fine. I personally dig the spunky LL even if all her lines weren't all there.

IconGrist

Someone made a comment about Amy when MoS came out and it has been stuck in my head ever since. Actually I think it was Grace Randolph that said the casting of a redhead as Lois was a mistake because they basically casted Lana Lang to be Lois. I know it's a super nit picky fanboy compliant but I would be lying if I were to say it didn't bother me. Also I guess I have a bit of a bias toward Amy Adams because she does not fulfill my dream casting of Mila Kunis as Lois Lane. Otherwise, Amy's performance was fine. I personally dig the spunky LL even if all her lines weren't all there.

Mila Kunis was your dream casting? I mean I like Mila Kunis but there's just no way I would have bought that. To each their own though.

Also, I forgot who it was that asked some time ago but that Hollywood Reporter interview reconfirmed that the DCEU movies are director driven rather than how Marvel does it. Each movie will have certain things it needs to accomplish as part of the larger universe but for the most part the director is free to make the movie they want.

Ashhong

I dont understand the Lana Lang comparison here..

strafer

Man, Ben is really hauling ass.

KThg6Tt.gif

Dysun

I don't think we've seen enough of Amy Adams as Lois to gauge whether or not she was the perfect fit.

At least it wasn't instantly bad like Bosworth Lane

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Lois Lane is pointless character so it does not matter who plays it. Amy Adams is over qualified for that role.

Man, Ben is really hauling ass.

KThg6Tt.gif

Dat Batfleck determination...

a916

“Online, everyone’s like, “Oh, they’re doing an R-rated in reaction to Deadpool,” and you’re like (laughing), “We didn’t just shoot it last week, and we also didn’t edit it last week.”

Snyder on the Rated R cut LOL... just keeps it real.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love it. Having Junkie XL contribute was an excellent call. Makes Zimmer sound that much fresher.

I hold both the MoS and the Fury Road soundtrack in the utmost highest regard, they are some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. JXL is an amazing producer, his trek to Hollywood soundtrack fame is remarkable. The has been a Dutch house producer for decades, I can still hardly believe he's come all this way. Much deserved.

Totally throwaway character in the overall scheme, but I love Laurence Fishburne. He was excellent in MoS as well, he just has a great on-screen presence.

rokero

finally got my tickets I'm officially 7 days 6 hours and 36 minutes away from watching my childhood dreams come to life

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
More impressions - Brazilian Reporter ( looks like press screenings happened today in Brazil? ) Anyways https://twitter.com/LeoLins/status/710300572604170242?s=09

Translation - "Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill are awesome , Snyder found the right tone as Watchmen and Lex is very well represented . He was concerned , but the film is awesome. "

rokero

lol that Bruce Diane scene. What does he think he can do to her? I'm guessing he doesn't who she is?
I don't think he does, thats why we have the is she with you line It seems nobody knows of her, probably people think WW is a myth or legend told by WW1 soldiers

Firemind

Oh my god I accidentally stumbled on the new footage on youtube. Eisenberg is absolutely going to slay this role.
Bruce x Diana

Oh my god I accidentally stumbled on the new footage on youtube. Eisenberg is absolutely going to slay this role.
Bruce x Diana

I finally gotten the strength to stop lurking in the BvS spoiler thread... but I can't help but watch every piece of footage they throw at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom