• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Frosty from Collider is seeing it tonight.
This is one impression I'm anxious to hear.

Yeah, I also think it will be better received than MoS if only for the fact that all indications are Terrio knocked it out of the park with his script.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I think it will be better than MoS, but still not particularly good, and that the critical consensus will reflect that.

We'll see in a few days, though.

Oh that is my prediction as well. But.... you never know with these things. Lets all hope Snyder has learnt from his mistakes and has learnt how to combine stunning imagery with a little bit of character depth and good pacing.

I saw F4nt4stic Four on Tuesday. It was a mistake.

And I love the FF...

Lol why would you do that? That movie could turn anyone off CBM's all together.

Oh that is my prediction as well. But.... you never know with these things. Lets all hope Snyder has learnt from his mistakes and has learnt how to combine stunning imagery with a little bit of character depth and good pacing.

I just wanted to see it out of curiosity...but you could tell like less than 5 minutes in that it completely missed the point of F4 (I don't say that as an expert, just someone who loves them) altogether in ways even so called misfires like MoS don't.

Also....holycrap just heard "Is She With You"....Zimmer...so good.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

These guys get Batman and Superman.

I just wanted to see it out of curiosity...but you could tell like less than 5 minutes in that it completely missed the point of F4 (I don't say that as an expert, just someone who loves them) altogether in ways even so called misfires like MoS don't.

Also....holycrap just heard "Is She With You"....Zimmer...so good.

Ha Ha. Watch Incredibles again to wash away the bad taste and get your close knit family superhero fix.

Tabby

I take it like this, if the movie was terrible we would've known by now. So at the very least, it seems to be decent? Certainly not the trainwreck some made it out to be.

Everything up 'til now has always pointed to this being at least decent. Affleck wouldn't have signed on if he knew it was going to be garbage and Eisenberg wouldn't be gushing over Terrio.

Ashhong

I didn't think FF was that bad. I don't know much about FF so I don't know if it got the actual characters right, but as a movie overall, I thought it was average. Then again, I didn't think Green Lantern was terrible either so what do I know.

Simo

Snyder confirming that additional 30 minutes for the R cut:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-v-superman-married-creative-874799?utm_source=twitter
What was the mindset behind the film being PG-13 in theaters but R-rated on DVD?

DEB Online, everyone's like, "Oh, they're doing an R-rated in reaction to Deadpool," and you're like (laughing), "We didn't just shoot it last week, and we also didn't edit it last week."

ZACK The why of that is [the DVD version] is a half-hour longer, and some of that additional material is some of the stuff we took out for the rating. I was like, "Cool, I can put it back in for the director's cut." There was nothing by design. This was the material I just put back in, and then when [the MPAA] looked at it again, they were like, "Oh, now the movie's rated R." And, by the way, it's not a hard R. There's no nudity. There's a little bit of violence. It just tips the scale.

I wonder why they submitted the director's cut to the MPAA, do they plan on doing a limited-run of screenings? Typically when a studio puts out a PG-13 movie's director cut that would've been R, they just call it "Unrated." You have to spend a pretty penny for an MPAA rating, I believe, and depending on the store, the movie is going to be age-gated at the register now.

Simo

I wonder why they submitted the director's cut to the MPAA, do they plan on doing a limited-run of screenings? Typically when a studio puts out a PG-13 movie's director cut that would've been R, they just call it "Unrated." You have to spend a pretty penny for an MPAA rating, I believe, and depending on the store, the movie is going to be age-gated at the register now.

He likely wasn't too sure if it would push it over R or not but originally took out the scenes to be safe since he needed a PG-13 rating for the theatrical release. I take it the general public wouldn't be too thrilled in buying their 13 year olds or kids a "Unrated" DVD if they had no idea of the extra content too since a lot of perception there is "Unrated could mean more sex, nudity, gore and violence!".

Bleepey

https://www.quora.com/Motion-Pictur...ation-of-America-charge-to-have-a-movie-rated

Doesn't seem that dear.

So using the RT average critics rating and the last few cbm flicks from each studio where could you see it ending up?

TDKR: 8/10
DOFP: 7.6/10
Ant-Man: 6.8/10
AOU: 6.7/10
MOS: 6.2/10
Amazing Spider-man 2: 5.8
FF: 3.4/10

Simo

So did WB pretty much tell Hitfix, BMD, i09 and any other site/blog that featured negative stories or features to fuck off for their junket? lol

Just wondering because other sites that didn't have that sort of coverage over the last 2-3 years like Frosty over at Collider is there and doing cast interviews. lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So using the RT average critics rating and the last few cbm flicks from each studio where could you see it ending up?

TDKR: 8/10
DOFP: 7.6/10
Ant-Man: 6.8/10
AOU: 6.7/10
MOS: 6.2/10
Amazing Spider-man 2: 5.8
FF: 3.4/10

wow the average rating for AoU is not that far from MoS.

Gaf was talking so much shit about DoFP before it released, that movie was so great. Apocalypse is going to be just as good, in Singer I trust.

So did WB pretty much tell Hitfix, BMD, i09 and any other site/blog that featured negative stories or features to fuck off for their junket? lol

Just wondering because other sites that didn't have that sort of coverage over the last 2-3 years like Frosty over at Collider is there and doing cast interviews. lol
Collider didn't post clickbait garbage like every week about this movie. They act a lot more professional when it comes to that stuff.

Tabby

wow the average rating for AoU is not that far from MoS.

Gaf was talking so much shit about DoFP before it released, that movie was so great. Apocalypse is going to be just as good, in Singer I trust.

I didn't even realise people were talking shit about DoFP. That movie was so good.

Not really. The word they got was it's full, likely due to the amount of Intl press. Plus, I remember Collider having some pretty negative posts about BvS - most notably that "If you didn't like MoS, Snyder says you're stupid" one.

Tabby

DoFP is probably my favorite X-men movie.

If I had to rank them, DoFP > First Class > X1 > X2.

It was mostly the marketing, not the movie itself after release. Apocalypse's marketing has been pretty mediocre too but Singer makes pretty good movies so here's to hoping.

I have to agree with them honestly. The trailers don't look that good but I trust Singer so I'm going to be there day 1.

Yager

Banned
Zack dropping truth-bombs about how the general audience sees the DC vs Marvel "battle" and the "2edgy2dark4me" complaints. Great interview.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
THR_Deborah_and_Zack_Snyder__78A4284.jpg
Zack Snyder WW cameo as a WW1 soldier apparently lol

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-v-superman-married-creative-874799?utm_source=twitter

DEB Zack and [DC chief creative officer] Geoff Johns have outlined a timeline of where everybody is based off of, where our characters go in Justice League.
Seems like GJ is a big part of the DCEU.

El Mayimbe reported that they just handed him scripts to see if stuff was fine, but that doesn't seem to be the case to me.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Zack dropping truth-bombs about how the general audience sees the DC vs Marvel "battle" and the "2edgy2dark4me" complaints. Great interview.

''If you don't like this movie, there is something wrong with you''

I can see the headlines already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom