• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, product placement is annoying if it makes no sense within the context of the scene.

For example, in MoS, Superman is drinking a Budweiser, just casually. This I have no problem with because its not out of place in the context of the scene.

Whereas the whole Sears really is annoying because It stands out and looks fucking weird.

Subtle product placement is fine really

For me, product placement is annoying if it makes no sense within the context of the scene.

For example, in MoS, Superman is drinking a Budweiser, just casually. This I have no problem with because its not out of place in the context of the scene.

Whereas the whole Sears really is annoying because It stands out and looks fucking weird.

The thing is it kind of does work in the context of Smallville. Those towns are all franchises these days.

The thing is it kind of does work in the context of Smallville. Those towns are all franchises these days.

Eh, The IHOP thing was fine, just like the Baskins and Robbins thing in Ant Man was fine, because it helped to progress the plot and didnt feel like a advert plot cul de sac

I just . . . I just cant make this work in my mind ha ha. Its just a bit to blatant.
lead_large.png

Caode

Let us not forget one of the great champions of shameless product placement

The Island

As for Man of Steel, I was never really bothered with the product placement all that much, it never took me out of the film at any point. The 'Sears' thing was maybe a bit too in your face but other than that, everything else was fine.

shingi70

Banned
Ugh, really fucking annoyed that may Job denied my requested day cause this other asshole requested the same day off two months before me.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
No, individual associate crítics put up their scores, no review needed. Haven't you heard of the Critic's Choice Awards?

Ah yes I have. Did not know about this site though lol. So it does not say how many reviews have been submitted right?

Edit I think based on your comment I may be wrong. How many were submitted so far?

Raptor

Soundtrack is incredible. This Is My World is just, sheesh..

Right in the feels.

I so agree with you here, I just listened to it and god damn, tragic, melancholic, atmospheric, heroic, you name it.

Is straight up top tier work there.

Raptor

From 2:00 and forward on the This is my World track it reminds me of LOTR FOTR when they get out of Moria, such a memorable scene with an incredible music, if they do in this movie what they did in LOTR this scene must be memorable, I dont want to set my expectations too high but goddamn this track.

Can't wait for the salt.

I hope they lift the embargo early, will make the weekend that much more entertaining :p.

I don't mind product placement too much, unless the character is doing something like drinking a soda and looking into the camera. This is suppose to be Super Heroes in our world. That being said, I'd love to see a soder cola poster or Big Belly Burger.

They should give Booster a suit full of ads.

Ashhong

The Sears stood out a little, but it still made as much sense as the Budweiser. I hope the Coke placement isn't too bad in the movie, it'll just give people yet another dumb thing to complain about.

Watched Public Enemies last night, it was enjoyable enough. Animation was poor and there wasn't much of a story. Started Flashpoint and was liking it much more. Better style, better writing, more story. Need to finish it today

SJRB

Gold Member
The Batman Suite is so fucking HYPE, holy shit.

How can you not get pumped when listening to this? It's beyond epic.

Simo

I so agree with you here, I just listened to it and god damn, tragic, melancholic, atmospheric, heroic, you name it.

Is straight up top tier work there.

Haunting, sinister and dark too. Great score but I'm a little disappointed Superman's main heroic theme from MOS isn't really there, kind of what you hear in "Flight" and the end credits "What are you going to do when you are not saving the world?". Though thats kind of the problem when you only get 90 minutes of a score from a 180 minute movie. lol

Still, would of been interesting to hear Junkie's complete take on the Batman stuff since that was supposed to be the plan but Zimmer ended up collaborating on that stuff too.

Simo

Fandango has 2 new featurettes up for Batman and Superman with interviews and footage:
https://twitter.com/MOVIECLIPS

Looks like some sites and blogs like ComingSoon.net/SHH! will be liveblogging the press conference at the junket in 20 minutes!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Playstation has a special where if you purchase any Batman or Superman related movies or videos on the store you'll get $8 movie cash for BvS. Bought TDKR and got the email coupon.

Penguin

Guys need to chill out for a bit.

Only a week. Don't go getting yourself crazy for every emoji or random star rating. Just breathe.

Watch Daredevil.

Check out the DC Superhero Girls Special tomorrow morning!

Fandango has 2 new featurettes up for Batman and Superman with interviews and footage:
https://twitter.com/MOVIECLIPS

Looks like some sites and blogs like ComingSoon.net/SHH! will be liveblogging the press conference at the junket in 20 minutes!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Playstation has a special where if you purchase any Batman or Superman related movies or videos on the store you'll get $8 movie cash for BvS. Bought TDKR and got the email coupon.

This is on any service really.

Vudu also has it, and if you buy the movies in-store.

Ashhong

I'm really upset that all of these movie cash coupons and shit are coming out now, but weren't available on the first day of ticket sales. Big middle finger to people like me who bought the tickets on the first day. Thinking of cancelling my Fandango and repurchasing, but they are primo IMAX seats and dont want to take the risk.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Apparently somebody there jokingly rated it 10/10 but then couldn't remove it which is why it's rated that way. lol

Doubt that, he broke nda and is backpeddling. I'm pretty sure that site can remove a score if you fucked up.

There was another score that got removed, from Carrie Keagan. she gave it a 90.

strafer

complaining about how fake the cgi is on a real statue is a new low...even for Neogaf.

sometimes I wish this movie didn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom