• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
I matched with a cute girl on tinder and we got into a debate about BVS's plot holes. I tried explaining the Martha moment, why Wonder Woman couldn't just speak doomsday and whilst I conceded some points she refused to even listen to my points and moved goalposts constantly. She unmatched me

Worth it.

Sounds like she dodged that gas pellet better than Superman

Tabby

I matched with a cute girl on tinder and we got into a debate about BVS's plot holes. I tried explaining the Martha moment, why Wonder Woman couldn't just speak doomsday and whilst I conceded some points she refused to even listen to my points and moved goalposts constantly. She unmatched me

Worth it.

You did the right thing, I'm proud of you.

We haven't had an Eh Maybe rumor in a while. His latest is an implication Affleck's Batman may have commonalities with Fincher's The Game. Interesting if true and there are a number of Batman stories that lend themselves to it, most notably Hush.

any Fincher inspiration for Batman would be a good thing. loved The Game.

If that's what is being namedropped right now seems like we might get a pretty decent mystery throughout Gotham City. Keeping Bruce out of the loop making him investigate into things.

She said why couldn't Superman give the spear to Wonder Woman. I told her WW was holding Doomsday with her lasso

I will quote Icon here:

The Icon said:
What bothers me is "Why didn't Superman give the spear to Wonder Woman" and it comes from a lot of the same people who say Cavill's Superman isn't being Superman. Him not giving that spear to Diana is the very definiton of why he's Superman. When has Superman ever burdened someone else to put their life on the line for his own safety?

By the way, guys, watch the allegory video again. I think the uploader has added a couple more footage, namely the fist and abomination scene and the water displacement theory.
https://vimeo.com/189876347

a916

This is a dumb thing to ask... but congrats to Gal.

Wouldn't this really affect DC plans? I guess JL/WW being done, she doesn't have much to do for a year.

Wouldn't this really affect DC plans? I guess JL/WW being done, she doesn't have much to do for a year.

Only thing it really affects is the press tour for WW. Outside of that, she's not needed for anything until next Fall at the earliest.

Penguin

She's had a busy year

She deserves some time off.

And really with Justice League 2 seemingly on the backburner, should be fine... as long as JL doesn't need any pick up shots.

Also interview/quotes from everyone's favorite CEO!

This year, for instance, some reporters and bloggers took gleeful delight in beating up Warner over the poor critical response to “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad.” Lost in the criticism, Mr. Tsujihara and other members of his executive team think, has been the films’ financial success: “Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad” collected a combined $1.6 billion worldwide.

But what about those bad superhero reviews? Analysts worry that the impact of less-than-fulfilling movies like “Dawn of Justice” could be felt down the line, perhaps when consumers weigh whether “Justice League” is worth their money.

Mr. Tsujihara said he was confident that management changes he has been making (putting a pair of executives, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, in charge of superhero movies, for instance) will make for more satisfied fans. With any luck, even a critic or two could come around. “The thing that really makes me confident is that I’ve seen ‘Wonder Woman,’ and it’s great,” Mr. Tsujihara said.

Think the stuff you folks care about

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/08/b...etly-thriving-recasts-its-own-story.html?_r=0

Ahasverus

So, apparently JL is looking amazing. And Aquaman will take Flash's date (and viceversa).
Berg — who oversaw the Christopher Nolan Batman movies which, if you might recall, were slightly successful — is viewed as a brilliant guy in-house and is really the one everyone trusts to make the whole thing go the way it should. The mid-stream course correction is only unfortunate because it’s happening in public, but people are actually feeling good about things there in Burbank for the first time in a while.

Why? Because, apparently, Justice League looks dynamite. Totally different from anything Snyder has done before and, in fact, reasonably coherent as a movie.
http://www.tracking-board.com/the-c...d-vision-at-warner-bros-and-dc-entertainment/

Ahasverus

One more for the rumor mill, the villains in Wonder Woman seem to be Duke of Deception and Dr Poison.

zatL0eR.png

806230-drpoison08.jpg

Ahasverus

I'd take this with a grain of salt. Just someone with a "connection" to inside information. Snyder is viewed as some hack inside WB, who got lucky with 300, but they continually give the man work for over a decade? Come on.
Tbh that outlet is one of the most reliable ins perspective ones. They have nailed every rumor.

Ross61

So, apparently JL is looking amazing. And Aquaman will take Flash's date (and viceversa).

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-c...d-vision-at-warner-bros-and-dc-entertainment/
Something bothers me about this rumor reporting. If true, something which was meant and intended to be a private conversation has hit the internet. Why is the first thing that comes into your mind after having a private convo with someone you can atleast call an associate if not friend to report what they said to you (which does not represent the company as a whole) to the internet at large? That's really some sucka shit if you ask me. I don't care how you feel about your precious little holy favorite comic characters, there is some amount of class that should displayed at all times.

Ahasverus

Something bothers me about this rumor reporting. If true, something which was meant and intended to be a private conversation has hit the internet. Why is the first thing that comes into your mind after having a private convo with someone you can atleast call an associate if not friend to report what they said to you (which does not represent the company as a whole) to the internet at large? That's really some sucka shit if you ask me. I don't care how you feel about your precious little holy favorite comic characters, there is some amount of class that should displayed at all times.
I don't think the guy would publish the article without the source permission. That would mean no new scoops.

Ross61

I don't think the guy would publish the article without the source permission. That would mean no new scoops.

Some of the stuff said about the company in that article put WB in a bad light. I can't imagine a high ranking executive wanting that kind of information out there.

Tbh that outlet is one of the most reliable ins perspective ones. They have nailed every rumor.

Huh. Never heard of the site before today.

he wouldnt get away with half the shit he has under any other studio tbh

He might actually get to release the movie he intended to though. Outside of Man of Steel, which I'm sure there is another version sitting somewhere, what's the last movie he got to release as intended? 300?

Dead

well not really...yet
Huh. Never heard of the site before today.

He might actually get to release the movie he intended to though. Outside of Man of Steel, which I'm sure there is another version sitting somewhere, what's the last movie he got to release as intended? 300?
it would be 300 actually.

Even Legend of the Guardians he mentioned he ended up making way darker than WB would allow and things were changed for the finished film.

Honestly the issue is that Snyder is at his core a Hard R director, and he has been trying to make that work as best as possible under big budget and PG13 conditions (or PG in Guardians case)

Ninjimbo

it would be 300 actually.

Even Legend of the Guardians he mentioned he ended up making way darker than WB would allow and things were changed for the finished film.

Honestly the issue is that Snyder is at his core a Hard R director, and he has been trying to make that work as best as possible under big budget and PG13 conditions (or PG in Guardians case)
It reflects well on Snyder at least that he is willing to alter that much of his movie just to make WB happy. It's probably why he's lasted as long as he has.

I need some goddamn DC news to breakup the nonstop Trump shit. Please WB, please.

Well, you won't have to suspend your disbelief when Lex Luthor becomes the President in the movies!

Here's the current President dressed up as Nite Owl for Halloween

And you can the Flash cameo in Suicide Squad officially released here,

https://youtu.be/wh9pBZRFeTs?t=50

And, um, Nicholas Cage thought Batman v Superman was excellent. He couldn't say the same about Suicide Squad.

Gleethor

Came here for the president Luthor parallels. I didn't think that they could pull that storyline off after having him committed to Arkham, but fuck it, its buyable.

Donald Trump is a candidate for President of the United States.

Lex will be fine, I'm sure of it.

Came here for the president Luthor parallels. I didn't think that they could pull that storyline off after having him committed to Arkham, but fuck it, its buyable.

I mean, I called it in September. President Lex would totally work in this universe.

Actually, it made more sense before having Superman sacrifice himself for humanity because the xenophobia angle would have played better with a Superman with unknown intentions. I'm not so sure now.

Haha, yea, he was like "I liked Deadshot" and left it at that.

only thing to like in the movie. bless up to nic cage.

would have been an interesting lex. a shame we didn't get to see him as superman, i can't even imagine what Burton's Superman was like. but I think it would have been dope, the director was killing it until planet of the apes.

IconGrist

I was going to post the Double Toasted review of the latest Wonder Woman trailer but between all the shit talking about her theme, DC fucking up origin stories, and still acting like Thomas Wayne being aggressive before he was shot was a Snyder thing, I decided against it.

Ashhong

I was going to post the Double Toasted review of the latest Wonder Woman trailer but between all the shit talking about her theme, DC fucking up origin stories, and still acting like Thomas Wayne being aggressive before he was shot was a Snyder thing, I decided against it.

Thanks to your post I'm watching it anyway. Damn you

edit: I have never ever seen a video by these guys. Fucking annoying. I hate you so much Icon.

Gleethor

I actually like the double toasted guys a lot, but yeah they're pretty down on DC right now. Hope Wonder Woman is good enough to pierce the veil of doubt surrounding the DCCU right now.

Double Toasted guys are funny and got killer rapport. Our opinions never line up but that's not why I check in.

Anyway, in putting together quick gif to show how dorky the Batman vs Deadshot confrontation was, I noticed they used the same shot of Deadshot pulling out his pistol twice. Ended up looping by accident.

Penguin

Have we gotten info on the differences between Squad versions yet?

Like we have a general idea of what the footage is, but curious if any cuts/edits and when it's placed in the film

How did David Ayer drop the ball on action that hard. Even that little confrontation is lame, and screams coddling Will Smith. Batman shoulda knocked his ass out instantly

DT liked the WW trailer, dont know what yall are talking about.

Christina Hodson is working on the script of an Untitled DC Movie. My guess? Harley.

El Maybe posted it on The Wrap, to add an air of legitimacy: http://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn-birds-of-prey-christina-hodson/

Screenwriter Christina Hodson is scripting the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spinoff for Warner Bros. and DC Films, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

The film is not a Quinn solo movie, but rather would feature multiple female superheroes — and possibly villains — in the DC Comics universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom