• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Fits the show, then.

giphy.gif

I'm confident they will show something from Aquaman. Whether they release it online is another matter though. And I'm praying things are going well with Snyder and he will make an appearance.

Ashhong

Would Snyder make an appearance for his movie while Joss is there saying he's too busy working on that same movie to attend? Idk...

Since that Suicide Squad "leak" became huge, Warners and other studios see the value in releasing the footage. Must've realized the people nitpicking unfinished details are irrelevant. And that people will go the panels regardless of exclusive footage.

Since that Suicide Squad "leak" became huge, Warners and other studios see the value in releasing the footage. Must've realized the people nitpicking unfinished details are irrelevant. And that people will go the panels regardless of exclusive footage.

Yup - hell, they were even putting stuff out from the panel that year (which made the decision to hold off on Squad even odder).

My gut feeling on the likelihood of stuff happening at SDCC:

JL Trailer - 100%
Aquaman footage (Cinema Con BTS or actual teaser) - 98%
Surprise Zack Snyder appearance - 85%
Wonder Woman 2 and Patty Jenkins returning official announcements - 98%
Matt Reeves appearance - 50%
Flash director announcement - 50%
Updated short term slate of upcoming films (stuff 6-18 months away from filming, not stuff years out) - 35%

Anyone know what else Warner Bros would bring to Comic Con this year? I would think Godzilla 2 is too far out for anything even though they're currently filming. Fantastic Beasts 2 starts soon so that's out. I guess that leaves Blade Runner 2049 and Tomb Raider. Can't think of too much outside of that. Could be a DC heavy focus this year.

My gut feeling on the likelihood of stuff happening at SDCC:

JL Trailer - 100%
Aquaman footage (Cinema Con BTS or actual teaser) - 98%
Surprise Zack Snyder appearance - 85%
Wonder Woman 2 and Patty Jenkins returning official announcements - 98%
Matt Reeves appearance - 50%
Flash director announcement - 50%
Updated short term slate of upcoming films (stuff 6-18 months away from filming, not stuff years out) - 35%

Maybe they'll announce who'll be playing the role of Batgirl.

Busty

Banned
Anyone know what else Warner Bros would bring to Comic Con this year? I would think Godzilla 2 is too far out for anything even though they're currently filming. Fantastic Beasts 2 starts soon so that's out. I guess that leaves Blade Runner 2049 and Tomb Raider. Can't think of too much outside of that. Could be a DC heavy focus this year.

Ready Player One might get some kind of 'first look' exposure there. I think they've probably got enough of Rampage to show something of that too. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Johnson himself was present in a video message or something.

As for the DCU I think we'll get video messages from Zack and Joss and I have a feeling that there could be some Harley Quinn related announcements.

J_Viper

I'm dying to see what Rampage looks like

Ready Player One is gonna bomba

I just want Matt Reeves and Ben to come on stage, announce their Batman plans, then drop a smoke bomb and disappear

Ross61

I'm dying to see what Rampage looks like

Ready Player One is gonna bomba

I just want Matt Reeves and Ben to come on stage, announce their Batman plans, then drop a smoke bomb and disappear

Think you have Ready Plater One and Rampage mixed up for the bomba

Ready Player One might get some kind of 'first look' exposure there. I think they've probably got enough of Rampage to show something of that too. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Johnson himself was present in a video message or something.

As for the DCU I think we'll get video messages from Zack and Joss and I have a feeling that there could be some Harley Quinn related announcements.

I honestly didn't know either of those were actually in production. Felt like they were announced forever ago and then nothing happened.

Ross61

Ehhhhhh I know the book is fantastic, but it just reminds me concept wise so much of Tomorrowland.

Jude Law's casting has sold me on that movie, despite not finishing the first one

I just don't see how a movie about "gamerz" doesn't bomba

Don't really see any argument how a well made movie about "gamerz" does. Let's be honest, this movie will live and die on the RT score.RT score is highly or even adequate, no chance of bombing.

J_Viper

There's no way The Kekster isn't in Batman, right?

I mean, I think seeing those two together, over ten years after TDK, would print money

Joe Mangianello basically grew a similar beard. But he's taller than Manu as well, I think he would have been a great deathstroke. But not main villain in a Batman movie material.

Though I doubt that was ever the plan.

I would be really surprised if a man like Reeves goes for Deathstroke. Like, Jeez.

a916

I would be really surprised if a man like Reeves goes for Deathstroke. Like, Jeez.

Deathstroke is a master tactician... but honestly, a Riddler one would be dope, just not sure how the set pieces play out. Don't think Reeves gives a crap about set pieces though... but BVS was dragged across the coals for not having enough and having too much (at the same time...)

Deathstroke is a master tactician... but honestly, a Riddler one would be dope, just not sure how the set pieces play out. Don't think Reeves gives a crap about set pieces though... but BVS was dragged across the coals for not having enough and having too much (at the same time...)

Reeves will go for something personal.

Ross61

There's no way The Kekster isn't in Batman, right?

I mean, I think seeing those two together, over ten years after TDK, would print money

i think they build up to him. Especially after his the reception from SS. I mean with or without Joker Batman prints money.

I hope we get some firm dates for 2019 because of how barren 2018 is on movies. I'm still pissed off about that, we already went through 3 years of nothing after MoS.

This would be totally unlikely but a new Bats, Supes, and WW in 2019 would be so baller

My best guess is WW2 & Batgirl for 2020, Batman 2019, Squad 2 2019, and possibly Flash.

JLD always seems like it's gaining traction then loses it. Shazam still hasn't landed a director and honestly I think Black Adam's films will arrive before it will. All the other franchises have no directors. I think MoS sequel is still more likely than most of the franchises.

Ross61

I feel like once Annabelle:Creation finally hits and and positive reception stays the same and breaks the bank WB will announce Sandberg as Shazam director. And as soon at IT knocks it out of the part, Andrés MuschiettI'd getting named JLD director.

Top Bottom