• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

We've reach that point haven't we? The point where everyone comes out of the woodwork with a trailer description of something we'll see at SDCC.

Always fun to read though.

Ninjimbo

If Aquaman gets teased, I hope it's better than the stuff in that description. How many weeks does Aquaman have under production anyway? I can't imagine them having much of anything to show.

I feel there will be less than JL last year or Suicide Squad the year before.

I could see something like the Batman and Superman stare down from 2014, that was shot for SDCC. Plus a look at Aquaman's new suit, Black Manta, and maybe Ocean Master.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If Aquaman gets teased, I hope it's better than the stuff in that description. How many weeks does Aquaman have under production anyway? I can't imagine them having much of anything to show.

Aquaman is a pretty heavy CG film, makes sense why the post-production is going to take so long. I'd be impressed if they showed more than a 1 minute teaser, when it's still filming. WB big focus is going to be JL.

Ashhong

It would just be quick cuts, similar to that description probably. Wasn't it the same with JL last year? Or the BvS teaser

Not to sound too selfish, but I hope Mr. Snyder worked on the SDCC trailer before he took his leave.

The BvS SDCC trailer is so good. I want another trailer like that that's longer than usual.

Aquaman began shooting in the beginning of May, I believe.

Around that time, yeah. They also took short break, at least for Momoa and maybe Heard, for JL reshoots. Only about week, but still.

it aint gon happen but gawddamn i want edgar wright to direct flash ayyyy

He talked about it briefly,

re: Ant-Man departure
The most diplomatic answer is I wanted to make a Marvel movie but I don’t think they really wanted to make an Edgar Wright movie. Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there really.

re: directing a DC movie
I don’t know. I’m really not too familiar with their heroes, so I couldn’t say which one I would do.

So, very slim chance of him taking on another project like Ant-Man, with characters he's less into. But it's not a no! Something something 1% chance absolute certainty Dick Cheney Batman.

So, very slim chance of him taking on another project like Ant-Man, with characters he's less into. But it's not a no! Something something 1% chance absolute certainty Dick Cheney Batman.

Lol. Would be dope. I think he could make a GOAT-tier superhero movie. Oh well, I'm glad baby drivers success will let him continue doing his thing. Anyways I think Justice League will almost certainly get a mediocre critical response at best but I'm really excited for the action scenes. And I hope that the Diana we see in this is a bit more like she was in WW and less like in BvS. Aquaman and Flash look so dope too

And they gotta give Batman another scene similar to the warehouse sequence.

Also the cinematography in Dawn of the Apes and the War trailer looks beautiful. Reeves' Batman movie could potentially be the best looking superhero movie even over the dark knight trilogy and some of Snyder's stuff

shingi70

Banned
Screw a warehouse fight, I want a huge set piece based off this.

batman-v-superman-38-gif-yo-yo-batman-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif

Just a whole five minutes of Batman taking dudes out 1 by 1.

Lol. Would be dope. I think he could make a GOAT-tier superhero movie. Oh well, I'm glad baby drivers success will let him continue doing his thing. Anyways I think Justice League will almost certainly get a mediocre critical response at best but I'm really excited for the action scenes. And I hope that the Diana we see in this is a bit more like she was in WW and less like in BvS. Aquaman and Flash look so dope too

And they gotta give Batman another scene similar to the warehouse sequence.

Also the cinematography in Dawn of the Apes and the War trailer looks beautiful. Reeves' Batman movie could potentially be the best looking superhero movie even over the dark knight trilogy and some of Snyder's stuff

Yeah. And chances are Reeves will bring in Giacchino to score Batman, which is potentially hit or miss tbh. Guy can do great work and apparently War for Apes is some of his best. But his recentl stuff for Star Wars, Spider-Man, and Jurassic World are a little blah.

Screw a warehouse fight, I want a huge set piece based off this.

https://wtfbabe.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/batman-v-superman-38-gif-yo-yo-batman-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif[/img

Just a whole five minutes of Batman taking dudes out 1 by 1.[/QUOTE]

I'd love a scene like that, but at the same time BvS only showing the aftermath of the attack was great.

shingi70

Banned
Where is this from? I have read Super Sons and that wasn't in there, iirc.

It's from the current rebirth Suoerman book, it's the same writer as Super aeons and they work as companion pieces to each other. The super sons title is born in concept out of an arc in the superman series.

Ashhong

Yes and no. I'll never not laugh at TDKR disco Bat with the gunshot strobe effect. Cool idea, shit execution.

Matthew Vaughn did that in Kick Ass set to possinly one of the greatest OST tracks, "Surface of the sun". One of my hypest theater moments ever when I heard that track start up. Not to mention it was in first person

Top Bottom