• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Loxley

cZHJ2EX.gif

One of the coolest shots in the trailer imo.

Nyanmaruz

I was sorta expecting Henry Cavill to film a short video greeting the fans and adressing why he couldn't make it to the panel. Then assuring the fans like "Don't worry, even though I am not here, Superman is definitely in the Justice League."

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, can we now put to bed that those are tattoos and that it isn't Superman?

They're just scan lines from the hologram following the contour of the 3d model's leg. You can see them moving in the shot as well. Bruce is studying that bio son.

EDIT - The more I view that scene... I think it may be a video message that Bruce is playing back. Maybe Clark recorded it and stored it on the old Kyrptonian ship or hid it somewhere for Lois to find? It's kind of odd that a hologram in which Bruce would be studying for biology needs would have the full animated cape and his supersuit on. I really think he's watching a video message.

Thank you, can we now put to bed that those are tattoos and that it isn't Superman?

They're just scan lines from the hologram following the contour of the 3d model's leg. You can see them moving in the shot as well. Bruce is studying that bio son.

Wait... people didn't realize it was a scan line or similar effect from the hologram?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... people didn't realize it was a scan line or similar effect from the hologram?
Read that OT thread... it's a nightmare. Everything from tattoos to the leg not looking "masculine" enough so it must be Supergirl... I'm like, c'mon people you can't be that stupid.

Funny thing is, there's an explanation of why it could be Supergirl. Darkseid and Steppenwolf first invaded Earth thousands of years ago and were fought off.

In the lore of Man of Steel, Kara landed on Earth thousands of years ago in the scout ship. There's an empty pod on that scout ship.

In that same scene we see Bruce standing in front of a mother box. Perhaps the hologram is a historical record of how they stopped the invasion last time?

Funny thing is, there's an explanation of why it could be Supergirl. Darkseid and Steppenwolf first invaded Earth thousands of years ago and were fought off.

In the lore of Man of Steel, Kara landed on Earth thousands of years ago in the scout ship. There's an empty pod on that scout ship.

In that same scene we see Bruce standing in front of a mother box. Perhaps the hologram is a historical record of how they stopped the invasion last time?

It's possible.

I'm guessing from that trailer that Steppenwolf first arrives on earth via Themyscira, decimating Hippolyta's forces before going for Atlantis and then the rest of the league.

Wonder Woman 2 will therefore probably be Diana trying to find her way back to Themyscira (assuming her mother telling her she may never return was actually true) to make sure her homeland wasn't completely destroyed by Steppenwolf. It could also answer how Steve and the Germans were able to get to Themyscira in the first movie.

Guffers

That's an awesome take. I fully endorse this idea.

BadAss2961

I'm pretty sure it's her after seeing that gif. The cape, the boots, the colors. It's Superman's clothing with a girl's leg.

The hologram looks straight out of Injustice 2 Supergirl.

I'm guessing from that trailer that Steppenwolf first arrives on earth via Themyscira, decimating Hippolyta's forces before going for Atlantis and then the rest of the league.

Wonder Woman 2 will therefore probably be Diana trying to find her way back to Themyscira (assuming her mother telling her she may never return was actually true) to make sure her homeland wasn't completely destroyed by Steppenwolf. It could also answer how Steve and the Germans were able to get to Themyscira in the first movie.

Hasn't most of the speculation for WW2 centered on it being another period piece set in the 80s?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

GOD DAMMIT!!! You're probably right... Fuuuuuuuuuuck. I didn't do my frame by frame breakdown of the trailer yet and I missed that both of those scenes are in the same place... FUUUUUUUUUU!

Now I look like a dummy. I was wondering how Bruce was viewing a hologram, since it didn't appear he was in the Batcave there. Damn that's good stuff.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How exactly can you tell it's a "girl's figure"? You don't see anything other than half of the back of a leg?
I can KINDA see where people are pulling it from, but I thought it was a stretch due to the angle/rotating camera and the contour lines causing a slimming effect on the model. But it's where the back of the knee is (more specifically the width of the knee above the calf)... It does looks a little more "slim" than what Cavill's looks like.

9pEWgyl.jpg

Yup, that whole Kara thing is from the prequel comic, written by Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer, and Geoff Johns.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I have seen a theory before that we might see her in the flashback. It'd be pretty cool to see Supergirl there, though I would still prefer to get her in the present with Superman and the Justice League...but I'll take what I can get.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, that whole Kara thing is from the prequel comic, written by Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer, and Geoff Johns.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I have seen a theory before that we might see her in the flashback. I'd be pretty cool to see Supergirl there, though I would still prefer to get her in the present with Superman and the Justice League...but I'll take what I can get.
How the hell did I not know about this comic??!?? I kept wondering where everyone was getting this Supergirl stuff from. I figured it was just a theory that people went with.

I don't know why people in the comic con trailer thread are complaining about cgi battles.

What else were they expecting from a film adaptation of the Justice League superhero comics? They aren't exactly grounded in realism lmfao.

Zmqor.gif

ReiGun

I love that the first 30 seconds of the trailer is just Wonder Woman being cool.

WB knows where their bread is buttered now.

I don't know why people in the comic con trailer thread are complaining about cgi battles.

What else were they expecting from a film adaptation of the Justice League superhero comics? They aren't exactly grounded in realism lmfao.

Zmqor.gif
Just going by what we've seen of the potato cam footage, expect this same sort of thing for Infinity War.

I love that the first 30 seconds of the trailer is just Wonder Woman being cool.

WB knows where their bread is buttered now.

Just going by what we've seen of the potato cam footage, expect this same sort of thing for Infinity War.

Hell, Thor more or less looks the same way. You can tell these films are just locking themselves away in sound stages now with minimal props for sets and green screen cause the environments don't look natural at all.

BadAss2961

Not that I can find.

EDIT - I lied, found it

http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/justice-league/
Nice... KDash must be using this since those gifs look way too good to be from youtube.
Which is probably due to the lines of the hologram.
You only see the lines in the legs where a pattern would be. Plus they're gold colored, which fits Supergirl.

On second look, I see the lines creeping into the boots as well. So you're probably right on that front. But that leg is still girly.

Dierce

I think the person Alfred is talking to at the end of the trailer is Aquaman. 'He said you'd come'.

We already saw from the first trailer that Aquaman is reluctant to join and it seems more likely for Alfred to react that way than if it were Superman.

I think the person Alfred is talking to at the end of the trailer is Aquaman. 'He said you'd come'.

We already saw from the first trailer that Aquaman is reluctant to join and it seems more likely for Alfred to react that way than if it were Superman.

But why show that after you've seen Aquaman fighting alongside the League?

Firemind

But why show that after you've seen Aquaman fighting alongside the League?
Maybe it's in the beginning when Batman is trying to recruit everyone?

I mean, it doesn't make a whole lotta sense that Supes' big reveal in the film is him casually strolling by the batcave after he gets out of his coffin.

jackdoe

I mean, it doesn't make a whole lotta sense that Supes' big reveal in the film is him casually strolling by the batcave after he gets out of his coffin.
They'll show him wake up, he proceeds to go to door to the cave and winds up to punch, cut to Alfred working on the car, two ripples to show he punched through the door, look up, and oh it's Superman.

The bigger question is why the hell is Alfred casually doing auto work when it may be too late for Superman to help.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going frame by frame and there's not a whole lot of stuff to grab from it, but there are some things we can piece together some order of the shots...

First up - The shot of Batman on the gargoyle is probably right before he meets up with Gordon. Notice the same gargoyle's in the upper right of the frame...

Next, the "bank robbery" we see Diana stop, isn't a bank robbery. It's at a court house; notice what the text says where the arrow is pointing: "Central Criminal Court"

This is definitely Lois looking at the broken memorial

Interesting to note that the Amazon's aren't looking at the Mother Box in this shot. For some reason they appear to be facing each other, then turn their attention to the box when it starts to shake...

Diana is in Gotham in this scene. You can see the "Gotham City Bus" blue sign above her head

For some reason, this shot is mirrored. The text is backwards (as well as upside down)...

Best look at Steppenwolf's face

And finally, here's Batman saving the scientists which have gone missing

BadAss2961

Just seems unlikely that they'd leave a tease like that at the end, knowing people will speculate which secret character it is, only for it to be a bluff.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Also, not that it really matters, but Alfred is outside in that last shot. He's not in the Batcave. He's working on a car that's sitting in the driveway. I believe it's the same spot where Bruce pulls the tarp off the car in BvS when he heads to Lex's party.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's Superman. Why would there be added emphasis on the word Hope if it was anyone but Supes?

Guys, I'm trying not to get upset here.

Ashhong

"Let me make one thing clear, I'm still directing The Batman"

*spongebob 3 WEEKS LATER sign appears* "ehhhhhhbout that.........."

I mean, again, same thing happened with the directing. There was the rumor, he said he was hyped to direct, and next thing you know, he's no longer in the chair.

I think he'll do The Batman. I also think it's not outlandish to not take his statement at face value and believe he'll likely finish The Batman before moving on.

It would be nice, yeah.

All I'm saying is that he's not necessarily lying about it as people seem to think. Shit changes, and could very well change here in the future. Also he was nowhere near as enthusiastic about directing iirc

Off topic, just saw Dunkirk. Nolan is a fucking MASTER at his craft. Wow

Neophant

Look at it... Cavill's legs aren't so thin. Plus there's a pattern which Superman doesn't have.

Either the hologram isn't scaled perfectly, or it's Supergirl.

My guess is that it's Bruce learning about the Apokaliptan menace through a member of the Kryptonions who've fought them before. Maybe he retrieves the hologram in the Kryptonian ship from MoS and BvS (the same way Lex learns about alien life).

Ashhong

I'm going frame by frame and there's not a whole lot of stuff to grab from it, but there are some things we can piece together some order of the shots...

First up - The shot of Batman on the gargoyle is probably right before he meets up with Gordon. Notice the same gargoyle's in the upper right of the frame...

Next, the "bank robbery" we see Diana stop, isn't a bank robbery. It's at a court house; notice what the text says where the arrow is pointing: "Central Criminal Court"

This is definitely Lois looking at the broken memorial

Interesting to note that the Amazon's aren't looking at the Mother Box in this shot. For some reason they appear to be facing each other, then turn their attention to the box when it starts to shake...

Diana is in Gotham in this scene. You can see the "Gotham City Bus" blue sign above her head

For some reason, this shot is mirrored. The text is backwards (as well as upside down)...

Best look at Steppenwolf's face

And finally, here's Batman saving the scientists which have gone missing

I think the ship is overturned, which is why cyborg steps in and overrides the ship

Top Bottom