• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ashhong

Yeah, that makes sense why the text is upside down, but not mirrored, haha. I was going to put that in the pic description but thought it was obvious.

Can't tell when I zoom in on my phone, but it looks fine methinks. It's basically rotated 180, not flipped

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Can't tell when I zoom in on my phone, but it looks fine methinks. It's basically rotated 180, not flipped
Here, I rotated it 180 to his perspective... the text is still backwards.

Lf1jO64.jpg

All I'm saying is that he's not necessarily lying about it as people seem to think. Shit changes, and could very well change here in the future. Also he was nowhere near as enthusiastic about directing iirc

Oh, I don't think he's necessarily lying, but I'm also open to the idea the rumors are true. Neither here nor there really.

I wonder when WB is going to officially cancel Cyborg.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yup, that whole Kara thing is from the prequel comic, written by Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer, and Geoff Johns.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I have seen a theory before that we might see her in the flashback. It'd be pretty cool to see Supergirl there, though I would still prefer to get her in the present with Superman and the Justice League...but I'll take what I can get.

I actually prefer it this way, at the moment having kara there with Superman at the launch of Justice league feels a bit redundant considering how power they both are. Having her as a legendary badass as shows up later grants greater importanc to her character when she does show up. Also Steppenwolf mentions there being no Kryponian to defend earth/ Which means a Kryptonian probably existed to fight off his forces before either at Krypton or another planet. Considering a Kryptonian exists on earth the implication maybe is that was a Kryptonian that fought off his forces before that doesn't seem to be around anymore.

strafer

I'm going frame by frame and there's not a whole lot of stuff to grab from it, but there are some things we can piece together some order of the shots...

First up - The shot of Batman on the gargoyle is probably right before he meets up with Gordon. Notice the same gargoyle's in the upper right of the frame...

Next, the "bank robbery" we see Diana stop, isn't a bank robbery. It's at a court house; notice what the text says where the arrow is pointing: "Central Criminal Court"

This is definitely Lois looking at the broken memorial

Interesting to note that the Amazon's aren't looking at the Mother Box in this shot. For some reason they appear to be facing each other, then turn their attention to the box when it starts to shake...

Diana is in Gotham in this scene. You can see the "Gotham City Bus" blue sign above her head

For some reason, this shot is mirrored. The text is backwards (as well as upside down)...

Best look at Steppenwolf's face

And finally, here's Batman saving the scientists which have gone missing

That's some really interesting stuff.

And if that is indeed Supergirl then holy crap.

Trailer has some super hype stuff, especially Aquamayne. Not gonna pretend to be excited about Steppenwolf but eh, whatevs.

Their upcoming slate is interesting. I mean, Flashpoint seems so reactionary but the rest (except for Suicide Squad and Gotham City Sirens) is pretty damn cool.

How is Batman going toe to toe with a parademon. He's just a man.

BvS was all about Bats being a man and Supes not.

Guess that's another thing Bats was lying about smh.

Just watching the JL panel. Damn these guys are a riot, probably my favourite one out of all the ones I've watched. Ezra especially is hilarious.

strafer

Just watching the JL panel. Damn these guys are a riot, probably my favourite one out of all the ones I've watched. Ezra especially is hilarious.

Ezra is a delight yeah, I still remember him from Californication, I noticed it when rewatching it years later, didn't catch it the first time because he was unknown to be then.

bryanee

When they revealed the line up of DC movies did they show off logos for them? I remember reading something about the Flashpoint logo, is there a picture knocking about?

strafer

When they revealed the line up of DC movies did they show off logos for them? I remember reading something about the Flashpoint logo, is there a picture knocking about?

Yeah, I'm surprised someone didn't snap a picture, I really wanna see those logos.

Ahasverus

I miss the snyderism of the shots, the slow lingering pictures, the diffuminated colors.

The movie couldn't look more pedestrian if it tried.

Look how different Diana looks and FEELS from her solo movie. There she was this otherworldly perfect glowing woman.

Here in parts she looks like a middle aged mom with a cheerleader outfit.

Some shots also have the most obvious sense of "this is a set with a green screen" I've seen in a DC movie. Who would believe the Gordon scene is on a real rooftop? The DoF is all wrong!

That didn't happen with BvS. Sometimes shots looked very stylized, but never cheap.

I don know if it's because of Whedon or the new cinematography, but the movie is NOT to the up the level of other DC movies.

I'll blame Whedon.

shingi70

Banned
I miss the snyderism of the shots, the slow lingering pictures, the diffuminated colors.

Look how different Diana looks and FEELS from her solo movie. There she was this otherworldly perfect glowing woman.

Some shots also have the most obvious sense of "this is a set with a green screen" I've seen in a DC movie. Who would believe the Gordon scene is on a real rooftop? The DoF is all wrong!

That didn't happen with BvS. Sometimes shots looked very stylized, but never cheap.

I don know if it's because of Whedon or the new cinematography, but the movie is NOT to the up the level of other DC movies.

I'll blame Whedon.

Why Balme Whedon when Snyder decided to film the whole thing on a set.

I'm surprised becuase I think that the rooftop scene looks great.

One thing DC is still killing all competition with is the sheer presence and displays of strength when using their superpowers.

Diana busting through that door was dope.

trailer itself is eh. like on paper this and Infinity War should be so hype but after watching all 3 trailers I honestly think Thor 3 looks like the most fun movie to watch out of them.

still i'm looking forward to this because it's the justice league. and the roster and cast is flames except for cyborg. momoa looks like such a bro as aquaman I love that.

like on paper this and Infinity War should be so hype but after watching all 3 trailers I honestly think Thor 3 looks like the most fun movie to watch out of them.

Agreed completely

I'll still probably watch all three, but Ragnarok is my most-anticipated comic film (in general, not just of the 3) right now

J_Viper

Is this new JL footage even a "trailer" though? I can't imagine them sending out all four minutes of this to theaters.

I'm assuming the last trailer will be used instead.

Ashhong

Still don't understand wtf a Flashpoint logo is. Like, is there any description of it? How is it a Flashpoint logo and not just Flash?

Overall the panel was kind of disappointing. Absolutely no new information, basically just one trailer. Lame...

Thor looks fun, but how is it innovative? Looks like your standard CBM to me. It's still weird how Thor has become such a comedy

shingi70

Banned
Still don't understand wtf a Flashpoint logo is. Like, is there any description of it? How is it a Flashpoint logo and not just Flash?

Overall the panel was kind of disappointing. Absolutely no new information, basically just one trailer. Lame...

Thor looks fun, but how is it innovative? Looks like your standard CBM to me. It's still weird how Thor has become such a comedy

The panel was always going to disappoint it's a symptom of the DC Enteriament part of Warner Bros going through a soft reboot in terms of studio and movies.

Boke1879

Is this new JL footage even a "trailer" though? I can't imagine them sending out all four minutes of this to theaters.

It was called a "sneak peak" The thing was 5 minutes long. I doubt everything in it is finished. I just think it was something for the fans. We'll get a proper trailer down the line.

But yea Thor by far looks like a lot of fun. The change in direction they made was needed for people to gain interest and it's working.

Chop off the 1:15 off the front and start it with the shot of Themyscira and chop off the Superman tease at the end and it'd work as a trailer.

I see that WW passed Guardians in domestic gross, that's certainly a result I didn't expect when the summer movie season started especially after all the unfavorable whispers of the movie before it opened.

Ninjimbo

I'll blame Whedon.
You're crazy with that Diana take. She looked absolutely pedestrian in WW too. She looks no different here.

J_Viper

Chop off the 1:15 off the front and start it with the shot of Themyscira and chop off the Superman tease at the end and it'd work as a trailer.

I think you gotta keep that Superman tease

Cut the vanishing gag near the end with Gordon, because that shit didn't work at all.

Busty

Banned
Since we now know that they're adapting Flashpoint suddenly it makes sense why they are so eager to wait for Robert Zemeckis to become available.

The idea of the director of the Back To The Future trilogy, and VFX master, directing a film based on Flashpoint is such an inspired idea and a marketing home run.

Was it confirmed to be called The Flash - Flashpoint or simply 'Flashpoint'?

Dead

well not really...yet
Does it look like to anyone else that they de-grained the footage

I like Snyder's grainy film style 😕

Ashhong

I think you gotta keep that Superman tease

Cut the vanishing gag near the end with Gordon, because that shit didn't work at all.

I loved that gag, mainly because of the way Flash leaves. The way the lightning appears and his suit starts to fade is really cool.

And again, I realllllly want to know why people think it's Flashpoint. Or more specifically, why the live blogs called it flashpoint. Did the logo specifically say Flashpoint??

J_Viper

I still don't understand how Flashpoint would lead to Ben's replacement

Reeves' Batman will be out before Flashpoint, and they're not gonna recast the part for a direct sequel.

I loved that gag, mainly because of the way Flash leaves. The way the lightning appears and his suit starts to fade is really cool.

And again, I realllllly want to know why people think it's Flashpoint. Or more specifically, why the live blogs called it flashpoint. Did the logo specifically say Flashpoint??

I like the idea behind that joke, but the way it's cut in the trailer doesn't work. I'm sure it'll be better in the movie, especially with Joss on the wheel.

And I believe a Flashpoint logo was shown

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think all the blogs would be running with the Flashpoint title if the text on screen didn't say "Flashpoint".

I just still find it odd they left off Gotham City Sirens and Nightwing. So maaaaaybe they're still going to do a regular Flash movie first and Flashpoint would be like a Civil War/JL 1.5 movie?

It's frustrating how DC/WB keeps taking these half steps. They put out information with no context and just let it sit there for months (sometimes years). That's a terrible way to do business. At least release the logos to the public for crying out loud.

I see that WW passed Guardians in domestic gross, that's certainly a result I didn't expect when the summer movie season started especially after all the unfavorable whispers of the movie before it opened.

Most of those rumors were BS. Patty Jenkins talked about how aggravating it was to read nonsense people were spreading and having to stop herself from commenting on it.

But even so WW has done far better than I expected it to. That it might end up the biggest domestic superhero movie this year is kinda crazy, especially when it's the lowest budget after Logan.

I mean, it might end up the highest grossing domestic superhero origin, finally topping Spider-Man's run after 15 years.

Top Bottom