• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

strafer

Geoff and Feige are such great friends. I cant even begin to imagine the damage they would do if they worked together on something.

Odoul

Don't recall Robin ever making the ground quake like that.

I dunno. Just seems like a fake out.

Why would Supes come back to Alfred of all people. Did they even meet in BvS? It sounded to me like he was speaking to someone he was familiar with but hasn't seen in a while.

Been wrong before.

Argall

Neo Member
Oh it's definitely Superman at the end of that trailer.
It could be Aquaman.
Bruce shows up at the fishing village looking for Aquaman, who denies his request to join the team. Later on he changes his mind and goes looking for Bruce. "He said you'd come" maybe means Bruce knew Arthur would reconsider.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. Just seems like a fake out.

Why would Supes come back to Alfred of all people. Did they even meet in BvS? It sounded to me like he was speaking to someone he was familiar with but hasn't seen in a while.

Been wrong before.
I mean, if we just use some logic based on what we've seen thus far in the trailers and how movies tend to go...

- We see Bruce studying a hologram of Superman, possible trying to figure out Kryptonian biology and if there's a way to bring him back since he's probably aware that Zod was used to create Doomsday.
- The League, at the time of that last shot, is probably already fighting Steppenwolf or has been transported off world or just somewhere far away.
- Superman wakes up, but has no idea where anyone is, but would know to go to Bruce's estate to look for clues and finds Alfred alone, doing what Alfred does best.
- Adding to the above statement, I bet Bruce actually takes Clark's body to the Batcave for studying after they have to defend the memorial in Metropolis as it seems Steppenwolf could be looking to take Clark's body. Because the League now knows someone is looking for his body (and they know what can be done with a Kryptonian corpse), Bruce goes to Smallville and gets the body before Steppenwolf can. That would make Clark waking up in the Batcave and approaching Alfred make complete sense.

jackdoe

I mean, if we just use some logic based on what we've seen thus far in the trailers and how movies tend to go...

- We see Bruce studying a hologram of Superman, possible trying to figure out Kryptonian biology and if there's a way to bring him back since he's probably aware that Zod was used to create Doomsday.
- The League, at the time of that last shot, is probably already fighting Steppenwolf or has been transported off world or just somewhere far away.
- Superman wakes up, but has no idea where anyone is, but would know to go to Bruce's estate to look for clues and finds Alfred alone, doing what Alfred does best.
Bruce could even have brought Superman's body into the Batcave to regenerate. The two tremors could be him breaking through the cave walls and right to the lakeside residence.

Haha, you said the same thing in an edit.

Odoul

Just a dumb detail I've noticed.

DC has casted a bunch of people from Oz.

Marvel is raiding The Wire and The Shield.

I'm expecting Vic Mackey to turn up in another comic movie. He can't seem to stay away from them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just a dumb detail I've noticed.

DC has casted a bunch of people from Oz.

Marvel is raiding The Wire and The Shield.

I'm expecting Vic Mackey to turn up in another comic movie. He can't seem to stay away from them.
Jokes on you, he's already in Gotham as this past season's Police Captain

Ashhong

I don't understand why people still doubt Ben in The Batman. "Take with a grain of salt"? The dude did exactly what I said he would do, come out and emphatically deny dropping out of The Batman. He seems as enthusiastic as ever. As if trades are never wrong. Didn't one of them say they would announce WW2 today?

Edit: of note, in that above video someone asks Ben what his next movie he is and he says he doesn't know yet

BadAss2961

I don't understand why people still doubt Ben in The Batman. "Take with a grain of salt"? The dude did exactly what I said he would do, come out and emphatically deny dropping out of The Batman. He seems as enthusiastic as ever. As if trades are never wrong. Didn't one of them say they would announce WW2 today?

Edit: of note, in that above video someone asks Ben what his next movie he is and he says he doesn't know yet
He said the right things today (there's a movie to push), but not emphatically imo.

My guess is he wants to soldier on and make it work, but he's kinda on the fence, and reception to JL and everything ahead will be key to his mood and decision making.

Best actor from the shield is goggins. Speaking of which it's disappointing we didn't get to see a little glimpse of tomb raider at wb panel

a916

Why does that Batman line of "Superman was a beacon of hope" get so much crap because it apparently (incorrectly assumed by people) ignored the last two movies but Thor being a total 180 is like "put it in muh veinsssss"... it's that level of BS that's so annoying.

Ashhong

He said the right things today (there's a movie to push), but not emphatically imo.

My guess is he wants to soldier on and make it work, but he's kinda on the fence, and reception to JL and everything ahead will be key to his mood and decision making.

I don't know man, did you watch the video? It seems pretty definite to me. Dude loved Batman. What happens after a solo movie is anyone's guess but he's at least in it for Batman. He said like "let me make one thing clear" and people are still not clear!

Tabby

Why does that Batman line of "Superman was a beacon of hope" get so much crap because it apparently (incorrectly assumed by people) ignored the last two movies but Thor being a total 180 is like "put it in muh veinsssss"... it's that level of BS that's so annoying.

It's not like we didn't see people look up to Superman in BvS. It's ridiculous this hate.

Neophant

Flashpoint to me looks like it could be a 2020 Justice League event film that brings in the cast from the film with Flash as the central character. It doesn't necessarily have to be a reboot, but instead a showcase that could explore everything from the Flash's origins to showing what a world could be like without the Justice League to answering the lingering questions from the Knightmare sequence (specifically Flash going to the past to warn Bruce) to yeah, even possibly updating Batman from the current Ben Affleck incarnation to a younger version. Either way, all of this says to me this will be Zack Snyder's next project assuming he wants to continue spearheading the DCEU films and of course, after whatever he wants to do next.

Ross61

Flashpoint to me could be like the(and it is) Flash movie that could also be like Back to the Future. They could definitely re-purpose the story into a tale of character development.

Yeah I can't picture Flashpoint being a one for one adaptation. It'll probably deal mostly with the Knighmare, with a few elements borrowed from the comic arc (No way you don't use Thomas Wayne Batman).

Now people think the hologram is Supergirl, calm down.

That is not going to happen, not when she's got a show going on tv.

Unless they got Melissa Benoist to play her in the movie too.
The legs do look more feminine.

ImpossibleWateryHornedtoad.gif

Penguin

I will say the WB/DC panel was kind of disappointing in the grand scheme.

Like we didn't even get a look at Aquaman's new costume for the movie... assumed they were saving it for this. No announcements of new heroes/villains though we know movies.

a916

Like we didn't even get a look at Aquaman's new costume for the movie... assumed they were saving it for this. No announcements of new heroes/villains though we know movies.

Hard to do much because they really only had JL to show. They said it themselves, they unforunately had to change direction. Whereas (and I'm not making this comparision because they are rivals or anything) Marvel has what, 6 or so movies in one form or another. DC can't play that game... just yet, they just need more material.

Ross61

Was it confirmed that he was new costume? And what new heroes/villians?

Penguin

Hard to do much because they really only had JL to show. They said it themselves, they unforunately had to change direction. Whereas (and I'm not making this comparision because they are rivals or anything) Marvel has what, 6 or so movies in one form or another. DC can't play that game... just yet, they just need more material.

Was it confirmed that he was new costume? And what new heroes/villians?

Not even comparing to Marvel

But they announce like 10 movies... and nothing... no dates... no new actors to go with the roles. Could have at least confirmed some directors... though guess out there as well.

Ross61

Everybody except David F Sandberg and Joss Whedon are still in talks tho.

And if I'm talking purely from my point of view, I'd rather they announce the dates closer to when they are concrete. The last time they did dates way ahead.... didn't work out so much.

With how much stuff has been in flux, I can understand why they are hesitant to put dates on the films along with attaching directors. Last time we had a "these are the directors of the DCEU" moment at Comic Con, two of them ended up dropping out 4-6 months later.

I'd actually like a somewhat updated schedule, even if they would just attach years to some of the stuff that might be coming 2019 or early 2020.

I mean, again, same thing happened with the directing. There was the rumor, he said he was hyped to direct, and next thing you know, he's no longer in the chair.

I think he'll do The Batman. I also think it's not outlandish to not take his statement at face value and believe he'll likely finish The Batman before moving on.

With how much stuff has been in flux, I can understand why they are hesitant to put dates on the films along with attaching directors. Last time we had a "these are the directors of the DCEU" moment at Comic Con, two of them ended up dropping out 4-6 months later.

I'd actually like a somewhat updated schedule, even if they would just attach years to some of the stuff that might be coming 2019 or early 2020.
It would be nice, yeah.

I don't know man, did you watch the video? It seems pretty definite to me. Dude loved Batman. What happens after a solo movie is anyone's guess but he's at least in it for Batman. He said like "let me make one thing clear" and people are still not clear!

"Let me make one thing clear, I'm still directing The Batman"

*spongebob 3 WEEKS LATER sign appears* "ehhhhhhbout that.........."

One of the circumstances around Affleck directing Batman is it happened around Live by Night releasing and flopping critically and commercially. That's after his big Oscar winning movie in Argo. That's a crisis of confidence in his directing and writing ability.

With The Batman, he's just acting in it. He's working with a very talented director. It's not as much on him, so to speak.

Neophant

I have a feeling that along with SDCC next year, WB will have their own even to host and maybe give us more details on their upcoming films. There's not much yet right now due to Aquaman being the only one filming for 2018, but with an incredible lineup for the years afterwards I'd think it behoove WB to have some sort of concentrated fan-oriented convention ala D23 for the Disney films. Hall H will still have tidbits, but there's going to be a lot of stuff to pack in for next year like the Fantastic Beasts sequel, The Jungle Book from Andy Serkis, the Lego films and the Monsterverse/Godzilla stuff.

Top Bottom