• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

This is what our Doomfist could have looked like:

5xuKScS.png

Early concept art made some years ago. The artist is Jerad S. Marantz.

It looks so good, man I've been liking snyder's design choices on various degrees so far, but the doomsday we ended up with was the biggest pile of mhe to date.

I pray for them not to drop the ball on steppenwolf and darkseid's designs. I'm loving the parademons so keep up the trend, don't be afraid of Darkseid's hooker boots.Embrace that shit Zack!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm really curious who had last call on that final Doomsday design. Zack is so good with keeping the suits comic accurate, so it was so weird to see what we ended up with. Maybe it was a trade off due to some egos? Zack was able to design the look of the Batsuit and Wonder Woman with no interference, but Doomsday was hands off? I have no idea.

Just found out the new concept artist we hired at my work did some stuff on Suicide Squad. Gonna ask him about it next time he's in.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well it appears something is going on at the Superman memorial in Justice League. I'm guessing Parademons show up wanting to take Clark's body to Darkseid. So if Darkseid is going after his body, why not grab Doomsday's as well? It'd be kind of crazy for them to use Doomsday again so soon as a miniboss, but he might end up looking like his classic comics appearance when he does.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, was Doomsday really Zod's body just mutated or was he actually grown and born in that clear bubble thing just using Zod's DNA as a base to get the process going?

that concept art is awesome. i like the really deformed face.

probably would have been too scary for kids though (but I have no idea how a kid can sit through this movie either)

Platy

I still think they should not have gone to the Doomsday side of things and more to the Bizarro side of things.

Made a weird monster version of Zod, since this is how he was basically created.

Effect

Yeah they could have used Bizarro but really seems like a waste. There is a decent amount you could do with Bizarro from a character interaction aspect to his entire world. You can go comical with it or really dramatic. Would have been a waste. Bizarro is an actual character that can actually have an arc as shown in the comics, cartoons, and hell even Smallville. Bizarro is someone you can write an entire movie around. Doomsday just is a monster and a weapon. You could expand him a bit more sure but only a little bit. In the end he's the still going to be that weapon and monster. He's a tool to be used by another villain or some force of nature that happens to get free.

Also it's not like he's gone for good. If Superman can come back to life he certainly can. Hell if they're following the comics, no reason to think they're not, he's not actually dead. Comic Doomsday didn't die as a result of his fight with Superman. He was just knocked out long enough for him to be captured and then tossed into space by Cyborg Superman I believe. Smallville just has him trapped in the end. I actually liked how they did that there. Clark and crew trap him deep underground in the end. Which sort of sets up a potential Death of Superman angle later down the line where in comics Doomsday is trapped deep underground and breaks his way out and resurfaces. Meaning that scenario could potentially happen in the Smallville universe at some point. Wonder if the season 11 comic ever touched upon that.

Jacce

Banned
Turd like the Fast series gets away with 70+ RT. JL better be atleast a 60 there!

In what universe are the F&F movies unworthy of being liked? What an absolutely ridiculous comparison. They are pure cheese and complete nonsense but they embrace it and it results (most of the time) in tons of insane fun not to be taken seriously.

Insisting a movie you haven't seen deserves good reviews...is a bit odd. Especially while trying to take down a franchise that typically releases really fun entertaining pulp.

Jacce

Banned
The idea of comparing the franchises reviews like critics pick and choose which franchises to like and which to hate is crazy. That is some gaming side level silliness. F&F movies get solid reviews because they are dumb fun entertainment that most can enjoy. That's all.

strafer

fast and the furryius is amazing.

we hungry breh bruh

our pockets aint empty cuz

daddys gotta get to work

i live for this shit

running aint freedom

no crust

im in yo face

1. Too much cgi
2. A forced tone
3. Overused green screen
4. Distracting color grading
5. Obnoxious rock music

you can make these same points in two different trailer threads and get different public reactions

pretty funny haha

1. Too much cgi
2. A forced tone
3. Overused green screen
4. Distracting color grading
5. Obnoxious rock music

you can make these same points in two different trailer threads and get different public reactions

pretty funny haha

I love that the Snyder hate is still seeping through a thread about the trailer for Thor. But the trailer is awesome though!

strafer

You never had your car!

Granny shiftin', not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didnt blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me? Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block, and replace the piston rings you fried! Ask any racer, any real racer, it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

Loxley

Thor looks surprisingly good, but every Marvel movie trailer thread needs to have the subtitle "...But Really, Give Us Your Hot Takes on Zack Snyder" - since that's what every thread (every. single. one.) devolves into anyway.

I generally despise fan art, but this one actually had some work put into it

Bryce Dallas Howard as Poison Ivy

I'd definitely be down for this.

This is what our Doomfist could have looked like:

5xuKScS.png

Early concept art made some years ago. The artist is Jerad S. Marantz.
I like this a lot more than what we got.

Comics Doomsday always looked bad to me and the movie one ain't better. If we're talking concept art, I liked the deranged monster version.

I kind of like the first sort of ape-ish take, but if you're going to change Doomsday that much, they might as well call him something else. His background is already so different in the movie.

BadAss2961

Granny shiftin', not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didnt blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me? Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block, and replace the piston rings you fried! Ask any racer, any real racer, it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
The original will always be the best.

This series needs to end with the return of Johnny Tran and Lance.
Thor looks surprisingly good, but every Marvel movie trailer thread needs to have the subtitle "...But Really, Give Us Your Hot Takes on Zack Snyder" - since that's what every thread (every. single. one.) devolves into anyway.

Just looks blatantly Guardians: Thor Edition to me. Cheese everywhere.

I kind of like the first sort of ape-ish take, but if you're going to change Doomsday that much, they might as well call him something else. His background is already so different in the movie.

If we're being honest, he's Doomsday because Doomsday "killed" Superman in the comics. Which is basically Doomsday reason of being. But the movie version is already a mix of various characters to fit a thematic hole. Could've changed its name to Bizarro and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Ahasverus

All those white british women look like they come from the same conveyor belt. Just get Kate Winslet and no one could tell a difference.
Dude what? They are the most unique, elegant beauties in film.

I'm also talking more about talent. Blanchett is the second best actress in the world, and leagues above the others. Streep is first. Please lock her up DC. Granny Goodness? Why not.

Just looks blatantly Guardians: Thor Edition to me. Cheese everywhere.

Heh that's exactly what it looks like, but it looks all the better because of it. I didn't expect to care about a mcu Thor movie after the last two pieces of crap, even with waititi on board but this looks pretty damn entertaining

Aside from iron man 1 I think the best mcu movies were the ones that barely took themselves seriously (guardians and iron man 3). They tend to be really ineffective and unengaging when trying to make you care about their characters imo so I prefer it this way. I hope Thor 3 contains no mopey Thor at all and he basically ends up being like he is during that end scene.

Also Hulk in gladiator armor is something that is really cool to see on screen imo.

jmood88

It's only fair that got Snyder gets mentioned considering every DC movie thread turns into "well, I liked it better than Thor 2".

I will say it again; A Zack Snyder directed Thor movie would be dope as all hell.

It actually really would. He'd make the guy look tougher than ever and I feel like he'd go all in on some frazetta Conan/heavy metal influence which is what my dream Thor movie would look like

Set it in the past during Vikings era too....whew

Wouldn't be as successful as going the family route tho

If we're being honest, he's Doomsday because Doomsday "killed" Superman in the comics. Which is basically Doomsday reason of being. But the movie version is already a mix of various characters to fit a thematic hole. Could've changed its name to Bizarro and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Nah, I totally agree. I think Bizarro would have been a better choice considering how he's made (and the fact that they'll likely never do a straight Bizarro translation), but the main point of that thing was to kill Superman and thus Doomsday.

Ninjimbo

I agree, the Fast & Furious franchise is a ton of fun really.
I liked it better when it was just about drag racing. When they started playing up the heist angle and morphed their characters into action figures, I stopped giving a damn. Those movies are ridiculous and I don't understand why anyone likes them. It's pretty much The Expendables with a hotter looking cast.

Top Bottom