• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Boke1879

Something I will say. I know everyone is indifferent about Cyborg, but I really hope him and The Flash pan out.

Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller both seem the most hyped about being casted in these roles.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Official logo and press release

C-8FG8cWAAIzV50.jpg:large

PRODUCTION IS UNDERWAY ON WARNER BROS. PICTURES' SUPER HERO ACTION ADVENTURE ”AQUAMAN."

Director James Wan and star Jason Momoa dive into the Super Hero's first-ever solo feature, along with cast mates Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman and more

BURBANK, CA, May 3, 2017 – Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures' action adventure ”Aquaman," helmed by James Wan (”The Conjuring" films, ”Furious 7"). Jason Momoa stars in the title role, returning to the character he plays in this fall's ”Justice League."

The film also stars Amber Heard (”Justice League," ”Magic Mike XXL") as Mera; Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe (”Platoon," ”Spider-Man 2") as Vulko; Temuera Morrison (”Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones," ”Green Lantern") as Tom Curry; Dolph Lundgren (”The Expendables" films) as Nereus; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (upcoming ”Baywatch," Netflix's ”The Get Down") as Black Manta; with Patrick Wilson (”The Conjuring" films, ”Watchmen") as Orm/Ocean Master; and Oscar winner Nicole Kidman (”The Hours," ”Lion") as Atlanna.

The film is being produced by Peter Safran, with Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Rob Cowan, Jon Berg and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Wan's team behind the scenes includes such frequent collaborators as Oscar-nominated director of photography Don Burgess (”The Conjuring 2," ”Forrest Gump"), his five-time editor Kirk M. Morri (”The Conjuring" films, ”Furious 7," the ”Insidious" films) and production designer Bill Brzeski (”Furious 7"). They are joined by costume designer Kym Barrett (”The Matrix" trilogy; ”The Amazing Spider-Man"), along with Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Charles Gibson (”Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," ”The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2") and VFX supervisor Kelvin McIlwain (”The Fast and the Furious" franchise).

As is fitting for the king of the sea, the shoot will take place mainly in locations spanning the stunning Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, with extensive filming to be accomplished at Village Roadshow Studios. The production will utilize the facility's sprawling backlot and all nine VRS soundstages, including its newest, Stage 9, the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Filming will also take place in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia.

An icon for over 75 years, Aquaman is known by fans of DC Comics as the ruler of Atlantis but committed to protecting the entire globe, both land and sea.

Currently set for a 2018 release, the film is based on characters from DC.

Seeing all those names producing this movie has me thinking it will be the best film of the Universe.

Until The Batman comes out of course.

Ross61

It seems James Wan brought his usual producer on board with the film. So why was it an issue when Reeves wanted to do the same?

It seems James Wan brought his usual producer on board with the film. So why was it an issue when Reeves wanted to do the same?

Nobody knows what the issue was when negotiations with Reeves broke down

That producer thing was just a rumor from blogs. More reputable sources didn't state any reason why talks failed (before he thankfully signed on)

Anyways it's gonna be amazing. Prior to mad max, Dawn of the apes was the best blockbuster since dark knight imo

Dudes got it

Ross61

Nobody knows what the issue was when negotiations with Reeves broke down

That producer thing was just a rumor from blogs. More reputable sources didn't state any reason why talks failed (before he thankfully signed on)

Anyways it's gonna be amazing. Prior to mad max, Dawn of the apes was the best blockbuster since dark knight imo

Dudes got it
Lmao Disco, that wasn't what I was talking about. Yes Reeves is al producer on Batman, but I was talking about a different situation. From the press release, it seems that Wan brought in his producer Peter Safran that he produces the Conjuring-verse with. Rumors were that Reeves might bring his usual producer on the Apes film, Dylan Clark, on board for Batman. It was met with some negative criticism.

Yeah dude and thats what I was responding to. They were unsubstantiated rumors that bringing his producer was a problem for WB

Unless you're talking about random people online having a problem with that in which case I have no idea what the issue is. What criticism. Who would be mad at that. Bunch of weird lames

Ashhong

Yeah dude and thats what I was responding to. They were unsubstantiated rumors that bringing his producer was a problem for WB

Unless you're talking about random people online having a problem with that in which case I have no idea what the issue is. What criticism. Who would be mad at that. Bunch of weird lames

I think he is indeed talking about the latter. People were speculating that Batman was a huge mess and that he was bringing his team to fix it all etc etc

Something I will say. I know everyone is indifferent about Cyborg, but I really hope him and The Flash pan out.

Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller both seem the most hyped about being casted in these roles.

I just can't see the appeal of Cyborg. His origin story was basically told in BvS and the JL trailer (football player, got into an accident, father is a doctor, experimented to save the life of his son, used alien artefact as last resort, Cyborg is created). It already sounds incredibly boring, but when you add the cheap CG look (which admittedly comes from a trailer and is probably going to be brushed up) and overall character design, it just screams generic Action-Man to me. It puts me right to sleep.

I wonder if WB/DC would've gone with Green Lantern, hadn't it bombed a couple of years ago.

That cast/producer list does indeed seem impressive. Who woulda thunk that of all the JL members Aquaman's solo movie would become the most intriguing. The thirst is real.

I am leaving this community. The recent raft of puns is too much. I encourage everyone to sail away with me to a brighter future in DCEU |Good OT| HE'S A LOSER WHO TALKS TO FISH

Effect

So did the usual suspects freaks out when they saw the Snyders names as producers on Aquaman when the press release came out?

People need to get in their heads that Snyder is here to stay, even If he's not directing these superhero movies he's still the master of this DCEU ocean.

Bleepey

1. You spelled my name wrong!
2. When do I call you out??? I would never

It's funny that I notice they didn't get all of the details right in that WW black and white photo haha. But nobody will ever notice in the movie

My bad. I don't know why you came up. LOL

Effect

Maybe they finally did learn their lesson after BvS. Let the director edit the film and let what they made be shown. Don't fuck with it after that.

Ross61

It was just bloggers talking about it being WB incompetence and a shitshow and how Feige would never allow something like this.

Top Bottom