• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Yager

Banned
Not that she'd look bad in the dress, but that she'd truly scare me, I mean, have you seen her body, girl would wreck every fool in the frame.
Isn't Barda like super cold anyway?

Man I believe 100% that you meant no harm, but the way you worded it is pretty bad.

BadAss2961

Sorry but Carano is kind of ugly and dare I say it "glamourless". Wonder Woman is both a warrior and a princess. Carano in that coctail dress would make me shudder.

Alexander would have been fine, but based on looks alone, Gadot is otherworldly. None of them would have won any awards so at the end of the day they made the right choice.
Nah.

9PvUpTk.gif
Someday, I wanna see a GAF discussion about woman actors that doesn't devolve into judging their physical appearance above all else.

Hey, a man can dream.

Eh, a group of women talking about male actors usually devolves into the same shit.

Nah.

9PvUpTk.gif

Eh, a group of women talking about male actors usually devolves into the same shit.

GAF isn't, and shouldn't be thought of as, exclusively a group of men. There are many women that post here.

Two. That may be true at times, but male actors don't by-and-large suffer from decades of systemic sexism that reduces them to eye candy. Male actors don't start losing roles once it's determined they're no longer 'hot'. It's not the same thing.

Sorry, don't mean to clog up the DC thread with this shit. Let's talk about the non-existent Aquaman teaser some more. ;P

GAF isn't, and shouldn't be thought of as, exclusively a group of men. There are many women that post here.

Two. That may be true at times, but male actors don't by-and-large suffer from decades of systemic sexism that reduces to eye candy. Male actors don't start losing roles once it's determined they're no longer 'hot'. It's not the same thing.

Sorry, don't mean to clog up the DC thread with this shit. Let's talk about the non-existent Aquaman teaser some more. ;P

No, I think you are doing the right thing and I agree with you.

No idea to be fair. The whole release stuff is weird imo. Belgium already gets it on the 31st for some reason and in the Netherlands we need to wait 2 weeks. Makes no sense.

It's not the whole of Europe that has to wait two weeks. Germany too. They did the same thing with Suicide Squad last year.

It's not the whole of Europe that has to wait two weeks. Germany too. They did the same thing with Suicide Squad last year.

I always wondered If that has anything to do with the dubbing...still it's strange tho, in Portugal we're getting it on June 1st but our neighbours (Spain) are only getting it on June 23rd (according to the IMDB)

I always wondered If that has anything to do with the dubbing...still it's strange tho, in Portugal we're getting it on June 1st but our neighbours (Spain) are only getting it on June 23rd (according to the IMDB)

I think holidays might be a reason, not sure. Dubbing is done way before the movie releases.

santi_yo

Spain is the biggest loser here. We'll get it 3 weeks later, in an unprecedented fuckery.

I'm even thinking about watching the movie in Portugal or somewhere. True story.

This.

Ninjimbo

Yo, this thread took an odd turn again. Knock it off weirdos!

In related news, King Arthur is getting ethered in reviews. Kinda makes me sad. Isn't Guy Ritchie being eyed for a DC film?

Edit: I would like Mount Justice because I like mountain scenery. The Watchtower feels like an Injustice type of thing which should be saved for later.

Litan

Has to be the Watchtower. Can't be hanging around on Earth like mere mortals and I so badly want to see the Watchtower in live action.

Top Bottom