• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Effect

Rumor/speculation from years ago is he cost his favorite Jaimie Alexander's the role by opening his mouth and has been shitting on Gal every chance he's got since.

Yup. Those episodes are still up I believe and others have written about it. Ever since he talked about Jamie Alexander likely getting the role based on what she told him and then a short time after that never mentioned her name again and once Gal Gadot was announced he's been bad mouthing her ever since. From day damn one he's been crapping on her. I think at some point someone had to have talked to him about it because he then toned it way down. It was 100% sexist and straight up insulting. There was a point he was dropping insults towards her in completely unrelated topics unprompted. It's one of the reasons I started paying less and less attention to AMC Movie Talk and eventually dropped it and barely paid attention to Collider when that change was made. I only care to watch when he's not on it but even then. Not even just the Gadot issue but he's an asshole in regard to a lot of things. I don't even care that he happens to love MoS and enjoyed BvS. His attitude is horrible a lot of the time.

Loxley

Yup. Those episodes are still up I believe and others have written about it. Ever since he talked about Jamie Alexander likely getting the role based on what she told him and then a short time after that never mentioned her name again and once Gal Gadot was announced he's been bad mouthing her ever since. From day damn one he's been crapping on her. I think at some point someone had to have to talk to him about it because he then toned it way down. It was 100% sexist and straight up insulting. There was a point he was dropping insults towards her in completely unrelated topics unprompted. It's one of the reasons I started paying less and less attention to AMC Movie Talk and eventually dropped it and barely paid attention to Collider when that change made. I only care to watch when he's not on it but even then. Not even just the Gadot issue but he's an asshole in regard to a lot of things. I don't even care that he happens to love MoS and enjoyed BvS. His attitude is horrible a lot of the time.

I went back and watched his reaction after it was announced that Gadot had been cast as Wonder Woman and man, you weren't kidding. He basically summed up every GAF thread about Gadot in two minutes. "She's too skinny, not a good actress, they should have gotten someone with a body like Gina Carano, she struggles with the English language (huh?), etc."

The funniest part is when he "forgets" Jamie Alexander's name when listing the three actresses who were the finalists for the part.

LionPride

Banned
Never understood why people wanted someone like Gina for WW, she can't fucking act. They had to ADR her lines with someone else because she can't emote like a human. \

Look does not equal quality

Penguin

Never understood why people wanted someone like Gina for WW, she can't fucking act. They had to ADR her lines with someone else because she can't emote like a human. \

Ha well you don't know how fancasting works :p

Usually it's simply based off X looks like Y, would be perfect!

And I saw.. what was it Haywire?

IconGrist

Ha well you don't know how fancasting works :p

Usually it's simply based off X looks like Y, would be perfect!

And I saw.. what was it Haywire?

Action scenes were okay and the better members of the cast did what they could but that movie just stunk all around.

Never understood why people wanted someone like Gina for WW, she can't fucking act. They had to ADR her lines with someone else because she can't emote like a human.

No. Acting does. Stupid to come at it from any other angle..folks TEND to adjust. Well, adults do..

Ashhong

I went back and watched his reaction after it was announced that Gadot had been cast as Wonder Woman and man, you weren't kidding. He basically summed up every GAF thread about Gadot in two minutes. "She's too skinny, not a good actress, they should have gotten someone with a body like Gina Carano, she struggles with the English language (huh?), etc."

The funniest part is when he "forgets" Leigh Alexander's name when listing the three actresses who were the finalists for the part.

Lol the entire part he's saying how he's going in with an open mind. Ok dude, suuuuuuuure.

Schnepp (?) the other guy has a great attitude overall. Cool dude

BadAss2961

Always thought that was funny when the two of them (Gina and Gal) were actually in an extremely popular movie together where Gal carries her through a scene.

Haywire was pretty cool. Carano isn't particularly good (but she's meryl streep compared to ronda rousey lol) but the action in that movie rocked.

The fight between her and Fassbender was dope

wonder what the roster for that ends up being. I really want swamp thing and zatanna in it tho.

deadman seems like a long shot, and a really hard design to get right but he would be dope too.

Gal Gadot really isn't a great actress but the complaints are completely overblown. It's not like these CBMs are some highly demanding stuff.

any chance of fate appearing in jl dark?
Fate'a in sort of an odd position power wise. Most of the typical JL Dark types are lower grade, or at least, highly specialized like Swamp Thing. Fate can usually go hit for hit with Black Adam and Superman.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if they used Khalid for it, though.

wonder what the roster for that ends up being. I really want swamp thing and zatanna in it tho.

deadman seems like a long shot, and a really hard design to get right but he would be dope too.

Pre and post Liman talk/rumors shared Constantine, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, and Etrigan. Deadman is part of the current roster, for now. Old one had Madame Xanadu, with Monica Bellucci rumored to play her...could've been amazing. We'll see what it ends up as.

Ahasverus

Sorry but Carano is kind of ugly and dare I say it "glamourless". Wonder Woman is both a warrior and a princess. Carano in that coctail dress would make me shudder.

Alexander would have been fine, but based on looks alone, Gadot is otherworldly. None of them would have won any awards so at the end of the day they made the right choice.

Yager

Banned
Sorry but Carano is kind of ugly and dare I say it "glamourless". Wonder Woman is both a warrior and a princess. Carano in that coctail dress would make me shudder.

damaged indeed.

She may not be the standard of beauty, but the girl is not ugly. And that bolded sentence....yikes.

Pachimari

Normally I'm not much into muscular or "big" women, but Gina Carano is a damn fine lady. And a fine lady doesn't have to appeal to everyone.

Ahasverus

That doesn't make it less distasteful bruh
What's wrong with saying someone is not suited for a certain role or attractive? Not that one is putting any value on their personal worth or something. You don't see Steve Buscemi crying himself at night. Legit question, not trying to be a dick. Probably already am, but whatever, there's gotta be a more elegant way to put it.

To be fair, she would make a good Big Barda (And would pay to see the Superman Kiss scene reenacted, given they're ex's haha).

Ahasverus

bruh this thread
Needs more Gal to wash the sour taste

C_TfPP0UwAAvvwg.jpg

Jesus Christ this woman.

Someday, I wanna see a GAF discussion about woman actors that doesn't devolve into judging their physical appearance above all else.

Hey, a man can dream.

Yager

Banned
What's wrong with saying someone is not suited for a certain role or attractive? Not that one is putting any value on their personal worth or something. You don't see Steve Buscemi crying himself at night. Legit question, not trying to be a dick. Probably already am, but whatever, there's gotta be a more elegant way to put it.

To be fair, she would make a good Big Barda (And would pay to see the Superman Kiss scene reenacted, given they're ex's haha).

You can say that you don't like someone for a certain role because you don't see how it can work, or because his/her physical appearence doesn't match with what you've got in your mind, but at the same time it's not nice to cross out someone because of how he/she looks (example: I don't see Gina Carano as WW because she's not a good actress, not because she is more or less pretty to look at). And saying Carano in that coctail dress would make me shudder it's pretty fucking awful man. I get what you're trying to say, but that shit is out of place.

And to continue with what you've say, I don't see her as Big Barda because, again, she's a bad actress. Looks don't matter if you can't act for shit
(inb4 "and what about Wooden Gadot? bla bla blah" shitposts)

Ahasverus

And saying Carano in that coctail dress would make me shudder it's pretty fucking awful man. I get what you're trying to say, but that shit is out of place.
Not that she'd look bad in the dress, but that she'd truly scare me, I mean, have you seen her body, girl would wreck every fool in the frame.
And to continue with what you've say, I don't see her as Big Barda because, again, she's a bad actress. Looks don't matter if you can't act for shit
(inb4 "and what about Wooden Gadot? bla bla blah" shitposts)
Isn't Barda like super cold anyway?

Top Bottom