• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Firemind

Hyyyyyype

Can definitely figure out some crucial plot points but that's too be expected. Loved it! And does WW fly???
Hope not. We'll never hear the end of it from the comic book nerds. It has already started in OT. "But why didn't she fly in BvS? FUCKING SNYDER"

J_Viper

eZYEVC4.jpg

That WW trailer is so damn good

Ashhong

Movie comes out in three weeks, having next to nothing for the better part of a year then speeding towards marketing with less than a month between movie time is weird to me.

Wait then did you mean so late?

They had marketing sprinkled in here and there imo, but I don't wanna get into that in this thread lol

LionPride

Banned
Wait then did you mean so late?

They had marketing sprinkled in here and there imo, but I don't wanna get into that in this thread lol

Having more marketing for JL than for WW has never sat well with me. I'm scared that if this movie somehow disappoints financially, then the narrative will be they didn't market the movie as hard as they could/should've because it was a female led superhero movie instead of male led, and that female superheros can't get ya money. Which itself is probably a bullshit narrative, but the petty in me really just does not want Captain Marvel to be the first successful female led superhero movie, much rather it be WW.

Ashhong

Having more marketing for JL than for WW has never sat well with me. I'm scared that if this movie somehow disappoints financially, then the narrative will be they didn't market the movie as hard as they could/should've because it was a female led superhero movie instead of male led, and that female superheros can't get ya money. Which itself is probably a bullshit narrative, but the petty in me really just does not want Captain Marvel to be the first successful female led superhero movie, much rather it be WW.

I disagree that JL has more marketing than WW. But Im so tired of talking about that in the other thread. They are pushing it hard now, 3 weeks out, which seems good to me. I was just confused that you said "so soon", meaning you thought it should be pushed like next week or something.

LionPride

Banned
I disagree that JL has more marketing than WW. But Im so tired of talking about that in the other thread. They are pushing it hard now, 3 weeks out, which seems good to me. I was just confused that you said "so soon", meaning you thought it should be pushed like next week or something.

Yeah my bad.

I think that a hybrid Jl/WW type marketing would have worked, but I seem to recall that by the time another JL trailer came out, WW didn't have but the one. Why not market both since they both have WW in it, use her as the foundation of your campaign until June? It's too late now, but I thought that would've worked

Ashhong

Yeah my bad.

I think that a hybrid Jl/WW type marketing would have worked, but I seem to recall that by the time another JL trailer came out, WW didn't have but the one. Why not market both since they both have WW in it, use her as the foundation of your campaign until June? It's too late now, but I thought that would've worked

I think by the time that 2nd JL trailer came there were 2 WW, and the 3rd came out right around the same time. There were also all of the poster reveals and whatnot.

A Wonder Woman focused JL promotion could have been good though. I like that idea

Dead

well not really...yet
From the newest WW trailer

Geoff Johns no longer has a screenplay credit, only Allan Heinberg, and in addition to Zack Snyder and Heinberg, Jason Fuchs who did the original draft also got added to story by credit.

Yeah my bad.

I think that a hybrid Jl/WW type marketing would have worked, but I seem to recall that by the time another JL trailer came out, WW didn't have but the one.

Wonder Woman had the three by the time the JL trailer came out. The Comic-Con trailer, the first full trailer, and the second "origin" one.

EDIT: Went to check, Origin trailer came out March 11th, JL trailer 1 was March 25th.

I think they did a solid job with the trailers for WW. The best ones were the first and last, you can't ask for much more than that IMO.

Pachimari

I think this is the most hyped I've been for a DCEU film. Yes, I was really excited about BvS, and super excited for SS (that didn't turn out well) but Wonder Woman is on a whole other scale for me. I really hope Gal Gadot pulls it off as Diana, and that we get a lot of beautiful shots and a real confident woman that kicks ass. And lots of lasso action.

Can't wait for May 31!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Love how we keep seeing threads about MoS and BvS to this day. At least one a month. I think that means the movies actually stick with people and are NOT forgettable. I love them both.

Love how we keep seeing threads about MoS and BvS to this day. At least one a month. I think that means the movies actually stick with people and are NOT forgettable. I love them both.

The OP said he liked the movie. And no movie should be forgettable unless it's complete utter trash..like Catwoman. I remember everything I watch..especially stuff I hate. But damn, if that movie isn't the fucking trash of all trash. All I can remember is that motherfucking basketball scene.

You'd think nothing could top the one in Aliens 4..then that bullshit happens. 😒🔫

On one hand, one could argue the same for the Star Wars prequels.

On the other hand, it does something unique for the genre, and while it's not the greatest execution, it's something that resonates with some folk. I remember one of the early fresh reviews from Richard Roper got what I liked about it. And for me, the Ultimate Edition strengthened what I liked.

On the...third hand, it occasionally gets like

https://youtu.be/VKpQgEyjNdM

Pachimari

It's literally been at the least one thread per week for the past month or two. Amazing.

The OP said he liked the movie. And no movie should be forgettable unless it's complete utter trash..like Catwoman. I remember everything I watch..especially stuff I hate. But damn, if that movie isn't the fucking trash of all trash. All I can remember is that motherfucking basketball scene.

You'd think nothing could top the one in Aliens 4..then that bullshit happens. 😒🔫
I thought it was a cute movie.

If anything, BvS retroactively made people appreciate MoS more, in the latest thread that popped up about the movie the like/disliked ratio was pretty much even it seemed.

BadAss2961

The OP said he liked the movie. And no movie should be forgettable unless it's complete utter trash..like Catwoman. I remember everything I watch..especially stuff I hate.
I'm at a point where unless something is really good or stands out in some way, i'll forget most of it.

IconGrist

Today in John Campea hates Gal Gadot:

"I still think the little girl playing young Diana is a better actress than Gal Gadot..."

Top Bottom