• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Small detail but for the Justice League, where do you want their base to do.

Mount Justice
Mount_Justice.png

Hall of Justice
Hall_of_Justice.jpg

The Watchtower
220px-JLsatellite.jpg

union-terminal%20700x254.jpg

Hall of Justice

Watchtower makes the most sense from the "living gods" perspective, but it does run counter to the ways the movies try to remain grounded in reality around the edges (e.g. Public response to Superman) . Not sure there's a workable comics HQ that meets both criteria.

Penguin

Always been a Watchtower fan

It's something super different

I like the Hall of Justice, but feel like it sounds too cheesy for the DCEU

Always been a Watchtower fan

It's something super different

I like the Hall of Justice, but feel like it sounds too cheesy for the DCEU
My big thing with the Hall is that it has issues that would be hard to ignore in the DCEU. Like... What do they even need all that space for? There's 6 of them, and unlike in JLU, they aren't leading a global rapid response unit or anything. They don't need offices.

strafer

Hall of justice will just cause an inconvience.

fans and people will just cause mass erections everywhere. breakins and villains will try to break in.

watchtower in space is perfect for the Snyderverse-.

My big thing with the Hall is that it has issues that would be hard to ignore in the DCEU. Like... What do they even need all that space for? There's 6 of them, and unlike in JLU, they aren't leading a global rapid response unit or anything. They don't need offices.

I imagine it wouldn't be quite so large, if they were to do it. Think the Avenger's compound as we saw it in Civil War.

Although, that brings up another good point. Watchtower sets them apart from the MCU the most. The Hall of Justice might feel samey.

Penguin

I imagine it wouldn't be quite so large, if they were to do it. Think the Avenger's compound as we saw it in Civil War.

Although, that brings up another good point. Watchtower sets them apart from the MCU the most. The Hall of Justice might feel samey.

Didn't want to bring up THAT elephant, but yeah Hall of Justice is similar to Avengers Tower and any way you can differ your brand is helpful.

Also as Justice League/Unlimited proved, you have a lot more potential with a space-based... base

Batjag

Over a series of films, they could move through all of them, but I see it like the Hall of Justice is their "official" headquarters on earth, like for when Superman or Wonder Woman needs to have a press conference or something.

Meanwhile, the actual operations center is the Watchtower up in space where Green Lantern or whoever is monitoring for danger.

BadAss2961

Didn't want to bring up THAT elephant, but yeah Hall of Justice is similar to Avengers Tower and any way you can differ your brand is helpful.

Also as Justice League/Unlimited proved, you have a lot more potential with a space-based... base
The Avengers tower was just some swanky penthouse from what I remember.

I like to think we could eventually get both. Use the Hall of Justice as the tourist attraction with all the memorabilia and giant statues and shit, where the League sometimes goes to reach out to the public. The Watchtower for everything else.
Over a series of films, they could move through all of them, but I see it like the Hall of Justice is their "official" headquarters on earth, like for when Superman or Wonder Woman needs to have a press conference or something.

Meanwhile, the actual operations center is the Watchtower up in space where Green Lantern or whoever is monitoring for danger.

Yup

Penguin

If you're gonna evolve it, Mount Justice makes the most sense to start off

Just converting a mountain into a base of operation makes more sense than building a space station

shingi70

Banned
I always loved the idea from Young Justifr that Hall of Justice was a front for the public, and it linked to the Watchtower.

Honestly, a secret space station base in this universe makes zero sense since it's so closely resembles our own.

Who says it's a secret? I know smallville had a Watchtower that was just a moon base.

bryanee

I'm all about the Watchtower. Gimme that space station base.

I also really hope Wonder Woman does well at the box office. I'm confident its going to be a good flick, I'm not so confident people will go see it. How busy is June this year?

Penguin

Some new-ish info about Wonder Woman's howling commandos squad.

Said Taghmaoui is playing Andre Blanc-Dumont, Blackhawk member.

Eugene Braverock is playing Chief. Just Chief. Not Apache Chief...unless he happens to grow in size and foreshadows Giganta in Wonder Woman 2.

If Trevor's team is the Blackhawks, it would be weird didn't at least try to promote it before the movie.

Ross61

Known enough to excite comic geeks

but also would have helped give the film some other marketing points

That or introducing the Amazons

The Blackhawks are such a niche group that I don't think that it's a good enough marketing point. But this is all assuming that Trevor's actual group is the Blackhawks, and that this isn't an easter egg.

Also I assume that the market isn't heavy on the Amazons themselves because
they aren't in the film that much......

Effect

If their group are the Blackhawks that opens up the possiblity of Lady Blackhawk (who also at times is a member of the Birds of Prey) as a future supporting character in a sequel or even showing up in another film.

Ideally I'd want the Justice League in the Watchtower but Mount Justice would be a good starting location. The Hall of Justice I don't think works. I've always had a problem with the Hall because of big of a target it is. It's not like it's a museum that was made like the Flash museum but the JL HQ shouldn't be a known location by anyone.

Ahasverus

It's not just any buildig, it's the Hall of Justicr, it can even be built in the area that houses the Superman memorial.
OMG I need this.

Tbh the league having a headquarter is kinda cheesy. In fact, the league existing as an institution is silly. It works for the Avengers because they're funded by the government, but not the League.

Wouldn't mind if Terrio da gawd comes up with a clever explanation, but I'm not holding my breath.

shingi70

Banned
Eh it doesn't need explanation. It's about threats that are too big for one hero Alone.

Plus it makes sense that the heroes would have some sort of network to keep in contact with each other.

Penguin

OMG I need this.

Tbh the league having a headquarter is kinda cheesy. In fact, the league existing as an institution is silly. It works for the Avengers because they're funded by the government, but not the League.

Wouldn't mind if Terrio da gawd comes up with a clever explanation, but I'm not holding my breath.

hA I think it's reverse

The League makes sense as an institution because they are independent and know they need to police themselves as much as the world.

It also makes a lot more sense when they don't all come charging in since each believes can handle threats on their own until it becomes too large.

I always thought the relatable/grounded approach to the Watchtower is a retrofitted alien craft. Be it Brainiac's or Steppenwolf's. Man of Steel had some imagery that felt how I imagine the Watchtower could be.

I think it'd be cool if it's suspended in the air like the crafts in Arrival instead of in orbit.

Ashhong

The problem with some of these ideas is that it has to be semi believable in the world. Even Bruce can't make a goddamn space station. I would assume...

Penguin

I always thought the relatable/grounded approach to the Watchtower is a retrofitted alien craft. Be it Brainiac's or Steppenwolf's. Man of Steel had some imagery that felt how I imagine the Watchtower could be.

I think it'd be cool if it's suspended in the air like the crafts in Arrival instead of in orbit.

Actually was my idea

Like retrofit the space ship in Metropolis to get it into orbit.

Effect

Yeah. Given the "real world bent" you'd have to repurpose something as suggested for a Watchtower. Movie Bruce can't move the kind of money required to build something like that.

Yeah. Given the "real world bent" you'd have to repurpose something as suggest for a Watchtower. Movie Bruce can't move the kind of money required to build something like.

Yep, that's why I am thinking Mountain is a viable place. However, they also may have a movable place.

Yager

Banned
Spain is the biggest loser here. We'll get it 3 weeks later, in an unprecedented fuckery.

I'm even thinking about watching the movie in Portugal or somewhere. True story.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I didn't know this. FUCK THIS SHIT MAN. So fucking mad right now.

Top Bottom