• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why they got rid of Cass I will never know.

She was always the best Batgirl.
C3serAy.png

Checked out the June Solicits......why are the Hanna Barbara comics $4? That just killed my interest in them and DC better not increase the price for their double-shipping titles or I'll cancel those too (they'll do it eventually).

Savitar

I haven't noticed such enthusiasm for DC comics in ages now. They must be doing things right, it only took a good many mis steps over the last decade. They better not mess it up.

Checked out the June Solicits......why are the Hanna Barbara comics $4? That just killed my interest in them and DC better not increase the price for their double-shipping titles or I'll cancel those too (they'll do it eventually).

Non-superhero books just aren't going to move the same volume as in-continuity stuff so DC needs to make more on each issue for it to make sense. I can't think of any licensed book that sells for $3 anymore.

3 bucks is for the DC universe books, dude. Hanna-Barbara, Vertigo, 2.99 doesn't cover that, sadly.

There was in fairness, a lot of the more obscure titles were great, but I did end up dropping about half the number of books I pulled before N52.

I want some Booster Gold with my Blue Beetle.

My kneejerk reaction is to say "wrong Beetle," but Ted's actually in this.

I'm going to need to construct a new retort.

I will say that I think that Ted works better without Booster than Booster does without Ted.

jackdoe

There was in fairness, a lot of the more obscure titles were great, but I did end up dropping about half the number of books I pulled before N52.
Man, the first Superman arc with George Perez was like a kick in the nuts to the fans of Lois and Clark. Which was strange because Grant Morrison wrote Action in a way that was meant to set up that relationship between the two again.

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly it makes way more sense for superman to have a son over batman. Sups stays in relationships

Edit: yes I know how both Damien and terry were born lol

Messi

MAN I love that picture! Who did the artwork for this, and will they be one of the artists on the actual Detective series? It looks the same as the other artwork we got style-wise so I'm guessing it's actually from one of the artists.

Alvaro Martinez did it. One of the artists on the book.

I will admit the return of Cassandra Cain (even if they de-aged her) helped to build my hype.

But if they bring back the pre-new 52 Wally West (a.k.a. redhead wally, also known as Best Wally), then my last beef with them will be mostly gone. I am hopeful as they've teased it once or twice, it seems silly if the purpose of Rebirth is to get back to what people liked about DC and not have Wally West (redhead Wally, Flash III, also the Flash I grew up with) and several high up people at DC have gone on record as saying that they recognized with Rebirth that they seemingly ignored DC's rich history of superheroes as mantles.

I mean, this is the company that did the new 52 and had to do another event (or three) to fix it, but I'm hopeful that they bring back redhead Wally.

If they do it right, I might actually look into getting Flash comics again.

Edit: I forgot... I saw her in the Bat-family ensemble picture. But I'm still glad she's back at all.

Effect

The idea of Pre52 Earth without their Superman is worrisome to me

If that Earth still exist I would imagine they still have their Superboy, Supergirl, and Powergirl along with the rest of their League, etc. They should be okay.

I still hate the idea that the Earth and heroes I would read off and on from the 90s and 00s don't exist anymore. I hate that these worlds get killed off. Just move on to new versions of the Earth and say as a company you're done telling stories about those versions. Don't kill them. You have a mulitverse. Use it and don't put stupid limitations on it.

The idea of Pre52 Earth without their Superman is worrisome to me

Technically, that Earth was probably rebooted with a new Superman. This pre-52 Superman is just the one from Convergence, a cast off of a small, collected bit of that reality. Otherwise, a lot of Earths lost people in Convergence.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Technically, that Earth was probably rebooted with a new Superman. This pre-52 Superman is just the one from Convergence, a cast off of a small, collected bit of that reality. Otherwise, a lot of Earths lost people in Convergence.

so like a reboot scenario where theres two enzos flosting around?

KOMANI

KOMANI
I will admit the return of Cassandra Cain (even if they de-aged her) helped to build my hype.

But if they bring back the pre-new 52 Wally West (a.k.a. redhead wally, also known as Best Wally), then my last beef with them will be mostly gone. I am hopeful as they've teased it once or twice, it seems silly if the purpose of Rebirth is to get back to what people liked about DC and not have Wally West (redhead Wally, Flash III, also the Flash I grew up with) and several high up people at DC have gone on record as saying that they recognized with Rebirth that they seemingly ignored DC's rich history of superheroes as mantles.

I mean, this is the company that did the new 52 and had to do another event (or three) to fix it, but I'm hopeful that they bring back redhead Wally.

If they do it right, I might actually look into getting Flash comics again.

Edit: I forgot... I saw her in the Bat-family ensemble picture. But I'm still glad she's back at all.
This was my gripe with what they Did with Wally... They changed his race but yet he was still fresh in people's minds. He was also in an interracial relationship. I thought making Barry Allen black would have been a better decision, revamping his character for the new age. And I also preferred that a character of color was a florensics officer than a snotty little kid.
I also thought they should have made a huge leap and made Tim Drake the first gay Robin.
But that's just me, I'm crazy.
And... I think Babs should have stayed wheel bound. She was an excellent handicapped super hero. The only other two I can think of are Freddy Freeman and Flash Thomson, but they got their legs back when they changed to their alter ego.

Sandfox

This was my gripe with what they Did with Wally... They changed his race but yet he was still fresh in people's minds. He was also in an interracial relationship. I thought making Barry Allen black would have been a better decision, revamping his character for the new age. And I also preferred that a character of color was a florensics officer than a snotty little kid.
I also thought they should have made a huge leap and made Tim Drake the first gay Robin.
But that's just me, I'm crazy.
And... I think Babs should have stayed wheel bound. She was an excellent handicapped super hero. The only other two I can think of are Freddy Freeman and Flash Thomson, but they got their legs back when they changed to their alter ego.

New 52 just made everything Flash related weird and we'll see what DC tries to do with Rebirth.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Because she sucks. Characters with superpowers shouldn't have permanent place in Bat family.

Word. The fact they don't have powers is like, the entire point. Besides, now that the superior Kane is back, who cares about a Cain. ...actually, her working with Kane would be fucking awesome.

I take it back. DC pls.

KonradLaw

Word. The fact they don't have powers is like, the entire point. Besides, now that the superior Kane is back, who cares about a Cain. ...actually, her working with Kane would be fucking awesome.

I take it back. DC pls.

Yeah. I don;t mind Cass on her own, just as long as she stays away from Bat books. She cheapens the whole concept of Batfamily.

KonradLaw

Wait, she has superpowers?

De facto yes. it's explained as some martial arts BS allowing her to predict movements, but for all intents and purposes it acts as a superpower, since it allows her to do crap like dodge bullets at point blank range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom