• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one hoping IF they reveal Joker's true identity he's just a nobody with no climactic connection to Batman. That would be the most fitting case for the Joker and his character.

Would be the most troll-worthy anti climax after the "No...that's impossible" .... i feel like we have 3 potential scenarios;

1) Metron/Mobius bitch-slaps Batgod out of the Mobius Chair before he can reveal it and Batman forgot everything because Rebirth...

2) The Mobius Chair doesn't even know what Joker's name is, hence the "that's impossible"

3) It says that while his name is unknown he was once sent to an orphanage by Martha Kane's sister....

Bonus Round 4) "his name...is Dan Didio..."

Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason is great! and if there is an omnibus for Snyder it won't be for a while. The last trade will come in September iirc, and around the same time his first 3 trades are being recollected in a box set. Expect 2 more of those by next summer imo, so 3 box sets. The whole court of owls is already in an absolute edition, I'd expect the rest of his run will get that treatment in the next 5 or 6 years. I've got the tpbs and love them!

There isn't even a Grant Morrison Batman omnibus yet and that ended like 3 years ago.

Morrison Batman needs an omni (or multiple ones) more than anyone because his run crossed over into like 6 different books.

jackdoe

There isn't even a Grant Morrison Batman omnibus yet and that ended like 3 years ago.

Morrison Batman needs an omni (or multiple ones) more than anyone because his run crossed over into like 6 different books.
I just want them to release the rest of his Batman run in Absolute format. I already own Batman & Robin, Batman Incorporated, and Final Crisis in Absolute. Just need Batman and Son, Black Glove, Batman R.I.P., and Return of Bruce Wayne collected together as an Absolute Edition.

Why you all talking about Joker's origins, trying to guess DC's biggest secret?

The biggest secret is
hypercrisis is real.

I hope they resolicit Darkseid War part 2, it doesn't include the special or #51 & #52.

edit: Oh nvm, they confirmed a name reveal for JL #50.

I think he won't have a name or it's going to get retconned anyways. I wouldn't expect something so dramatic to be revealed without a followup.

Squire

Banned
Would be the most troll-worthy anti climax after the "No...that's impossible" .... i feel like we have 3 potential scenarios;

1) Metron/Mobius bitch-slaps Batgod out of the Mobius Chair before he can reveal it and Batman forgot everything because Rebirth...

2) The Mobius Chair doesn't even know what Joker's name is, hence the "that's impossible"

3) It says that while his name is unknown he was once sent to an orphanage by Martha Kane's sister....

Bonus Round 4) "his name...is Dan Didio..."

Who's Martha Kane? Who's her sister?

I don't really follow Superman so I'm a little confused about the whole multiple Supermen thing. So the pre-New52 Superman exists in the same world as the New52 Superman... and they are different Supermen? Are they aware of each other? Is the world aware of them both?

Fucking comic books, man.

tim1138

Why you all talking about Joker's origins, trying to guess DC's biggest secret?

The biggest secret is
hypercrisis is real.

I hope they resolicit Darkseid War part 2, it doesn't include the special or #51 & #52.

edit: Oh nvm, they confirmed a name reveal for JL #50.

I think he won't have a name or it's going to get retconned anyways. I wouldn't expect something so dramatic to be revealed without a followup.

Hypertime!!!!

Re: New 52 Superman's role in the universe:

WW's Rebirth solicitation says this:

After suffering an unimaginable loss, Wonder Woman must rebuild her mission as Earth’s ultimate protector and champion.

I haven't kept up with WW, is i possible it could be talking about new 52 superman? Or does she have a new significant other? The only other person I can think of would be her mother or steve trevor.

Anyway I thought New 52 Superman was ticking around but had a different costume, redboots and a gold belt, no s-curl.

Also Re: Flash's issue saying not to read until after rebirth

Titans solicitation also said this. Hmm.....

mjc

Am I the only one hoping IF they reveal Joker's true identity he's just a nobody with no climactic connection to Batman. That would be the most fitting case for the Joker and his character.

That's the way it should be. I really hope they don't do something stupid and make him a childhood friend or something.

That's the way it should be. I really hope they don't do something stupid and make him a childhood friend or something.

"It's meeee, Joe, from your middle school English class! I always hated how you looked down at me, you spoiled rich snob!"

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wonder why I shouldn't read Flash rebirth until after the other book

I'll do what I want DC huzzahh

Shazam

Shaanyboi

Banned
"It's meeee, Joe, from your middle school English class! I always hated how you looked down at me, you spoiled rich snob!"

"I AM YOUR FATHER'S BROTHER'S NEPHEW'S COUSIN'S FORMER ROOMMATE!"

"What does that make us?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Which is what you are about to become..."

Agreed, but she may be mentoring the team. That would be acceptable.
Just watched Justice League vs Teen Titans, Starfire is the mentor of the team in that and its pretty interesting.
im kinda hoping the comic goes that direction.
the strong friendship/connection between Damian and Raven would be kinda cool as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched Justice League vs Teen Titans, Starfire is the mentor of the team in that and its pretty interesting.
the strong friendship/connection between Damian and Raven would be kinda cool as well.

So, the movie is good? Just got it today

Yeah, I'm hoping they mimic the dynamic, at least a little.

TheFlow

Banned
Titans rebirth sounds so good.

We got two Titan teams for the new rebirth.

Nightwing and arsenal team and star fire team <3

Yeah, the way they played the Titans movie has me thinking that they might actually make Starfire team leader, or something close to it.

Plus:

2016-03-30.jpg

Mmm, yes. That's gonna be gud.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, the way they played the Titans movie has me thinking that they might actually make Starfire team leader, or something close to it.

Plus:

2016-03-30.jpg

So glad to have a dedicated Bat-family book. It's the reason I feel as strongly about Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal - just having a book that can let these characters constantly play off eachother and grow together feels like the serialized Batman show we've never really gotten.

So glad to have a dedicated Bat-family book. It's the reason I feel as strongly about Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal - just having a book that can let these characters constantly play off eachother and grow together feels like the serialized Batman show we've never really gotten.

Agreed, it's a wonderful dynamic and I'm always glad to get more of it.

Also curious about when they're bringing Harper on board, it's clearly in the cards from the last issue of B&R Eternal.

tim1138

Plus:

2016-03-30.jpg

Look at Batwoman standing there like a boss. That's why I'm more hyped for Tec than Batman.

Who is doing this art? And who are the two chicks next to bat?

There's gonna be two artists on the book, Eddy Barrows and Alvaro Martinez. And there's actualy 3 women in the picture. Left to right, it's Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, and Kate Kane. Codenames Orphan, Spoiler, and Batwoman, respectively.

Veelk

Banned
I cannot tell you in how many ways I am digging that batsuit.

When I was a kid, I liked having the yellow on the chest. I felt like it was the bat signal shining down on the character himself.

As I grew up, I learned to love just the plain bat on the chest by itself. I mean, they had the justification that it drew fire away from his face, but I didn't really buy that because, even if it's true, then taht just means he's getting shot in the chest, which is gonna hurt, armor or not.

Nostalgia aside, i never throught I'd actually enjoy seeing color on a batsuit again. Darkness just suited Batman.

But I feel like the yellow bat outline has resurrected a bit of that shining beacon without for a single second compromising his look like the yellow oval did. It looks great. Same with the belt, which looks awesome as two fangs on his belt, incorperating a bat design without it looking cartoonish.

It's such a fantastic looking costume. It might be one of my favorite batsuits ever.

jph139

Yeah, I absolutely love the new Batman outfit. Yellow and black has always been the best color scheme - DCAU Batgirl is is the greatest for the same reason.

VanWinkle

Plus:

2016-03-30.jpg

MAN I love that picture! Who did the artwork for this, and will they be one of the artists on the actual Detective series? It looks the same as the other artwork we got style-wise so I'm guessing it's actually from one of the artists.

MAN I love that picture! Who did the artwork for this, and will they be one of the artists on the actual Detective series? It looks the same as the other artwork we got style-wise so I'm guessing it's actually from one of the artists.

I'm not totally sure, I got it from Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom