• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

It is. He was in Eternal and Red Robin tried to convert him. Lane's Suit of Sorrows is white and magical. New Valley's suit is red/yellow and tech-based.

Yeah. I saw him in Eternal. Great suit design. I wonder how they will handle him in Detective Comics. He's essentially superhuman in his physical traits. But they also have Clayface there, so I guess the team as a whole will get a lot more powerful.

KonradLaw

People liked Jean-Paul Valley? I mean I don't hate him I guess... but he always just felt like a walking plot device to move Knightfall along.
One of my favorite non-magical DC characters to be honest. Love the whole lore and really enjoyed his solo series..

KOMANI

KOMANI
Here are some early pages of Red Hood: http://www.newsarama.com/29041-dc-r...tml#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/BcIX7qetqW
It looks like Jason is going back to his pre-52 origin of how he met Batman.
I saw this earlier. It was criminal of them to change it to begin with (even though it's not Todd's original origin). Dismantleling a portion of the bat mobile is essential to establish Jason Todd's character. It's like Tim Drake doing detective work to figure Bruce and Dick are Batman and Nightwing/Robin.

LordRaptor

Dismantleling a portion of the bat mobile is essential to establish Jason Todd's character.

People paying actual money on a phone poll to see him killed off is also part of his character, but DC are fine with overturning that and constantly trying to force him back in as the anti-Bat

KOMANI

KOMANI
People paying actual money on a phone poll to see him killed off is also part of his character, but DC are fine with overturning that and constantly trying to force him back in as the anti-Bat
You're opening Pandora's box. Jason Todd death was a part of Bruce's character development, not Jason's. But if we're going to discuss resurrections, Barry Allen is another one who's sacrifice was a major point for the character. And so is Hal's breakdown.

MartyStu

This has stopped being true a while back.

The new RHatO may try to do this again, but he has been more of an Anti-Nightwing since battle for the cowl.

And I wish he was being forced in. Maybe then, Loeb would not be the one writing him.

DC has released some preview pages for Wonder Woman: Rebirth. They're everything I hoped for:

ChfFMvTUoAAIgA4.jpg

ChfFMYpU4AAau6k.jpg

ChfFMG4UgAAI27u.jpg

jackdoe

Those pages are from Liam Sharp. Nicola Scott is the other artist on it. Sharp's pages are current day and Scott is drawing the Year One story.
His art looks like a much better Ethan Van Sciver. Same amount of detail, less asymmetrical people.

Dead

well not really...yet
Woah, that looks great.

Also have to say the movie costume + cloak is the best WW design ever.

Savitar

Wow, that guy has seriously improved. He's always been a damn good artist but that's definitely better than what he has done before.

Wait, 'The Wall' is back?

Indeed she is, and in fine form. They actually released a thing from the Rebirth creative team, Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad: April Fool's Special. It's pretty great, and if it's indicative of where they're taking the book, we're in for a great run.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Respect Jim Lee, love Jim Lee... Can't stand any resigns he draws... Whether they be his own or someone else's.

Here's an interview with James Tynion about what 'Tec will be like if anyone's interested:

http://doomrocket.com/james-tynion-iv-interview/

All he says about Tim Drake gives me so much hope that the character's in good hands and will finally get some well needed development and focus in Rebirth.

He says some good stuff about Tim, but then references Batman and Robin Eternal which I felt was pretty horrible and almost nothing of note for Tim. That was basically the Dick and Harper story with support from everyone else.

KonradLaw

I like how he talked about how WW means a lot to women and the LGBT but didn't call her a Feminist. Also LOL at the "Yo dudes you should totally buy this cuz it has action, monsters, science, and stuff." If this artist were Finch this would have been torn apart by comic sites.

Yeah...a comicbook having monsters, action, science and mythology sounds terrible. Definitely won't buy anything with those elements in it. ;)

SpaceWolf

Banned
So is there like a list out there regarding all the continuity changes and character rewrites this event is going to bring to the DC Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom