• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking love that Johns is dong this shit and bailing. Goddamn this is nuts.

More like shitting and then bailing, amirite?

That One Plot Point is about the single worst possible tone setter for the relaunch I can think of. The other stuff, I'll wait for the context, but I don't see how this can be a good idea at all.

I have so many god damn questions its stupid.

More like shitting and then bailing, amirite?

That One Plot Point is about the single worst possible tone setter for the relaunch I can think of. The other stuff, I'll wait for the context, but I don't see how this can be a good idea at all.

A lot of people will probably think this way, but I honestly don't get that.

Not sure what's wrong with it unless it's uselessly exploited and ran into the ground. As of right now it just seems to be used as a plot device with possibly more to be done with it at a later time. I can't see much anger in that.

7drHiqr.gif

Another possible question...are there some unannounced books that are waiting to be revealed?

I recall reading a rumor that they've got some stuff in the wings for when/if they have to drop some of their bimonthly books to monthly, but nothing other than that.

I'd put money on
JLA actually being a JSA book now, though.

I'm not posting an actual spoiler here, but
there's something deeply lazy and hackish about not just returning to the well of a classic story that was intended to be entirely self-contained, and distinct from any "superhero universe" as conventionally defined, but about positioning that, symbolically and otherwise, as the foundation for their universe going forward. Especially when its creators have made it clear that DC is disregarding their wishes in doing so,

I'd put money on

That actually makes a lot of sense.

I'm kind of curious on if they will now have some kind of Ultimates style book on their end now. A team that is working with and around that big background stuff to keep it at least in perspective.

I'm not posting an actual spoiler here, but
there's something deeply lazy and hackish about not just returning to the well of a classic story that was intended to be entirely self-contained, and distinct from any "superhero universe" as conventionally defined, but about positioning that, symbolically and otherwise, as the foundation for their universe going forward. Especially when its creators have made it clear that DC is disregarding their wishes in doing so,

meh.gif

I care about possibility for the future, it doesn't do shit to the past that stuff is still there.

tim1138

I recall reading a rumor that they've got some stuff in the wings for when/if they have to drop some of their bimonthly books to monthly, but nothing other than that.

I'd put money on

Re: your spoiler, that's what I've been saying for awhile now

Savitar

Come on, guys... Post the juice news here in a big spoiler tab or at least include me on the big bomb spoiler PM loop.

Fine

Red head Wally is back! Watchmen is part of the DC universe, oh yeah, Doc Manhattan made it. Remember a certain big blue hand that always showed up in DC's comics as the creation of the universe? BOOM.

Fine

Red head Wally is back! Watchmen is part of the DC universe, oh yeah, Doc Manhattan made it. Remember a certain big blue hand that always showed up in DC's comics as the creation of the universe? BOOM.

Don't forget the thing everyone is forgetting and is actually massive!

There are three jokers....

No idea...

Savitar

Encouraging people to read Bleeding Cool smh.

Despite some click bate articles and some smuck which seems to be the case with most sites these days Bleeding Cool does make us aware of various things that goes on in the industry that some other sites might not want to touch for fear of pissing off the big two. Considering how many times we get news from them and they break some stories I cut them a bit of slack.

Holy fucking shit DC. Wish I hadn't read the spoilers.

SERIOUSLY DON'T READ THEM. Experience this on your own then come on GAF and freak out in amazement or anger or whatever.

Really ballsy shake ups.

Welp, wasn't anything I hadn't already seen, lol. Dammit!

So, as long as this isn't anything as crass as
literally just bringing in the Watchmen as if they're some kind of regular part of the universe,
I think it's gonna be alright. It certainly seems like there's more fuckery going on than that.

tim1138

Welp, wasn't anything I hadn't already seen, lol. Dammit!

So, as long as this isn't anything as crass as
literally just bringing in the Watchmen as if they're some kind of regular part of the universe,
I think it's gonna be alright. It certainly seems like there's more fuckery going on than that.

Bat. Shit. Insane.

how big of a role does joker and new 52 superman play?

Didn't really go into details, just sort of revealed the big reveals.

haha sorry i meant do we find out why he's not feature in the future issues post rebirth

Are you not reading the SuperLeague/Last days of Superman(whatever they want to call it)?

Seems pretty clear he either loses his powers or dies and pre52 supes, along with others, take it place.

tim1138

I'm not at liberty to go into details (don't wanna get my source in trouble), but I've heard very good things about a couple of the first Rebirth titles.

Didn't really go into details, just sort of revealed the big reveals.

Are you not reading the SuperLeague/Last days of Superman(whatever they want to call it)?

Seems pretty clear he either loses his powers or dies and pre52 supes, along with others, take it place.

Im catching up on the superman run i just started Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom