• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman.

Maybe the lame answer, what with them being the holy trinity, but it's true. But it's also not like I like them THAT much more than a bunch of other DC characters, so it's all relative.

Batman, Flash, Nightwing.

I can't take all the glowing praise I'm seeing for this Rebirth issue. Even people going in knowing the spoilers. I just want to read it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That's why Blackman and Williams left Batwoman, they had a marriage arc planned for Kate and Maggie and Didio/editorial were like "Nah, no marriages allowed"

And their defense for "they're not letting the lesbians get married" was "well actually, we're not letting anyone get married", right?

TheFlow

Banned
MAJOR Titan spoilers

Wally will rejoin teammates Donna Troy, Arsenal, Garth, Lilith and Nightwing for TITANS: REBIRTH #1, hitting shelves June 15th.

damn the og team returns

MisterHero

Superman
Kyle Rayner
Plastic Man
Honorable Mention: The Big Red Cheese aka Captain Marvel

If I could make any 3 DC movies, it'd be these guys

MAJOR Titan spoilers

Wally will rejoin teammates Donna Troy, Arsenal, Garth, Lilith and Nightwing for TITANS: REBIRTH #1, hitting shelves June 15th.

damn the og team returns

Yup. Click at your own peril, the cover.

It's a
new-ish costume, isn't it? Red and silver, from the looks of it. I can dig it.

tim1138

And their defense for "they're not letting the lesbians get married" was "well actually, we're not letting anyone get married", right?

It honestly had nothing to do with it being a same sex marriage, it was just marriage in general. Literally the only hero who was married before the N52 and stayed married was Animal Man. They broke up Lois and Clark, Iris and Barry, Jay and Joan, the Hawks (they don't even exist on the same Earth), Arthur and Mera stayed a couple but weren't married, Ollie and Dinah, Kate and Renee, and so forth and so on.

There was a really dumb comment from Didio about how the universe was too young for characters to be getting married, and happy characters had no conflict. Whatever the quote was in the Faraci interview was pretty much it verbatim.

Which sounds fake as fuck but actually is kind of the case, when you go over how many marriages and stable relationships just up and vanished in the New 52.

The optics were fucking terrible (it may or may not be coincidence that there have been significantly fewer public creator walkoffs since the "DC won't let a lesbian couple get married" story made international headlines), but I do honestly believe that it had nothing to do with homophobia, at least.

Really, the worst part was how DiDio exacted petty revenge on Blackman and JHWIII by having a scab writer take over the book two issues earlier than they had intended, then having him finish their story in an annual.

The optics were fucking terrible (it may or may not be coincidence that there have been significantly fewer public creator walkoffs since the "DC won't let a lesbian couple get married" story made international headlines), but I do honestly believe that it had nothing to do with homophobia, at least.

Really, the worst part was how DiDio exacted petty revenge on Blackman and JHWIII by having a scab writer take over the book two issues earlier than they had intended, then having him finish their story in an annual.

Nah, the worst part was turning Kate into a vampire and sending her to space. That was The Dumbest Thing. You wanna talk about shitting on a run...

Batman/Bruce Wayne (Moench/Grant/Dixon/Dini/Snyder)
Robin/Tim Drake (Best sidekick)
Bane pre-New52

Very Honorable Mentions:

Batgirl/Cassandra Caine
Huntress/ Helena Bertinelli (Rucka/Dixon)
Oracle/Barbara Gordon
Nightwing/Dick Grayson (Dixon)
Sasha Bordeaux

And I really do like the (Blue) Beetles, the Questions, the Specters, the Lanterns, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flashes the same, favoritism has always been lame to me in that side of the DC universe.

So excited for tomorrow! I can't wait to actually read the special, even though I already spoiled a lot of it already, haha.

As far as my three favorite DC characters, they would be:

Tim Drake
Dick Grayson
Batman

Top 3? Bloody difficult but if i had to pick 3 and not...10...

Batman/Bruce Wayne
Superman
Hal Jordan =/= Dick Grayson

I could pick Darkseid or Sinestro or just other characters but eh. Im really looking forward to Rebirth. Based on my CMX wishlist in June ill spend about £33 on Rebirth comics alone

Sorry if thats the wrong thread, but wasnt there a thread about DC revealing the Jokers identity (cant find it)... Wasnt that about to happen today?

Dead

well not really...yet
Preview of one of Frank Cho's Wonder Woman variants

wldUPCo.jpg

KonradLaw

Two days before this thread goes into overdrive.

What's everyone's top three favorite DC characters. Mine are pretty simple.

Superman
Firestorm
Green Arrow
As a whole:
1. John Constantine
2. Sandman
3. Lucifer Morningstar

from talking solely about the more superheroic portion of the verse:

1.Green Arrow
2. Spectre
3. Batman (Bruce Wayne of course)

Toughest question ever, but...

1. Ted Kord (no doubt here)
2. Superman
3. Batman

But if I could have answered with teams...

1. JLI
2. Doom Patrol
3. Justice Society

GeeTeeCee

Batman
John Constantine
Deathstroke

I'm looking forward to Rebirth - even if the upcoming double shipping means I'll be reading a lot less comics than currently - but this week also has the end of Darkseid War, finally. It's been pretty fun.

MartyStu

1) Dunno
2) Dunno
3) Batman

Seriously though, I do not follow many characters very closely. I follow writers and artists mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom