• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Excited for this, haven't read the spoilers but the buzz has me in anticipation.

Struggling to think of a definitive top three. Too many to choose from. I'll say Superman, Batman and Flash families of heroes and villains casts the widest net of greats.

1) Superman
2) Batman
3) Flash (Wally West)

Tied for fourth place : Kyle Rayner, Raven (Teen Titans cartoon version), Wonder Woman and the version of Robin that only exists in my brain and is an amalgamation of Dick Grayson and Cassandra Cain.

Favorite team is the JSA.

I can't wait for Rebirth, I hate myself for having read some of the spoilers but I managed to stop before I read everything. I hope this new start for DC will work, almost all of the titles they have announced are tempting me, the only thing that will prevent me from buying every first issue will be my lack of free time.

So I have a question regarding Comixology if anyone that uses it can help me out:

This is my first time using it for a new release and I preordered the special. Will I be able to read it right at midnight, or will I not have access till later in the day?

TheFlow

Banned
So I have a question regarding Comixology if anyone that uses it can help me out:

This is my first time using it for a new release and I preordered the special. Will I be able to read it right at midnight, or will I not have access till later in the day?

3 am eastern I believe.

barrbarr

In theory this code should let you get Rebirth for free - https://m.comixology.com/redeem?code=DCRebirthDCGames

I saw it floating around twitter a few minutes ago and it should automatically unlock Rebirth at midnight.

Awe man just missed out. :(

I'm really excited for Rebirth. I know that the NU52 wasn't loved by everyone, but we got some great stories over the last 5 years. I'm really glad to hear that this continuity is gonna be sticking around.

CjMomTDWEAAKB5g.jpg:large

Page from Action Comics by Gary Frank.

At this point I'm really excited for Rebirth. Got JL #50 and Rebirth...probably when I get up tomorrow, rather than staying up tonight. Some of Newsarama's articles with Geoff Johns and just thoughts were pretty cool, even Faraci's review, about how it's as much DC admitting where things went wrong rather than actually throwing the blame on something else.

Although I haven't heard great things about his Marvel work I'm also excited for Humphries' Green Lantern, mainly because I love GL but also because Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz haven't had a lot of screen time so it'll be something new!

Squire

Banned
For that CMX code, do you get the issue once it's live? It worked for me (I used it earlier), but I don't see the book in My Books yet.

tim1138

On what time zone is the midnight release ? How many hours left ? I might stay up for it as well but it's already 7pm where I live.

It's likely midnight EST which means there's still about 10.5 hours left.

For that CMX code, do you get the issue once it's live? It worked for me (I used it earlier), but I don't see the book in My Books yet.

That's my understanding of it, once the book goes live it will be readable/downloadable.

Dalek

Page from Action Comics by Gary Frank.

At this point I'm really excited for Rebirth. Got JL #50 and Rebirth...probably when I get up tomorrow, rather than staying up tonight. Some of Newsarama's articles with Geoff Johns and just thoughts were pretty cool, even Faraci's review, about how it's as much DC admitting where things went wrong rather than actually throwing the blame on something else.

Although I haven't heard great things about his Marvel work I'm also excited for Humphries' Green Lantern, mainly because I love GL but also because Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz haven't had a lot of screen time so it'll be something new!

To me, Gary Frank is the best artist out there. That looks so great.

SuperOrez

I've been collecting DC trades of Justice League, Batman and Wonder Woman. Is this also gonna be in a collected edition? Would this be a good spot to transition to issues instead of trades? Is it worth it?

I've been collecting DC trades of Justice League, Batman and Wonder Woman. Is this also gonna be in a collected edition? Would this be a good spot to transition to issues instead of trades? Is it worth it?

I think Rebirth #1 will be collected in the DC Rebirth Omnibus which is currently priced at about £35 ($45?) and includes every x - Rebirth, I think.

Edit for Dalek: Yeah, he's definetley one of the best. His Superman just looks heroic and he did great work on GL occasionally (I think) and esp the Shazam backups in JL for the N52.

Dalek

GEOFF JOHNS: 'If You Don't Like DCU: REBIRTH, I’ll Send You a Check' ... For Reals

This week's DC Universe: Rebirth #1 special is the last Geoff Johns solo-written comic book you'll see on shelves for a while, and he's so sure you'll enjoy it, he's offering a money back guarantee out of his own pocket.

"It’s $2.99 for 80 pages. It’s not a lot," Johns told Comicbook.com. "If anyone wants to check out comics, wants to check out DC Universe Rebirth #1 and doesn’t like it, they can mail [the comic book] to Warner Bros., to me, and I will send them a check, I literally will, for both postage and for the book. I will buy all these books back because I believe in this issue a lot. I think it’ll do very well. I hope it does well. But I seriously will, I’ll buy back this book."

tim1138

To me, Gary Frank is the best artist out there. That looks so great.

I think Rebirth #1 will be collected in the DC Rebirth Omnibus which is currently priced at about £35 ($45?) and includes every x - Rebirth, I think.

Edit for Dalek: Yeah, he's definetley one of the best. His Superman just looks heroic and he did great work on GL occasionally (I think) and esp the Shazam backups in JL for the N52.

Frank has also been doing great work in the Batman Earth One OGN's.

tim1138

Yeah I really love those. Love Batman Earth One, but hate Superman Earth One.

Superman is the worst of the line. The Batman, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman books are all outstanding. There's supposed to be Aquaman and Flash books out next year, but Flash is by JMS and Francis Manapul is writing and drawing Aquaman (so it'll look good at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom