• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters:
1) Superman
2) Nightwing
3) Timber Wolf

Teams:
1) Legion of Super-heroes
2) Justice Society of America
3) Doom Patrol/Wolfman Era New Teen Titans

VanWinkle

Superman is the worst of the line. The Batman, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman books are all outstanding. There's supposed to be Aquaman and Flash books out next year, but Flash is by JMS and Francis Manapul is writing and drawing Aquaman (so it'll look good at least).

I'm actually really pumped for Manapul Aquaman. That will be beautiful looking. I think he's a decent writer (obviously not spectacular).

Teen Titans was great but it should have been twice the length, considering how much time they spent fleshing out the origins.

tim1138

I'm actually really pumped for Manapul Aquaman. That will be beautiful looking. I think he's a decent writer (obviously not spectacular).

Teen Titans was great but it should have been twice the length, considering how much time they spent fleshing out the origins.

You're in luck, volume 2 comes out in August!

Favourite DC characters. I can do that, though I am much more familiar with the cartoons then the comics.

Characters:
1) Beast Boy
2) Raven
3) Batman

If we are stating favourite teams as well : Teen Titans.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's kind of fun trying to find the thread that ties these top three characters together for people.

Dalek

Superman is the worst of the line. The Batman, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman books are all outstanding. There's supposed to be Aquaman and Flash books out next year, but Flash is by JMS and Francis Manapul is writing and drawing Aquaman (so it'll look good at least).

Ugh...I'm not a JMS fan.

I thought Francis's Darkseid War one-shot was horrible so I'm not too excited about Aquaman Year One even though I love Aquaman.

Tony Daniel's writing is mediocre and Bryan Hitch's art looked the worst it ever has in JLA (but the writing was surprisingly enjoyable) so this isn't a good trend. DC needs to be slapped upside the head and told once and for all that only Mignola is allowed to write and draw comics.

Apt101

I preordered Rebirth #1, Batman Rebirth, and Wonder Woman Rebirth digitally on Amazon hoping they unlock at midnight. *crosses fingers*

Penguin

Probably posted, but if not

Dig the full cast promo pic
CjQyuH2WgAASGaZ.jpg:orig

MartyStu

So, pretty much every artist since Superheavy has drawn Batman with the purple cape.

That is pretty astounding.

How threatening do y'all think the DC-wide email that Capullo must have sent was in order to accomplish this minor miracle?

So, pretty much every artist since Superheavy has drawn Batman with the purple cape.

That is pretty astounding.

How threatening do y'all think the DC-wide email that Capullo must have sent was in order to accomplish this minor miracle?

Capullo is like one of 3 dudes left in comics who could beat people up if they wanted to, so I'd imagine pretty threatening.

Choosing only three heroes was difficult.

Top 3 Heroes

1. Batwoman
2. Kyle Rayner
3. Barbara Gordon

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), Booster Gold, Element Girl, Power Girl, Stephanie Brown, Supergirl and Vibe were strong contenders.

Top 3 Teams

1. Green Lantern Corps
2. Justice League
3. Teen Titans

TheFlow

Banned
The wait for the first on-going titles is going to be increasingly harder following DC Universe: Rebirth, but I want it so bad. Is it going to be available at midnight via Comixology?
Cmx is not bound by local stores rule so they can put it up at midnight but I doubt it

ReiGun

full

Why they do this?

VanWinkle

I thought Francis's Darkseid War one-shot was horrible so I'm not too excited about Aquaman Year One even though I love Aquaman.

Tony Daniel's writing is mediocre and Bryan Hitch's art looked the worst it ever has in JLA (but the writing was surprisingly enjoyable) so this isn't a good trend. DC needs to be slapped upside the head and told once and for all that only Mignola is allowed to write and draw comics.

Tony Daniel is just drawing on Justice League, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom