• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the comic is sold out? Why is it so hard for me to find info on this damn thing. I don't want the digital comic, and I don't want the second print (even though I may have to buy it instead).

I see people selling the first print on Ebay for $7... but I'm not sure if it's worth it or if they're legit.

TheFlow

Banned
So the comic is sold out? Why is it so hard for me to find info on this damn thing. I don't want the digital comic, and I don't want the second print (even though I may have to buy it instead).

I see people selling the first print on Ebay for $7... but I'm not sure if it's worth it or if they're legit.

lol you going out your way to miss a good story

LordRaptor

Calendar Man with roman numerals tattooed to his head? Doesn't he usually have the months' abbreviations?

My first thought was it was a Clock King redesign.

I always liked the Denny O'Neil era CK
calendar_man.jpg

Gotta say, the art is phenomenal and Batman's design is great.

From now on, do I have to buy everything or can I stick to the main stuff and maybe Batman/Flash ?

tim1138

From now on, do I have to buy everything or can I stick to the main stuff and maybe Batman/Flash ?

No need to buy everything at all, just get the books that interest you! Chasing an entire publishers line is a fools errand, there's always going to be some clunkers not worth your time or money.

You can read what you want, though there's naturally going to be a few multi-book crossovers.

Personally, I'm committed to picking up every oneshot, just to get a solid sampling of everything. There'll definitely be series I don't commit to, but I wanna be able to say I tried 'em all.

Yes, but new issues come out twice a month, so $6 monthly.

Aside from the page thing, not all the books are bimonthly; only about half.

So are all rebirth comics at 2.99 dolareedoos? If so, I'm gonna start leaning towards DC a lot more.

Yep. and 99(50)% sure that Johns or Lee or Didio said that'd even be for event books too, when they come around. Rather than doing what I hear CW2 is doing with $4.99 for a normalish amount of pages?

What books are bi monthly? All I know is Batman and Wonder Woman

Full breakdown.

I think I crunched the numbers at one point, it's like... 17 bimonthly 14 monthly or vice versa. A lot of those are NOT gonna be able to sustain sales on a bimonthly basis, like Cyborg and Suicide Squad; best bet is those'll drop to monthly soonish, with new series being introduced shortly thereafter.

That's conjecture, tho.

Squire

Banned
There's very little point in counting pages when so many artists/writers manage panel real estate as differently as they do.

There is a "Rebirth" sale right now on comixology (meaning the n52 series are on sale) but only included Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Green Arrow. The only thing I wanted is Wonder Woman....

Hagi

Full breakdown.

I think I crunched the numbers at one point, it's like... 17 bimonthly 14 monthly or vice versa. A lot of those are NOT gonna be able to sustain sales on a bimonthly basis, like Cyborg and Suicide Squad; best bet is those'll drop to monthly soonish, with new series being introduced shortly thereafter.

That's conjecture, tho.

JGx0wZV.gif

That's pretty crazy that they are going all in like that but yeah not all of them are going to keep that momentum. I'm in for bi-montly Nightwing though lol

Just noticed that Comixology sale is just for characters featured in this week Rebirth one shoots. It ends next tuesday, so there will be probably a sale next week for the next releases, including Wonder Woman.

Yeah they're already anticipating many of the double shipped books to switch to monthly.

I'll be surprised if more than Batman & JL stay double shipped. Still, 2.99 price point is very attractive.

TheFlow

Banned
Just noticed that Comixology sale is just for characters featured in this week Rebirth one shoots. It ends next tuesday, so there will be probably a sale next week for the next releases, including Wonder Woman.

yep hoping for wonder woman and aqua man sale.

only going to buy the first 25 isssues of both

kmfdmpig

And Nightwing, and Deathstroke, and Suicide Squad, and probably Green Arrow...

The nice thing is if sales don't support twice a month then those books will become regular monthly titles.

Right, that's why some of the choices seem so weird. Cyborg, Deathstroke, and Nightwing were on the cusp of not being able to support monthly titles in recent years and now they think it'll work twice monthly without absolute top-tier creators? That seems wildly optimistic.

Right, that's why some of the choices seem so weird. Cyborg, Deathstroke, and Nightwing were on the cusp of not being able to support monthly titles in recent years and now they think it'll work twice monthly without absolute top-tier creators? That seems wildly optimistic.

Deathstroke might do alright if Priest blows everyone's socks off and Nightwing is starting with "Better Than Batman" so that's sure to get some press.

Cyborg, however, is DOA and they should have put a top-tier artist and writer team on him and gave him backup stories in Batman or Justice League instead of a full series right now. Actually, that's what they should have done in 2011 and he might have been really popular by now. Instead they did backup stories for Shazam that led into nothing. DC is weird.

kmfdmpig

I always thought nightwing was super popular, like third after Batman and Superman. Dick fans must just be super vocal.

Grayson started well, but usually Nightwing/Grayson were in the 30-40k range, which is decent, but unspectacular.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-july-2014-75-years-of-batman/
http://batman-news.com/2016/04/16/monthly-comic-book-sales-report-january-and-february-2016/

Hopefully the book does well as I like the character, but I suspect it'll not stay twice monthly for too long.

jph139

In general, I really like the style with the variants. Just enough window dressing.

IVb9EMX.jpg

I'm gonna try and stick with them for the Rebirth issues I grab (currently only Batman and Superman, but probably more in the future). It'll suck if I have to mix and match "face zoom" and "character design" style, though.

What's looking like the best Superman comic to jump onto?

Edit by the way this is a great Cover.
Superman-Rebirth-Variant.jpgl

Tomasi/Gleason's Superman is probably going to be the best, just going off the strength of the creative team. All the super-books look pretty cool, though, except maybe Superwoman, and even that one I'm curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom