• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget he has two weapons that can basically kill in one hit, the disintegrator killed the two kids and his normal laser took down Hawkkid.
You're absolutely right!

He destroyed whatshisface but he didn't oneshot Stein, which I thought was odd. Guess he ran out of ammo :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Could be that the members of the team are valuable enough to the timeline, but not important historically.

It's actually a smart dynamic because we have a "bad guy" actually motivated not to seriously harm the team.

Joni

You're absolutely right!

He destroyed whatshisface but he didn't oneshot Stein, which I thought was odd. Guess he ran out of ammo :p
Plot armor. Or he really deserves the Boba Fett nickname for his shitty aiming.

Could be that the members of the team are valuable enough to the timeline, but not important historically.

It's actually a smart dynamic because we have a "bad guy" actually motivated not to serious harm the team.
Certainly possible. In which case Rip was fairly cruel in how he told them they weren't important.

weshes195

So, this Chronos guy is actually a good guy then?

If you believe that the Time Masters are right, sure. But I believe he is meant to be bad.

He murdered two bystanders for no reason. I mean literally no reason, they didn't even record what they saw, no one is gonna believe what they said.

It was meant to show the audience he is a bad guy.

Joni

So how was it overall? My fiance watches BBT every Thursday night, and I didn't want to tune in after missing the first 30 minutes.
Fun. There is quite stuff that fell flat, like them needing to introduce every character again. It delivered on hilarious one-liners and the wacky character combinations also worked.
Also, did you basically skip this for a rerun?

Or morally ambigious. He isn't bad, he is just driven by his mission neutral.

Fun. There is quite stuff that fell flat, like them needing to introduce every character again. It delivered on hilarious one-liners and the wacky character combinations also worked.

I honestly forgot it was on last night until I saw the GAF thread later. I always give the TV to my fiance at 8 PM on Thursday nights because she just has to watch BBT whenever its on even if it's a re-run.

CW shows in my book

Flash 8/10
Arrow 6/10 -8/10
episode yesterday? a low 7/10 >>

Thanks both of you. I'm a little burnt out on superhero shows at the moment since I already watch Flash, Arrow, Shield, and Agent Carter, so I was going to skip it until later unless it turned out to be really good.

Joni

I honestly forgot it was on last night until I saw the GAF thread later. I always give the TV to my fiance at 8 PM on Thursday nights because she just has to watch BBT whenever its on even if it's a re-run.
You're in luck. They have a rerun planned out: 1/26/16 (Tu.) 9:00 PM The CW (#101) Pilot, Part 1 (R) instead of a new iZombie.

Parch

I liked the first episode, but they did have a lot to cover so there wasn't a lot of filler. That's probably my biggest complaint about the DC TV shows. The drama in Arrow is just boring.
Legends looks like it has good potential as long as they can keep up the action. I like that it could be more comicbooky instead of melodramatic.

Joni

Man I wish these shows are on Netflix instead of CW, they would be hell of a lot better.
They would be a terrible fit. Arrow and Flash would basically never stop crime while the main plot is stretched out because they stupidly don't do filler. And we'd have to wait a year for only half the episodes. We already go crazy now.

Somnia

Arrow has gone from a 9/10 to a low 3/10 for me now.

Flash is still a solid 8.

Man I wish these shows are on Netflix instead of CW, they would be hell of a lot better.

I wish The 100 was on Netflix, they push the boundaries of broadcast television with some stuff, but I'd like them to take it further. (and no I don't mean nudity for those who saw yesterdays episode... ok it wouldn't hurt but thats not why I want it on there!)

Joni

I wish The 100 was on Netflix, they push the boundaries of broadcast television with some stuff, but I'd like them to take it further. (and no I don't mean nudity for those who saw yesterdays episode... ok it wouldn't hurt but thats not why I want it on there!)

Would Netflix even be interested in a show about a youth adult book?

Somnia

Would Netflix even be interested in a show about a youth adult book?

If it made them money for sure. It just depends on how big the book is, the following of the series, etc.

With the way Netflix is growing in original content it's a matter of time till they try and grab the Pretty Little Liars age crowd.

Joni

Seeing as Netflix Canada has next day airing rights and it is available in many regions to stream. Probably not.
There is a difference between redistribution rights and actually finding the show, deciding to turn it into a show.

If it made them money for sure. It just depends on how big the book is, the following of the series, etc.
It had zero following and zero sales when Warner picked it up for The CW.

BamfMeat

Your surprised by the bad acting.... on the CW?

I expect that. The first episode was a lot of fun, nothing great, but I appreciate how unashamedly it embraced being a comic book show. I am not sure I will stick with it but it at least has me curious.

Yeah, CW or not, (some of) the actors are decent actors, IMO. I like both the Prison Break guys and Mr Titanic. Also, Rory.

The things we do for love.

I supported this change last night and I still support adding Randal/Randall to it and like I already said it fits even better with the playing off "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

It's actually a smart dynamic because we have a "bad guy" actually motivated not to seriously harm the team.
I like you!!!
This theory makes the show more fun, therefore I choose to believe it.

Just like how Zoom is 100% totally without a doubt
Patty

Rooster12

That show is fine, they already take it as far as it can on a network TV show. The only thing left is killing the two main characters.

Kronotech

Enjoyed the episode for what it was up until the reveal at the end,
where Rip lied about them being Legends. I'm confused as to why he would actually take a chance with C Cold and Heat if that were the case. He's working outside of the approval of the council so why would he risk his unsanctioned mission bringing two guys who were most likely not going to care (or have an ulterior motive?). From an interview I saw the other day, it looks like there will be an evolution of sorts for them so I'll just go with that for now... but still. Came across as a lazy way of shoving those two in for more screen time.

That's the only part that bothered me aside from the assembled team that I'm not fully loving just yet. I do love me some time travel though so I'm game.

Joni

where Rip lied about them being Legends. I'm confused as to why he would actually take a chance with C Cold and Heat if that were the case. He's working outside of the approval of the council so why would he risk his unsanctioned mission bringing two guys who were most likely not going to care (or have an ulterior motive?). From an interview I saw the other day, it looks like there will be an evolution of sorts for them so I'll just go with that for now... but still. Came across as a lazy way of shoving those two in for more screen time.

That's the only part that bothered me aside from the assembled team that I'm not fully loving just yet. I do love me some time travel though so I'm game.
He might not have many other prospects. He can only take people that make no difference so he couldnt take the others. And they have skills they might need in their journey.

Ithil

It was ok I suppose. It's such a high concept, with such a large main cast, that I'm willing to let it play out for a few episodes to find its footing and properly establish everything. I imagine there's going to be a couple of stinkers in the early episodes of the show.

I'm very quickly sensing that Captain Cold, Heatwave, Canary and Atom are going to be the standouts in this ensemble, however. Both the Hawks are dull as sin so far and I'm not getting the impression that's simply from a lack of screentime yet.

DieH@rd

Banned

He said that he choose team
by looking at their chances of impacting history. That's why I don't mind he also picked two of the Rogues. Plus, they are awesome.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If you believe that the Time Masters are right, sure. But I believe he is meant to be bad.

He murdered two bystanders for no reason. I mean literally no reason, they didn't even record what they saw, no one is gonna believe what they said.

he murdered bill and ted :(

With the way Netflix is growing in original content it's a matter of time till they try and grab the Pretty Little Liars age crowd.
Have they not already done that? Isn't Pretty Little Liars one of those shows that the episode is uploaded to Netflix the night after it airs?

Amen brother.

They would be a terrible fit. Arrow and Flash would basically never stop crime while the main plot is stretched out because they stupidly don't do filler. And we'd have to wait a year for only half the episodes. We already go crazy now.

Quality over quantity. Arrow and Flash would definitely benefit from being on Netflix.

Joni

Quality over quantity. Arrow and Flash would definitely benefit from being on Netflix.
I take 17 good and 6 weak episodes over 7 good and 6 weak episodes. In this case, quality and quantity are also directly related. With their length Arrow and Flash can offer us one-off stuff that is very enjoyable, which the Netflix stuff can't. Flash has given so much good stuff with many diverse actors and villains, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones together gave us two noteworthy villains, yet neither as good as the Reverse Flash. And they had nothing the likes of Trickster, Cold, Grodd, Weather Wizard. A Flash show on Netflix would have Reverse Flash, and that is it. That would be awful. The Netflix shows have basically the same problem as the movies, so focussed that they can never get to the fun stuff.

I take 17 good and 6 weak episodes over 7 good and 6 weak episodes. In this case, quality and quantity are also directly related. With their length Arrow and Flash can offer us one-off stuff that is very enjoyable, which the Netflix stuff can't. Flash has given so much good stuff with many diverse actors and villains, while Daredevil and Jessica Jones together gave us two noteworthy villains, yet neither as good as the Reverse Flash. And they had nothing the likes of Trickster, Cold, Grodd, Weather Wizard. A Flash show on Netflix would have Reverse Flash, and that is it. That would be awful. The Netflix shows have basically the same problem as the movies, so focussed that they can never get to the fun stuff.

Now we're getting into personal opinion over what episodes and story lines are good. I definitely disagree with pretty much everything you've said except the bit about fun stuff. So far we haven't really had stand alone/filler episodes in the Netflix shows to show off completely out there "fun stuff". Doesn't mean they can't do it though.

The Netflix shows wouldn't exist if Arrow hadn't taken off

Who's to say really.

Joni

Now we're getting into personal opinion over what episodes and story lines are good. I definitely disagree with pretty much everything you've said except the bit about fun stuff. So far we haven't really had stand alone/filler episodes in the Netflix shows to show off completely out there "fun stuff". Doesn't mean they can't do it though.
I'm curious to the secundary villains in Jessica Jones on par of Trickster, Weather Wizard, Cold and Grodd, both in quality and attention. They're focussing so hard on a single storyline even where they can't fill their show, and fake cliffhangers at the end of the episodes while not giving you incentive to let them sink in. You can say they can do otherwise, I can only say that two shows in, they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom