• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I think if I could choose between this, and a Captain Cold/Heatwave spinoff, I'd choose the latter. Reeeally not a fan of the writing of this, everything felt kinda.. stupid and pointless. The whole bar scene, both Firestorm characters being completely unlikable idiots, Hawkguys doing nothing and being generally boring. Atom and the Rogues are the only somewhat interesting characters to me, so far. And I could do just fine without Atom I guess.
Oh, Rip was okay as well, I guess, but oh, so cliché in every word he said, I mean, read from the obvious script.

I dunno, I expected way more. Will keep watching for a while, but my enthusiasm waded a lot. If this also means no more Cold in Flash, then that's even worse.

Joni

I dunno, I expected way more. Will keep watching for a while, but my enthusiasm waded a lot. If this also means no more Cold in Flash, then that's even worse.
It is probable that we won't see them there again this year, but on the other hand, Flash has a lot of other stuff on its plate and it makes sure they don't immediately get stolen by Prison Break.

I'm curious to the secundary villains in Jessica Jones on par of Trickster, Weather Wizard, Cold and Grodd, both in quality and attention. They're focussing so hard on a single storyline even where they can't fill their show, and fake cliffhangers at the end of the episodes while not giving you incentive to let them sink in. You can say they can do otherwise, I can only say that two shows in, they haven't.

No, I'm agreeing with you that there aren't the secondary side characters outside the main story line. Well ignoring Nuke in JJ and most of the other characters in Daredevil. But that's about the only thing you'll probably miss out on if Arrow or Flash were on Netflix. But even then, they could easily do it in that format if they wanted.

Skux

As long as we change the "Of" in the title to "of" I'll be happy. Prepositions shouldn't be capitalised in titles unless they're like 5 characters or longer.

Johndoey

Banned
Just starting to watch the first episode.

White guy kidnaps young physically strong black man to risk his life in new strange environments? ehhhh

And he is at his strongest when buried deep within the young black man and the two are one? I don't know how to feel.

The bar fight is great.

Ray is one of those assholes that insists on being called Doctor.

Dude looks nothing like Boba fett.

The shootout is really good.

Stein with that sick attempted guilt trip.

Ashhong

That one guy isn't exactly Stormtrooper tier, even if he looks it.

Fair enough, but they sure didn't make it seem this way in the show. IIRC, he was literally just standing there shooting his one gun. Firestorm and Atom came flying out of the ship shooting shit everywhere and yet the guy was untouched.

Hoping they do fights better later on. I doubt it though, this show has 8 heroes at a time (ish), it's going to be touch making villains that would give them a real, believable challenge. They already conveniently forget to use Flash's super speed when they want.

White guy kidnaps young physically strong black man to risk his life in new strange environments? ehhhh

And he is at his strongest when buried deep within the young black man and the two are one? I don't know how to feel.

The bar fight is great.

Ray is one of those assholes that insists on being called Doctor.

Dude looks nothing like Boba fett.

The shootout is really good.

Stein with that sick attempted guilt trip.

Is every thread on GAF going to be about race now or sexism now?

Klyka

Banned
Just finally watched the episode and I massively enjoyed it.

I think the characters work great together (Canary asking Cold to dance was just funny) and I'm gonna enjoy watching their exploits every week.

Johndoey

Banned

I think the characters work great together (Canary asking Cold to dance was just funny) and I'm gonna enjoy watching their exploits every week.

Yeah that entire bar scene was a lot of fun.

Qtz9hPy.jpg

Ashhong

I for one much prefer her costume in this show. Don't get me wrong, I love cleavage as much as the next guy, but her Black Canary pushup bra was just stupid looking.

Faenix1

Still can't stand Hawk couple, and Robbie's replacement.

Wouldn't mind if they just vanished one day, probably would be easier to write for with 4 less characters.

Gotta admit it's been taking the piss recently. Sometimes I swear that some people only watch shows so that they can be the first to find something that could be interpreted as offensive somehow.

Rue

I loved it as well. It was just a ton of fun and I'm interested in where this is heading!

The characters are all so.. oddly diverse in the best kind of way.

ZeroX03

Banned

Would you feel better about things if both partners in the Firestorm relationship were versatile as opposed to top and bottom?

I hate that they changed Savage's origin from being an immortal caveman. Back when he was introduced in arrow/flash, I was hoping that in LoT they would explain that he really was an imortal caveman that ended up as an egyptian priest at some point.

CloudWolf

It was okay. Caity Lotz and that Heatwave dude are still terrible actors though.

oh, and Stein straight up drugging and kidnapping Dennis from Attack the Block was such an hilariously out-of-character thing to do. I couldn't do anything else than laugh at the stupidity of that, but in a good way if that makes sense. It's not annoying stupid like the "plan" of Oliver Queen in the last Arrow episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sara never struck me as a particularly animated or emotional person so I don't mind if Caity's flat.

The scene in Tibet wasn't great though.

KevinCow

Banned
How did Sara, Cold, and Heatwave get the drinks at the bar, anyway?

1) Did they not card in the '70s? Because they wouldn't have IDs.

2) Any modern money they had wouldn't have been usable. How did they get old money?

Magwik

Banned

2) Any modern money they had wouldn't have been usable. How did they get old money?

Probably mugged a dude

ZeroX03

Banned

They're clearly older than 21 and in a pretty rough dive bar. ID would not be an issue.

And yeah a bunch of master thieves would have no idea how to get money. Also the Waverider probably has provisions for each era.

They stole a car offscreen. Surely they can get money.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Sara never struck me as a particularly animated or emotional person so I don't mind if Caity's flat.

The scene in Tibet wasn't great though.

I enjoyed the scene in Tibet because it felt like a nod to The Raiders of the Lost Ark, although I think South Park did better homage late last year.

Today's dollar bill was designed in 1963 so they'd be good on that front.

carlsojo

Everyone's shook over Stein drugging Jackson but I'm 99 percent sure that's the same bourbon Wells used to drug Stein in season 1 of the Flash. It's a Firestorm tradition!

Enjoyed the first episode. Definitely rushed and incomplete, but that makes sense given it's only half the pilot.

It's also clear already that Captain Cold and Heatwave are going to run away with this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom