• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I watched the pilot.
They screwed up by not making Chronos more threatening. He was just some guy with a laser rifle and some grenades, basically, and he forced the entire team to flee.
If they can't collectively handle that what good are they?

They had a guy dying they were trying to stabilize and a ship that was being damaged. And they'd never worked together before.

Instead he needs a particle accelerator and a wormhole.

Not all the time.

Ashhong

I have only watched two episodes of the flash. So I can't really say. If a show can't show me it has strong writing and at least decent acting in the first couple episodes I pass. Pilots are supposed to hook you. I never felt that way about any of these shows.

Yet Agents of Shield hooked you? Makes no sense.

Yet Agents of Shield hooked you? Makes no sense.

You're kidding right? Nowhere above did I say it hooked me lol. I said season one, from what I watched was awful. But season two was better than any of the shows I had seen on the CW in terms of acting and writing. I also said it was pretty much my bottom line. How did bottom line get conflated with hooked?

Joni

I always though Agents of Shield was the real/serious superhero show, but The Flash is just too damn fun.
It is, and I wonder why anyone thought that was a good thing. Even their movies are at their best when they go for fun like Guardians or Avengers. Might be one of the shows I drop later this year. Want to really limit my week to week shows.

Pachimari

I liked the pilot, without loving it. It was actually slow at times, but they absolutely had to explain everything again. I love the whole time travel concept, which can bring us to some cool places every week.

Heatwave has seriously grown on me with this episode alone. White Canary is still one of my favorites in the Arrowverse, and Atom's suit continues to be baller. I also really like the Time Master guy. Firestorm is alright but they need to show more of him (them).

But for the love of this show, please replace Captain Cold, Hawkguy and Hawkgirl, preferably with Constantine, Jonah Hex and Vixen. Actually, I will cut him some slack for once, and say that Cold was alright this episode.

I liked the pilot, without loving it. It was actually slow at times, but they absolutely had to explain everything again. I love the whole time travel concept, which can bring us to some cool places every week.

Heatwave has seriously grown on me with this episode alone. White Canary is still one of my favorites in the Arrowverse, and Atom's suit continues to be baller. I also really like the Time Master guy. Firestorm is alright but they need to show more of him (them).

But for the love of this show, please replace Captain Cold, Hawkguy and Hawkgirl, preferably with Constantine, Jonah Hex and Vixen. Actually, I will cut him some slack for once, and say that Cold was alright this episode.
Replace Cold? Let's not be silly here

Klyka

Banned

Captain Cold is in the Top 3 of best Arrow/Flash characters, wtf am I reading.
Wentworth Miller plays the shit out of that character.

ZeroX03

Banned

cRtITEu.gif

Pachimari

This gif already got a use haha.

Replace Cold? Let's not be silly here

Captain Cold is in the Top 3 of best Arrow/Flash characters, wtf am I reading.
Wentworth Miller plays the shit out of that character.

If Miller is playing the character as requested by the source material, then more power to that. That's wonderful. I just think the character itself never aligned with me. I don't like his ice cold (no pun intended) and serious expression.

Kaswa101

Seriously though, Hawkman and Hawkgirl really suck. Their backstory is horribly handled and just feels like it doesn't belong. Not to mention the terrible low-budget Egypt scenes. 😭

brawly

Captain Cold is the main reason why I watch Flash. I always look forward to him appearing.

I wonder if they'll ever move away from the gun to a more elemental approach, ala New 52. Probably too difficult for tv.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I think Booster is one of DC's off limits characters, but it's hard to say because their embargoes are very silly and all over the show. One minute Booster is getting a TV show, next he's getting a buddy movie with Beetle.

Hearing Andrew Kreisberg talk about how there could of been a Booster Gold tv show really bummed me out.

Ithil

Captain Cold is the best part of the entire Arrowverse. Miller's committed to making him the most comic book, hammy character possible and I'm 100% on board.

TDLink

Cold is great. He just loves being a badguy and completely hams it up. If you watch The Flash, in his first appearance he isn't actually super hammy. He's just a jewel thief. Then he gets the cold gun and realizes he can be a "Super" Villain and goes all in on it. He intentionally hams it up to play the part, even with lines like "you should have known, I'm a badguy". He's an actor playing a character playing a character. It's pretty good once you realize that. He just loves being bad, loves saying the puns, loves punking Flash. Even in this show already his main goal is to steal shit throughout time. He just loves being bad. He's not guy who wants the world to end, he just wants to enjoy himself.

Klyka

Banned
Captain Cold is the best part of the entire Arrowverse. Miller's committed to making him the most comic book, hammy character possible and I'm 100% on board.

What I like about the character though is that the show has made it very apparent that it's not just Miller as an actor putting this on,but it's actually Snart himself hamming it up.
He ENJOYS doing this. He LOVES playing a "super villain". Not just a little idiot bank robber, a proper comic book SUPER villain. With a COLD GUN.

But sometimes, like with his sister or during serious times,you can see that he is a normal, actually pretty sensible guy, who happens to be a pretty bad apple.

Cold is great. He just loves being a badguy and completely hams it up. If you watch The Flash, in his first appearance he isn't actually super hammy. He's just a jewel thief. Then he gets the cold gun and realizes he can be a "Super" Villain and goes all in on it. He intentionally hams it up to play the part, even with lines like "you should have known, I'm a badguy". He's an actor playing a character playing a character. It's pretty good once you realize that. He just loves being bad, loves saying the puns, loves punking Flash. Even in this show already his main goal is to steal shit throughout time. He just loves being bad. He's not guy who wants the world to end, he just wants to enjoy himself.

giphy.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Captain Cold is the main reason why I watch Flash. I always look forward to him appearing.

I wonder if they'll ever move away from the gun to a more elemental approach, ala New 52. Probably too difficult for tv.

Fuck an elemental approach. Cold is better as a human. A human that's beaten Flash more than any meta. Villains of the week come and go but Captain Cold is forever.

What I like about the character though is that the show has made it very apparent that it's not just Miller as an actor putting this on,but it's actually Snart himself hamming it up.
He ENJOYS doing this. He LOVES playing a "super villain". Not just a little idiot bank robber, a proper comic book SUPER villain. With a COLD GUN.

But sometimes, like with his sister or during serious times,you can see that he is a normal, actually pretty sensible guy, who happens to be a pretty bad apple.

giphy.gif

VXMLrAF.gif

Agree completely, he is probably the funniest character on the show, and considering they have sisco that says something.

For example with the gif I posted a couple of posts ago, i like to imagine that Snart broke into the house and then proceeded to think about the most overly dramatic way he could reveal himself and then sat there giddy as a school kid waiting for Barry to arrive :)

Pachimari

Funny? I get slightly annoyed every time I see Snart on screen. I might be approaching him the wrong way though, and will give him another chance on LoT, because it's clearly me who haven't gotten the character yet.

Klyka

Banned
Agree completely, he is probably the funniest character on the show, and considering they have sisco that says something.

For example with the gif I posted a couple of posts ago, i like to imagine that Snart broke into the house and then proceeded to think about the most overly dramatic way he could reveal himself and then sat there giddy as a school kid waiting for Barry to arrive :)

I thought the same thing. The man had all the time in the world to grab whichever mug he wanted. he grabbed that one. AND HE HAD A LINE ABOUT MARSHMELLOWS PREPARED. How can you NOT love this guy?

tim1138

I hate that they changed Savage's origin from being an immortal caveman. Back when he was introduced in arrow/flash, I was hoping that in LoT they would explain that he really was an imortal caveman that ended up as an egyptian priest at some point.

Merging him with Hath-Set and the Hawks old origins was a weird choice.

Ithil

No one who sits by the fire with a mug waiting for their nemesis to come home to they can announce "HO HO HO" can be anything other than the best character in a show.

Joni

I'm hoping Savage was waiting for those meteors to get a power up but what happened with Carter and Kendra messed up his plans and it affected them instead along with binding them and now he has to kill them over and over again to take it.

Simple enough yes?

Magwik

Banned
I'm hoping Savage was waiting for those meteors to get a power up but what happened with Carter and Kendra messed up his plans and it affected them instead along with binding them and now he has to kill them over and over again to take it.

Simple enough yes?

Na he was just a salty motherfucker

Effect

I don't know why I didn't realize this but Rip outed everyone's identity to Heatwave and Captain Cold. Granted Cold and possibly Heatwave by association wouldn't take advantage of the knowledge. It's just that Rip just allowed that to happen from the very started even with the possibility some could have turned him down.

Joni

I don't know why I didn't realize this but Rip outed everyone's identity to Heatwave and Captain Cold. Granted Cold and possibly Heatwave by association wouldn't take advantage of the knowledge. It's just that Rip just allowed that to happen from the very started even with the possibility some could have turned him down.

Cold knows who Barry is. He could easily find the others through association.

Joni

Have him still be a caveman and say he just assumed the role of Hath-Set during Egyptian times

Yeah, in combination with this suggestion:

Simple enough yes?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm very quickly sensing that Captain Cold, Heatwave, Canary and Atom are going to be the standouts in this ensemble, however. Both the Hawks are dull as sin so far and I'm not getting the impression that's simply from a lack of screentime yet.

I'm already warming up to the banter between Jax and Stein. They were kind of dull in their intro ep, but it's shaping up much better.

The Hawks are the real low point here... particularly Hawkman.

After this I'm convinced the CW is incapable of making a decent superhero show. Arthur Darvill is good, but can't carry the poor writing that defines the CW.

I'll try to finish it later but the first twenty minutes were awful and I tried before with Arrow giving it like 6 episodes.

Hahahahahahaha

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's really weird how divisive the pilot is.

It's like the perfect extension of the Flash, just without the family drama at the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom