• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Maybe you're in the wrong universe.

Right, but 15 years prior to 2046 is 2021, so they still had three years to call him.

EDIT: Or Jay(s). There's your army.

94927_Papel-de-Parede-Futurama-Fry--94927_1280x800.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay I wasn't feeling this episode until the conversation with Conner and Oliver. There's a moment where Rip just sort of raises his eyebrows in the background while Conner is going "because I couldn't save my father and I don't deserve his name" that completely communicated "oh jesus what drama is this now?"

Didn't like this episode nearly as much as I thought I would. Prolly cuz amell is still a pretty mediocre actor and they really half assed old-oliver. All the way down to the hilarious beard haha

Cold and Heatwave stuff was gold though. Loved the stuff with those two and his gang

Oh and haha wow these guys really love shitting up deathstroke. His son is a goof

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Didn't like this episode nearly as much as I thought I would. Prolly cuz amell is still a pretty mediocre actor and they really half assed old-oliver. All the way down to the hilarious beard haha

Cold and Heatwave stuff was gold though. Loved the stuff with those two and his gang

Oh and haha wow these guys really love shitting up deathstroke. His son is a goof

kpMn2PF.gif

Luigi87

My only issue when thinking about last night's ep is basically this....

Apparently no matter what happens to Star City in upcoming seasons (and the current with Damien Darhk)... None of these events succeed in bringing down the city until Grant Wilson shows up.
I mean they couldn't anyway... hero show and all, but that's just something that was gnawing at the back of my mind at work today, lol

GulAtiCa

I mean, how are they all dead but Ollie survives? And who killed them? Lame ass Dickstroke jr?

LOL. I can't even picture it because of how stupid the idea is...

Yeah, I do agree that the idea is silly and dumb. Would have been more interesting if it was actually Slade instead. Then I could more see it.

I like to think that they weren't defeated by Deathstroke Jr, but some other force years before that in a big uprising. And that Deathstroke Jr only took advantage of the aftermath.

Joni

I mean, how are they all dead but Ollie survives? And who killed them? Lame ass Dickstroke jr?
It is possible to find logical reasons for most of them, with the most simple one being that a 61-year old Oliver Queen is younger than most of them. Detailed reasons:

Vixen and Constantine have their own problems. They don't seem eager to turn up in Star unannounced.
Cisco has no fighting superpowers for the moment.
Wells 2 would be 83 based on Tom C. age
ARGUS was going to nuke Star City the last time a Wilson conquered it.
The League is dead.
Katana would be 70 if she is as old as the Maseo actor. Rila's age is not on Wikipedia.

Yeah, I do agree that the idea is silly and dumb. Would have been more interesting if it was actually Slade instead. Then I could more see it.

I like to think that they weren't defeated by Deathstroke Jr, but some other force years before that in a big uprising. And that Deathstroke Jr only took advantage of the aftermath.

In my mind, Slade helped Grant take over the city. But Oliver at least managed to take him down or he left to kill another hero with Joe.

ZeroX03

Banned

LOL. I can't even picture it because of how stupid the idea is...

Oliver has leading man protection. Reverse Flash even told him he's not dying anytime soon.

And I think only Diggle and Lance are confirmed dead, the rest are "gone" and Felicity has "left". Either way there's a huge time gap so anything could happen.

Yeah, they should just make a show about Cold and Heatwave breaking in and out of prisons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode this week, I got Old Man Logan vibes from Oliver.

I don't wanna drop arrow spoilers in here due to not knowing who's watching what now but between amell's reaction during a major moment at the end of this week's arrow and old man oliver he is phoning it in big time. It's like he's not even there haha. No fucks given.

It's night and day when you watch flash and see grant gustin killing it every week.

Sorry for the bump. But I just went through dcw week today

Magwik

Banned
I don't wanna drop arrow spoilers in here due to not knowing who's watching what now but between amell's reaction during a major moment at the end of this week's arrow and old man oliver he is phoning it in big time. It's like he's not even there haha. No fucks given.

It's night and day when you watch flash and see grant gustin killing it every week.

In defense of the Legends episode he only had 2 days to shoot all of his scenes so there wasn't much time for him to really get a feel for Old Man Ollie

Dunlop

I don't think Amell has a great acting range to draw upon. Through multiple seasons of Arrow can you honestly see a difference between happy,brooding or angry Oliver?

I remember seeing him in Vampire Diaries his character might as well have been Oliver that also happened to be a werewolf.

Magwik

Banned
I don't think Amell has a great acting range to draw upon. Through multiple seasons of Arrow can you honestly see a difference between happy,brooding or angry Oliver?

I remember seeing him in Vampire Diaries his character might as well have been Oliver that also happened to be a werewolf.
His range is also entirely dependent on how the character is written. If he's thrown a shitty script and lines, he has to deal with it. He's definitely gotten much better since S1 though, just watch the confrontation between him and Lance from earlier this season.

Blader

I thought Ollie's old man makeup looked okay, though laughed at the fact that he still gets the same haircut 30 years later.

Platy

I thought Ollie's old man makeup looked okay, though laughed at the fact that he still gets the same haircut 30 years later.

People talk about flying cars, but if there is one thing people never get EVEN CLOSE to get it right in future movies is fashion

foxtrot3d

Banned

Agreed.

He does those things because they like Amell, and don't want to ask even more of him given he's sacrificing time with his family and his little time off to work on this show. The dude hates the wigs they give him by all accounts, so the team probably figured a silly, minor detail wasn't needed.

Acting wise, even if they had wanted to go that route it's asking a lot of Amell to do any of that given he's still got to focus primarily on his own TV show.

I'm aware everything I just listed is practical rather than creative driven, but getting this sort of episode at all is a ridiculous accomplishment.

It's acting him a lot to fucking act? C'mon now...

The writing team can only get so much blame, such as making Old Oliver basically sound like act like young Oliver but even a bad script can be elevated by a good actor. Amell just acted the same as regular Oliver with a modified voice, even his mannerisms were that of a young man. It was just plain terrible.

I came for Batman Beyond Oliver Queen, I got the same Oliver I've had for four seasons with spray painted hair and a bad fake beard.

I feel like Amell has been trying to play this awkward and emotionally broken character for ages but he simply doesn't have the acting chops for it. He's certainly got passion for the character and the universe tho, that's for sure.

And yes, always impressed with Grant. I found that particular event a bit heavy handed but he sold it.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Agreed.

It's acting him a lot to fucking act? C'mon now...

The writing team can only get so much blame, such as making Old Oliver basically sound like act like young Oliver but even a bad script can be elevated by a good actor. Amell just acted the same as regular Oliver with a modified voice, even his mannerisms were that of a young man. It was just plain terrible.

I came for Batman Beyond Oliver Queen, I got the same Oliver I've had for four seasons with spray painted hair and a bad fake beard.

'It's asking him a lot to fucking act.'

Given the fact that he regularly works 12+ hour days nine months of the year, has a young kid, has a side business, regularly does conventions, and still agreed to take time out from his busy schedule to guest star on another TV show as an older version of Oliver Queen? Yeah, I'd say it was a bit much to expect a stunning performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom