• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation |OT| This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goldrusher said:
How does it rank the countries ?

Does it take into account the number of players and/or the country's population ?

I think it's just number of players and how many zombies they're killing because USA is wayyyy ahead.

Great game but I really wish it did save checkpoints. The missions are fairly wrong and I don't always have time to 'keep playing', I've already lost progress a few times because I had to quit out. Thankfully it's fun enough for me to keep coming back either way.

Kittonwy

Banned
Goldrusher said:
How does it rank the countries ?

Does it take into account the number of players and/or the country's population ?

Last night I checked my country is no. 2, this is unacceptable. >:|

see5harp

Snuggler said:
I think it's just number of players and how many zombies they're killing because USA is wayyyy ahead.

Great game but I really wish it did save checkpoints. The missions are fairly wrong and I don't always have time to 'keep playing', I've already lost progress a few times because I had to quit out. Thankfully it's fun enough for me to keep coming back either way.

It's a lot like Left 4 Dead in that way. Sometimes I find the levels are too long and discourage jumping in for a quick game. I personally think they should have included a non campaign mode for straight score challenge with increasing waves of difficulty. I'm sure they can add something like that, but I hope they don't try and charge like they did with Super Stardust HD.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man said:

whatway?

honestly never heard of it

I personally think they should have included a non campaign mode for straight score challenge with increasing waves of difficulty. I'm sure they can add something like that, but I hope they don't try and charge like they did with Super Stardust HD

Yeah, that would be great. I can deal with losing my spot in the mission, but it would be nice if it at least saved my score, loot and unlockables. It's quite discouraging to reload the game and see all that stuff gone but at least that way you'd have some sense of progress.

oh well

alterno69

Banned
Impressions after beating 3 levels.

AMAZING

This game is addicting, that multiplier is pure genious, i can't stop playing cause i don't want to lose my multiplier, i made around 350k points in the first level but from the second on i was on fire, i died inly oncein the third level and my multiplier by the end of it was 400+, made like 5 million points in that level alone, after beating it i'm restarting for sure, i can possible get to level four without dying. I'm ranked 1000 something and i was 900 but i died in the dumbest way on the fourth level, so frustrating in a nice way, i was in a fucking roll. My score sits at 8.5 million at the end of level 3 and i know i can do so much better.

My main weapon is the rifle, fully upgraded, only use the SMG as a backup, flares and nades are a great help in hairy situations. I use the rifle 90% of the time tho, so awesome.

Levels and atmosphere are great, so far nice variety, in some levels you get lots of car which are a great help but in some there's none so you have to rely on your weapons and equipment. You can use flares to make garbage catch on fire and slow down enemies and stuff.

The game is VERY strategic, not as much a twitch shooter which is a nice and welcome surprise, you have to know when to push and when to step back, be aware of your surroundings, be carefull not to trap yourself in a corner. Everytime you receive damage you loose multiplier points so it's important to avoid it at all costs.

The srpint button is awesome and very handy cause you can push through a sea of zombies when things get hectic.

Overall amazig game.

Playing on Grim now... not a fan of the changes in difficulty. I mean seriously... just because a zombie is fat, it can practically stand on a grenade and survive the explosion? Really? A zombie? A decaying, rotting, reanimated sack of flesh can survive an explosion in it's direct proximity?

I can understand the bigger mutations and such... but I'm talking about a common zombie, who just happens to be fat (there's a bunch of fat policemen).

:|

How long does the -20% discount last? I'm not sure if it's the first 24 hours or if it's just a PSN Plus deal. I want to buy it, but I'd rather wait a week or two if possible.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RockmanWhore said:
How long does the -20% discount last? I'm not sure if it's the first 24 hours or if it's just a PSN Plus deal. I want to buy it, but I'd rather wait a week or two if possible.

it's only a Playstation Plus deal. I'm not exactly sure but it'll be available for at least a weak.

Enk

makes good threads.
Lince said:
edit: fucking awesome, played coop with a friend, oh if we had got this in the SNES era...

Well there was Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Come to think of it, that game screams for some kind of resurgance.

I haven't read the thread.

Is their a way to shoot in this game like SSHD? with the right analog stick? I don't like th R1 configuration.

see5harp

gluv65 said:

Is their a way to shoot in this game like SSHD? with the right analog stick? I don't like th R1 configuration.

That would be horrible because you wouldn't be able to charge rifle shots or burst fire effectively with any of the power weapons.

Kittonwy

Banned
gluv65 said:

You can't, you don't have unlimited ammo for any gun other than the rifle and you would lose the ability to do a charge shot, R1 is for the best. >:|

So far I really like this game but fuck me is it hard as nails on just Grim. I've gotten a better strat down and I've made it to lvl 3 but it was much harder than I thought.
I did it by maxing out the rifle before even buying the SMG. Fuck that shotgun, it's worthless and so far the flamethrower is terrible too. Just using the max rifle has gotten me past most problems and I do have the SMG now to slow people down with.
I can't seem to get a good partner in an online game. They never seem to know about dashing or looting and they always quit if they die, even if we are about to advance to the next level anyways.

YoungHav

Banned
2 questions: 1) You can only save save between levels right? If you turn off in the middle of a level you lose all progress? 2) What is the red number? for ex: 32X (in red)>?

see5harp

Shotgun does work wonders on some of the larger enemy types like the guys in uniform or the biohazard guys. It also is amazing if you use a flare to get a huge group together. With the skinny fast guys, SMG is the ideal weapon in most cases because the charged rifle shots don't go through those guys. For the standard zombie, the charged rifle shot is easily the best weapon because it can kill 4-5 guys at a time. For all of the larger special infected, the rifle has been unmatched for me, even with the SMG and Shotty maxed out because generally you want to keep your distance from those guys.

see5harp

YoungHav said:
2 questions: 1) You can only save save between levels right? If you turn off in the middle of a level you lose all progress? 2) What is the red number? for ex: 32X (in red)>?

X means "multiply" in math. Don't get hit and your scores increase.

1 Hour till im home from work... hurry up!!!!

What's the best equipment to use? The flares duration looks pretty poor from what i've seen (im guessing you can upgrade the length of time?)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Upgrade your ammo count on all the explosives early on. I've found the shotgun to be quite shit. I've been going with the rifle (unlimited ammo) and the SMG when there's a crowd of zombies.

see5harp

kyo_daikun said:
1 Hour till im home from work... hurry up!!!!

What's the best equipment to use? The flares duration looks pretty poor from what i've seen (im guessing you can upgrade the length of time?)

The first I do is upgrade the rifle. Then I upgrade flares/grenades. Flares and grenades basically serve the same purpose in the early levels because there are cars that you can explode in combination with the flares. Grenades are a bit more useful in the later levels when there are so many guys spawning around you that the explosion helps manage the number of enemies. Later on your get Dynamite, which is essentially a giant grenade. The flame weapons/items don't seem to do a ton of damage, but slow the enemies considerably.

see5harp

alr1ghtstart said:
Upgrade your ammo count on all the explosives early on. I've found the shotgun to be quite shit. I've been going with the rifle (unlimited ammo) and the SMG when there's a crowd of zombies.

Shotgun is shit early, but with it maxed, it seems to serve the same purpose as the SMG with a much wider firing arc.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I held off from buying it yesterday since I have way too many games to beat and all your impressions are gonna make me go buy it right now. Curse you guys!

Melchiah

I recommend to upgrade the mines as early as possible. They're perfect for those closed encounters with hundreds of enemies.

CozMick

Banned
jigglywiggly said:
I do, actually. How many do I have to cull to play?

Please don't be 50 again (I'm lookin' at you, WipEout HD)

From what I've heard it's just the one.

There's a patch inbound but we don't know when.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DMPrince said:
oh look. canada is about to get surpassed by UK in a few :lol

that's been the only interesting thing about the online kill count stuff, UK and Canadia have been neck n' neck

USA has been everyone else combined and more, it's not even fair

Snuggler said:
that's been the only interesting thing about the online kill count stuff, UK and Canadia have been neck n' neck

that one day lead sure helped :lol

alterno69

Banned
Snuggler said:

I'm mexican but my account is from the US cause when i bought my console there wasn't a Mexican option when registering for the network :(

Top Bottom