• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

Skilletor

I never try for lobbies, but I can always find a ranked game easily.

Play ranked!

I've been playing ranked, but the inability to decline matches no matter the connection is inexcusable. I should be able to see my opponent's connection and DC ratio before accepting any match.

Dantis

I've been playing ranked, but the inability to decline matches no matter the connection is inexcusable. I should be able to see my opponent's connection and DC ratio before accepting any match.

I agree, it's maddening. Even with the improved netcode, it's impossible to counter on 1-bar. And considering how little health and power Kasumi has, I have to just play hit and run tactics.

DR2K

Banned
I agree, it's maddening. Even with the improved netcode, it's impossible to counter on 1-bar. And considering how little health and power Kasumi has, I have to just play hit and run tactics.

Everyone has the same amount of health. Kasumi has little nothing.

c_l1350660163_0.jpg

c_l1350660163_5.jpg

c_l1350660163_10.jpg

official mouse pads for DOA5 releasing in Japan.

DOA 5 pc confirmed ??!?!?!?!1

jk

DR2K

Banned
You're blowing my mind.

Little power?

Some character are lighter weight and can be hit a few extra times. Kasumi is a lightweight character. Bass would be a heavyweight, and the opposite holds true for launching him. Damage points wise they're the exact same.

She's not lacking in damage. Compare her to low damage output characters like Christie or Helena.

Esura

Banned
Now the biggest question. Which one will you get?

Well, preferably all three but I see where you going with this question, lol.

You'd probably think I would pick Ayane but I would choose Hitomi. Dunno why, but her busoms looks considerably bigger than the others in that pose.

The netcode's still that bad? I was waiting for the patch but I guess it didn't fix much?
Actually, post patch, I've been having almost flawless matches on the 360. None of the hiccuping from before. It's a huge relief. There are still some issues for me, such as the game telling me I'm "not connected to a network" (whatever the hell that means) and disconnecting me from lobbies. I still occasionally have to go to the dashboard after a lockup, too. I can deal with those sort of issues, though, as long as my fights aren't lagging over the place.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Netcodes still based on connection. But now I'm having "solid" connections turn to crap in lobbies, which is pure WTF.

Skilletor

The netcode is good, but if you're trying to dig deeper into the combat, it's becomes more difficult to play seriously.

Punishment is really hard online, even with a good connection. Countering, too. I have difficulty blocking strings that I know have a low hit, or even reacting to lows online.

It's good, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than it was before, but I still have issues with it. For me, I'd say it depends on how you look at online. I'm a very competitive player, but I'm not playing DoA to be competitive. I love the series, think it's a lot of fun. So that's how I play online, acknowledging that it isn't the same offline. I don't look at other games this way.

I would put it a notch below VF5's netcode, which is good. I've got 100 matches online now and I'd say post-patch, they've been pretty good. Only a few I'd consider unplayable, and those at 1 bar.

FUCK fighting Kasumi with Tina at 1 bar. Can't do shit.

Dizzy

Banned
Trying to do survival with the cheap Leifang method but for some reason I keep screwing up her attack. I can pull it off no probs in a normal match but when the pressures on I hit left instead of down/left and she just waves her arms around like a tard. Curse this ps3 faux-dpad.

Whats a good and reasonably priced arcade stick for PS3? Doa5 one is too much. Theres a tekken one with a similar layout for £50, is it any good?

Skilletor

Trying to do survival with the cheap Leifang method but for some reason I keep screwing up her attack. I can pull it off no probs in a normal match but when the pressures on I hit left instead of down/left and she just waves her arms around like a tard. Curse this ps3 faux-dpad.

Whats a good and reasonably priced arcade stick for PS3? Doa5 one is too much. Theres a tekken one with a similar layout for £50, is it any good?

Need more info than that. Is it the Tekken TE?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yesterday I had the same problem and I had any selected. It seems the match making system got screwed up. I managed to get some matches later but it took me a lot of tries.

Last time I tried playing ranked after the update, the game crashed on the first two attempts, connected to a match between two other players on the second attempt (so I spectated a ranked match...WTF, LOL) then crashed when it finished, and finally started working again on the fourth attempt.

MrMephistoX

Its the Tekken 6 arcade stick bundle.

This is the stick
tekken-6-20090716071817890.jpg

It's not too bad of a stick but the Madcatz SE sticks are a better deal overall if you can find them since you can mod them later with better parts. The Tekken stick is hard wired so it's very difficult to improve upon unless you're handy with a soldering iron and a dremel.

Het_Nkik

I think it's only common sense for people to use what they're most comfortable with. I hate pads for fighters, period.

Yep, I use a Saturn pad for Saturn (obviously), Dreamcast, PC, and PS3 fighting games. If I could get Saturn pads to work on more systems I would use them there as well.

I haven't really played much since launch, and the online was so bad then that I thought I'd never play much again.

Randomly decided to hop back on today, downloaded the 1.02 update, and am blown away by how much better the netcode seems to have gotten.

A totally different story, online-wise. If you were turned off before, jump back in.

(Now my biggest complaint is having to restart the whole game when THAT GUY hangs at the stage select menu...)

Esura

Banned
Ayane's ending in DOA4 was awesome. Anyone know what song is played?

I'm not sure of the song but this exact scene is in Dimensions...as not an ending, but like the later part of story mode.

Wow, that sucks as an ending.

The only stick I'm comfortable playing with is my own. Arcade sticks just hurt, maybe if I tilted the stick. . .

LOL

Good one. Should be your new title, lol.
I don't care for arcade sticks either.

Endo Punk

Man I haven't even touched the ranked matches yet. I think I'll remain simple and be best of the F's XD At least until another online fix is released.

BTW does anyone have the same problem? When I accept throwdowns I could never join matches whether throwdown or simple, was fine before the patch.

matmanx1

I finished the Story Mode last night and I can honestly say that it was a fun ride. Lots of laughs and campy action galore. I still don't know who I favor the most although I do have it narrowed down somewhat.

Now I'm going to start clearing Arcade mode and unlocking more costumes!

lol, I got so used to the new faces in DOA5. She looks like a 12 year old kid with some left over baby fat in this video.

Yeah she looks a lot like the Ayane from DOAU opening. I don't dislike neither btw.

@matmanx1: story was cool indeed. I wish it was more serious and longer, lots of potential here.

Esura

Banned
Yeah she looks a lot like the Ayane from DOAU opening. I don't dislike neither btw.

@matmanx1: story was cool indeed. I wish it was more serious and longer, lots of potential here.

I wish they would of actually threw more hints at Rig besides his scenes with Christie and the ending though.

Endo Punk

Oh great I will never get insomniac and exercise newbie trophy because the story doesn't tell which command training and cutscene I missed.

Dantis

I finished the Story Mode last night and I can honestly say that it was a fun ride. Lots of laughs and campy action galore. I still don't know who I favor the most although I do have it narrowed down somewhat.

High five!

Glad you enjoyed it. I still think it gets waaaaay too much hate.

Dreamer RD

Downloded from PSN. Spent a little time in practice and noticed some freeze during fight, like it's loading something. Is it normal?

Dizzy

Banned
It's not too bad of a stick but the Madcatz SE sticks are a better deal overall if you can find them since you can mod them later with better parts. The Tekken stick is hard wired so it's very difficult to improve upon unless you're handy with a soldering iron and a dremel.
I wouldn't have the first clue about modding it. I can possibly get it cheaper on ebay so I'll give it a try. Looks the best one available within that price range.

Endo Punk

Finally done with story command training. Jann Lee's 8 hit combo from behind got me stumped and his one of my favourites, but got it even if it was on a fluke. 38 more titles before I unlock Alpha and punish Survival mode.

Finally done with story command training. Jann Lee's 8 hit combo from behind got me stumped and his one of my favourites, but got it even if it was on a fluke. 38 more titles before I unlock Alpha and punish Survival mode.

for anyone else wondering abut this one, you just need to hit his 4F+K when your opponent is stunned and you're both in the same stance, then continue on with a combo to make sure you get 8 hits.

Top Bottom